Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
More sweeping statements....
I'm a Stevie fan and I loved the Buckvie album, and don't view Lindsey as a monster for calling it Buckingham McVie.
The constant generalising about Stevie fans does get irritating. And I realise it's not going to change.
I know... it's crazy that anyone would think a Stevie fan wouldn't like the Buck/Vie album out of some sense of, what, loyalty? It was going to be a FM album, Stevie declined to participate, so it became a 'duets' album (without any duets). I did miss Stevie's presence on it, just like I missed Christine's presence on Say You Will, but I still liked it. In fact, I liked Buck/Vie more than Say You Will.

Some Lindsey superfans want it both ways- Stevie refused to participate, yet at the same time she's jealous they made the album without her. It's a contradiction. Stevie had the choice to participate and she declined. If she were jealous that Christine and Lindsey were working together, she would have joined them. And what was there to be jealous of? Christine gave him 5 songs, Lindsey did his usual production work on them, and that was it. It wasn't like they were in the studio working late hours, curled up together in a blanket writing lyrics together LOL!

Instead of looking for MORE excuses to hate Stevie, why not just focus on the ones we know are true, instead of making up superfluous reasons LOL?
Old 04-29-2018, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
All that time spent in rehearsal is probably actually spent in recording the backing tracks they will use in their concerts. I wonder how much of the music in the shows will be actually performed live.
Probably more live than the Buck/Vie shows, since they have enough money to hire real live musicians and back up singers.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:44 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
The BuckVie shows had LOTS of pre-recorded tracks as did the last FM tour with Christine. This isn’t new.
I suppose it's a good thing then I don't attend concerts any more. That is no longer playing music. Imagine if a symphony orchestra pre-recorded its string parts, or if an opera singer lip synced!

If Fleetwood Mac are too old to play their parts then they should call it a day.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
He couldn't say it directly I suppose, that would have caused even more fuss

Come to think of it, why not state the obvious? Why shouldn't Mick simply say Stevie and Lindsey can't work together any more? Isn't that obvious to all of us, and even the casual fan? It would be more truthful and less infuriating than the lies they are peddling now.
Because they’re still counting on all those super loyal Stevie’s fans who think she has nothing to do with it, even though her good friend Mike Campbell was hired to replace Lindsey 6 days after Musicares. But I’m sure that’s just a coincidence
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I suppose it's a good thing then I don't attend concerts any more. That is no longer playing music. Imagine if a symphony orchestra pre-recorded its string parts, or if an opera singer lip synced!

If Fleetwood Mac are too old to play their parts then they should call it a day.
It's not even an age thing. Somewhere along the line, someone decided that concerts need to sound like the records. Like, EXACTLY like the records.

I do sound for a LOT of newer country acts, and 95% of them play with tracks. Hear that girl's voice on the chorus? Oh wait, there's no girl in the band!! Where's it coming from? Oh, the karaoke machine....

Mirage is the last time that FM was an actual band.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She's something else, if you ask me...
Attachment 13090
Awww, how cute!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-29-2018, 09:51 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Because they’re still counting on all those super loyal Stevie’s fans who think she has nothing to do with it, even though her good friend Mike Campbell was hired to replace Lindsey 6 days after Musicares. But I’m sure that’s just a coincidence
Which is why I don't believe in coincidence This was preplanned way in advance. She was just waiting for the right opportunity to pounce.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think you're going to find ANYONE to argue that point.

I think this tour, and someone will leave. Neil would be my first bet.
Isn’t he supposed to release an album with his son? So, yeah, he’s using FM to somehow promote his new work
Old 04-29-2018, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
All I know is, the few shows they’ve had since Buckvie, Stevie refused to stand next to him in the final bows. “ as long as I stand I will take your hand “. Stevie, “I’ll show him”. This is Stevie’s doing mostly and it can’t be denied anymore.
Yep, it started with The Classics, and I found it odd at that time, but everybody around me dismissed my paranoia
Old 04-29-2018, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Awww, how cute!
I was torn between that, and this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fmlolSNchix.jpg (35.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-29-2018, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
All I know is, the few shows they’ve had since Buckvie, Stevie refused to stand next to him in the final bows.
I wonder why? Is it possible she's behaving that way, as he's been a complete and utter arsehole towards her? It is a possibility, just as much as the possibility that she was scheming to remove him from FM.
We have no idea what exchanges took place before he got fired.

Some of us are completely fed-up with the BN tension and looking forward to a new band dynamic, whether it lasts or not.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I know... it's crazy that anyone would think a Stevie fan wouldn't like the Buck/Vie album out of some sense of, what, loyalty? It was going to be a FM album, Stevie declined to participate, so it became a 'duets' album (without any duets). I did miss Stevie's presence on it, just like I missed Christine's presence on Say You Will, but I still liked it. In fact, I liked Buck/Vie more than Say You Will.

Some Lindsey superfans want it both ways- Stevie refused to participate, yet at the same time she's jealous they made the album without her. It's a contradiction. Stevie had the choice to participate and she declined. If she were jealous that Christine and Lindsey were working together, she would have joined them. And what was there to be jealous of? Christine gave him 5 songs, Lindsey did his usual production work on them, and that was it. It wasn't like they were in the studio working late hours, curled up together in a blanket writing lyrics together LOL!

Instead of looking for MORE excuses to hate Stevie, why not just focus on the ones we know are true, instead of making up superfluous reasons LOL?
Stevie has always been jealous of the musical partnership Lindsey and Christine share, even since World Turning. This has anything to do with curling up together in a blanket. He has a wife and kids at home. Seriously.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Isn’t he supposed to release an album with his son? So, yeah, he’s using FM to somehow promote his new work
Haha, between DDIO and Something So Strong, I couldn't tell you anything about them/him.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Of course it must be all Stevie's fault, as Lindsey is an innocent angel and couldn't possibly have done anything to contribute to what just occurred

Last edited by MoonSister75; 04-29-2018 at 10:17 AM..
Old 04-29-2018, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was torn between that, and this...
Hmmm, tough choice.