User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
What a sad mess. I'm remembering an early rumor here that Mick asked a bunch of tour folks who would be the bigger draw, Lindsey or Stevie, and supposedly the answer was Stevie. If that was truly the deciding factor, and if it came down to firing one or the other, my question is, was he wrong to fire Lindsey? If Stevie is the bigger draw, financially it makes more sense for them. After all, touring is where Mick and John derive their income, they're not song writers. And they may have recorded Buck/Vie together, but Lindsey and Christine then went on a lengthy tour without them. Not saying that was wrong or right, just that that's what happened. And Christine and Lindsey played smaller venues at lesser prices. From a business standpoint, I can see why Mick may have done this. No matter, it's still ugly, but from a strictly financial and business pov, it kind of makes sense more sense to me now.
1) they didn't bill themselves as FM

2) the album was supposed to be a FM album and if SN had participated they all would have made money on a much bigger, more profitable tour. So that kinda knocks down the theory that she's about helping them make money

3) it seems very likely Mick and John could have been asked to participate in the BV tour. Yeah it would have upped the profit sharing but it might well have also upped the ticket sales/venue sizes to offset that
Old 05-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
1) they didn't bill themselves as FM

2) the album was supposed to be a FM album and if SN had participated they all would have made money on a much bigger, more profitable tour. So that kinda knocks down the theory that she's about helping them make money

3) it seems very likely Mick and John could have been asked to participate in the BV tour. Yeah it would have upped the profit sharing but it might well have also upped the ticket sales/venue sizes to offset that
It still amazes me how some people can find sense to this situation.

And at the end it was Lindsey's fault for recording with Christine. He pushed her to do the album so it's not her fault. Only his. So, at the end of the day, we all agree Stevie got Lindsey fired because of BV.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
One of the members of the Buckingham McVie touring band commented on a post in an LB facebook group and said that it's not true that Lindsey wanted them to delay the tour. He said that Lindsey was excited for it and had even shared the rehearsal dates with him. The information that Rick Turner shared also corroborates this. This is also what the people with 'sources' had said-- and they'd actually been saying that since before the conversation with Rick happened, before the BuckVie band member said anything, before that video was posted. What he wanted, according to Rick and to those people, was to be allowed to do solo shows in between the Mac tour, exactly as that video indicates he was planning.
And you're right that we weren't there, and maybe earlier on he had asked if they could delay the tour. But as all of those people made clear, that was not the case at the time of the firing and that's what really matters. He was not insisting they delay it, nor was he issuing any ultimatums that he wouldn't tour.
Well, there we have it. Named sources.

I'm so disappointed in Stevie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
They probably asked for her vote when they had already had John’s, so her vote was irrelevant.
Yes, yes, "majority rules" and all that. But it would have been decent of them to at least ask her what she thought before making the decision, give her a chance to make her voice heard. Who knows, maybe she would have been OK with it. It shows such a lack of respect that they didn't even consult her.

As for the whole "keeping her out of the decision to spare her awkwardness" argument... I would rather be given a voice than have someone else take my voice away from me in the name of "sparing me" anything. It's called having agency. They must think Christine is a very weak woman if they believe she can't handle the consequences of her own decisions, and they would be incredibly presumptuous to make that kind of call "on her behalf" in any case.

Alternatively, she was on board with it, but was not gung-ho about it, and thus has asked to be characterized as someone who was not a part of the decision-making process at all. With all the lies going around, this is not outside the realm of possibility.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One of the members of the Buckingham McVie touring band commented on a post in an LB facebook group and said that it's not true that Lindsey wanted them to delay the tour. He said that Lindsey was excited for it and had even shared the rehearsal dates with him. The information that Rick Turner shared also corroborates this. This is also what the people with 'sources' had said-- and they'd actually been saying that since before the conversation with Rick happened, before the BuckVie band member said anything, before that video was posted. What he wanted, according to Rick and to those people, was to be allowed to do solo shows in between the Mac tour, exactly as that video indicates he was planning.
And you're right that we weren't there, and maybe earlier on he had asked if they could delay the tour. But as all of those people made clear, that was not the case at the time of the firing and that's what really matters. He was not insisting they delay it, nor was he issuing any ultimatums that he wouldn't tour.
I hadn't read this earlier, when I posted about Lindsey wanting to delay the tour, and that not being acceptable. There is no way I can keep up with everything on here at the moment - I tend to read the last few posts on a thread early in the morning.
Well if it is true that he didn't want to the delay the tour at the time of firing, then the only issue was the solo shows at the same time as the FM shows. I can still see him being furious at not being allowed to do this, and this causing fireworks.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Yes, yes, "majority rules" and all that. .
this is the joke of it. I re-watched the CBS interview. The interviewer says "Stevie Nicks agreed with the decision" to let LB go, and they go to Stevie and she says they are a team, and one of the members didn't want to go on the road when the rest of the team did.

And I stop the video there and go, well....ok. If that's your criterion, then YOU should have been kicked out in the past several years-- TWICE. Once when the "majority rules" i.e. LB, Mick, John wanted to go on tour in 2010/2011/2012 and YOU didn't want to go until 2013 because you had solo stuff to do.

And then again in what 2016? I think it was... when the MAJORITY again wanted to make an album, and even ALL went into the studio together and began recording, and YOU refused, and did solo stuff instead.

So for them to sit there with straight faces and say the reason was due to him not wanting to tour, or even if they said he was 'refusing' to tour.....it wouldn't change the fact that they totally put up with it TWICE from her.

And when they did put the album out with all 4, they didn't fire her and get a replacement for her AND they didn't call it FM. Which, according to the logic they spout in these interviews, they should have done,

yeah, yeah, she brings more money etc etc. We get that. Then just admit it. We're not Beliebers, we're all grown ups. We know how the world works. Just say, Lindsey and Stevie don't like each other, Lindsey doesn't bring in the bucks for touring the way she does, so.....there you go. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Could they be using scheduling as the public reason to not share dirty laundry of all the nasty fighting that must have gone on....sure. Probably. But don't use such obviously fake excuses.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-02-2018 at 04:38 PM..
Old 05-02-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Alternatively, she was on board with it, but was not gung-ho about it, and thus has asked to be characterized as someone who was not a part of the decision-making process at all. With all the lies going around, this is not outside the realm of possibility.
I thought about this as well, she said she would have liked to do a second project with Lindsey like BuckinghamMcVie last year after all, maybe she wouldn't want to "burn all the bridges" with him again.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
They have eyes but will not see, and ears but will not hear. All that gold dust must have incinerated their brains.
Not a brain cell between us, "mindless" in fact. It's a tragedy... but thanks for your input
Old 05-02-2018, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, there we have it. Named sources.

Yes, yes, "majority rules" and all that. But it would have been decent of them to at least ask her what she thought before making the decision, give her a chance to make her voice heard. Who knows, maybe she would have been OK with it. It shows such a lack of respect that they didn't even consult her.

As for the whole "keeping her out of the decision to spare her awkwardness" argument... I would rather be given a voice than have someone else take my voice away from me in the name of "sparing me" anything. It's called having agency. They must think Christine is a very weak woman if they believe she can't handle the consequences of her own decisions, and they would be incredibly presumptuous to make that kind of call "on her behalf" in any case.

Well, for the first time I'm guessing . I think she was asked maybe last because of the chance of her saying "no way!", and because she could also convince John to vote the same way. It was smart, really. Once Mick was on board, they both convinced John and Christine was, well, irrelevant,
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 05-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this is the joke of it. I re-watched the CBS interview. The interviewer says "Stevie Nicks agreed with the decision" to let LB go, and they go to Stevie and she says they are a team, and one of the members didn't want to go on the road when the rest of the team didn't.

And I stop the video there and go, well....ok. If that's your criterion, then YOU should have been kicked out in the past several years-- TWICE. Once when the "majority rules" i.e. LB, Mick, John wanted to go on tour in 2010/2011/2012 and YOU didn't want to go until 2013 because you had solo stuff to do.

And then again in what 2016? I think it was... when the MAJORITY again wanted to make an album, and even ALL went into the studio together and began recording, and YOU refused, and did solo stuff instead.

So for them to sit there with straight faces and say the reason was due to him not wanting to tour, or even if they said he was 'refusing' to tour.....it wouldn't change the fact that they totally put up with it TWICE from her.

And when they did put the album out with all 4, they didn't fire her and get a replacement for her AND they didn't call it FM. Which, according to the logic they spout in these interviews, they should have done,

yeah, yeah, she brings more money etc etc. We get that. Then just admit it. We're not Beliebers, we're all grown ups. We know how the world works. Just say, Lindsey and Stevie don't like each other, Lindsey doesn't bring in the bucks for touring the way she does, so.....there you go. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Could they be using scheduling as the public reason to not share dirty laundry of all the nasty fighting that must have gone on....sure. Probably. But don't use such obviously fake excuses.
Oh, but some are in fact Beliebers. It's easier that way.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Trust me, she burnt ALL of her bridges with the Buckingham’s family. They’re all blaming her.
Exactly, it's very sad. I wonder what Cory's thoughts are on this as she supported Stevie on one of her tours I believe and isn't her partner Micks support drummer?

Last edited by Angel75; 05-02-2018 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, but some are in fact Beliebers. It's easier that way.
ha ha. I actually just meant it in terms of age.... we're not teenagers who don't know any better. We're all mostly adults. Those of us who have followed these guys forever are at least in our 40s and 50s and even 60s. So the fact they think they can spout nonsense and their fans are too dumb to know how the world works is sad.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Exactly, it's very sad. I wonder what Corts thoughts are on this as she supported Stevie on one of her tours I believe and isn't her partner Micks support drummer?
speaking of which, does anyone know who the guy is in the footage of them rehearsing who is behind Mick? White haired guy. At first I thought backup drummer but if they still use Steve it's def not him. And watching again it doesn't look like the guy is actually playing drums anyway. Maybe guitar, if he's playing anything. It's hard to tell coz he's blocked by the drum kit and other equipment. Neale and Brett are seen in their usual spots over on Christine's side of the stage.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
speaking of which, does anyone know who the guy is in the footage of them rehearsing who is behind Mick? White haired guy. At first I thought backup drummer but if they still use Steve it's def not him. And watching again it doesn't look like the guy is actually playing drums anyway. Maybe guitar, if he's playing anything. It's hard to tell coz he's blocked by the drum kit and other equipment. Neale and Brett are seen in their usual spots over on Christine's side of the stage.
Isn’t Steve married to or dating Lindsey’s niece Cory? Methinks could make for an awkward situation for him
Old 05-02-2018, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Isn’t Steve married to or dating Lindsey’s niece Cory? Methinks could make for an awkward situation for him
Very awkward I imagine.
That's what's really sad about it. His entire family has either made or supported comments about Stevie that have painted her in a very negative light in regards to this whole situation. His brother who's known her for decades, his niece, his wife, his daughter, even his daughter's FRIENDS.
Just a sad, sad situation.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Very awkward I imagine.
That's what's really sad about it. His entire family has either made or supported comments about Stevie that have painted her in a very negative light in regards to this whole situation. His brother who's known her for decades, his niece, his wife, his daughter, even his daughter's FRIENDS.
Just a sad, sad situation.
Well, yeah, that's what I been telling since this whole mess started. I'm sure Stevie knew what she was getting into when she decided to throw Lindsey out of her life. Lindsey's wife and kids are irrelevant in comparison to his brother, his sister-in-law, his nieces. All this people have known her since forever. I really, really wonder what was she thinking. At least she could have handled this situation in a better way.