User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Abysmal indeed? Your Queen nipped this in the bud. Enjoy your karaoke cover band. I am bowing out.

Phil is clearly in the wrong forum. BuckVie is the best thing since Mirage! I love it!
Old 03-09-2019, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How strange... It may just be my perception but it almost seemed as though many Stevie detractors have been in the wrong forums, most notably during the last 12 months.
I have had major concerns regarding Stevie's behaviour over the last 10 years and often spoken of them, but it can get a little tedious trotting out the same old lines after a while.
Just sayin'....
Old 03-09-2019, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Abortions and wife beating. Well, if we’re just going to throw a bunch of character assassinating red herrings out for sh*ts and giggles…

Maybe Stevie had four abortions because the fathers were a bunch of a*$holes.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-09-2019, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
How strange... It may just be my perception but it almost seemed as though many Stevie detractors have been in the wrong forums, most notably during the last 12 months.
I have had major concerns regarding Stevie's behaviour over the last 10 years and often spoken of them, but it can get a little tedious trotting out the same old lines after a while.
Just sayin'....
I never go to the $tevie forum, and the PRESENT BAND forum is for the current lineup. Perhaps you should visit those exclusively.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You know that I have never bought their relationship. I hated the shipper era and probably came close to getting suspended from the Ledge during that era. (poor Nicole). she wanted so badly to believe it was real.. all the while hating that nasty Christine for interfering with the delicate balance of an era of 1 album in 16 years.... The girl could post great pics and videos, however.

I do give you credit for knowing Lindsey really missed Christine all along. He was mostly angry that she left. Hence the burning bridges... and then later we learned he was jumping in her limo and hanging out with her during the Dance.

BuckVie was such a treasure in the history... and it all went so wrong after... hmm I wonder why???

By the way they were on stage, you could tell that Christine and Lindsey were very close during The Dance until, I would say, the very last two weeks.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am tired of hearing about Stevie’s alleged abortions in this context. If you want to discuss abortions further, do it in Chit Chat.

I do not think the questionable Vox interview or the cat is out of the bag comments are off limits. They have been discussed ad nauseum in the Stevie forum. But enough of throwing abortions out there as proof of what an awful person she is. Make your points some other way.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I am tired of hearing about Stevie’s alleged abortions in this context. If you want to discuss abortions further, do it in Chit Chat.

I do not think the questionable Vox interview or the cat is out of the bag comments are off limits. They have been discussed ad nauseum in the Stevie forum. But enough of throwing abortions out there as proof of what an awful person she is. Make your points some other way.
I’m also tired of hearing the wife beater comment as a proof of what an awful person Lindsey is and as one of the reason the band got tired of him and fire him, but it doesn’t seem to bother anyone around here but me.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 03-09-2019 at 07:37 AM..
Old 03-09-2019, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I’m also tired of hearing the wife beater comment as a proof is what an awful person Lindsey is and as one of the reason the band got tired of him and fire him, but it doesn’t seem to bother anyone around here but me.
I’m sick and tired of hearing both.
Both sets of fans are guilty.....of stupid name calling,
And raking up the past.

Last edited by sue; 03-09-2019 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Having abortions does not an awful woman make. In fact, if it is true that Stevie had those abortions, she has clearly stated publicly that the reason she felt unable to have children... was because it would jeopardize the career of Fleetwood Mac! How selfish of Stevie to put the continued success of Fleetwood Mac ahead of her own happiness and desire to have a family! She is such a Grinch!

And as for the wife beating allegations, they have never been credibly substantiated, unlike the abortion claims. It would appear from recorded comments made (while she was taking clonazepam/Klonopin) that Stevie did have at least one abortion, although the identity of the father/s is unclear. The allegations against Lindsey are different. They are merely hearsay.

What many Ledgies are unwilling to accept is that Lindsey may bear some responsibility for his own sacking. Yes, Stevie and Mick conspired against him, but he is not a completely innocent party in this. He did things which irritated other band members and he did these things knowing that they would be irritating... things like recording eight songs with Mick and John and assuming that Stevie would be happy and excited to contribute to those eight songs (when her mother had just died). Things like telling Christine "you can't just come and go", when she clearly had no intention of coming and going and was in it for the long haul... imagine how insulting that would feel, when you've bravely reached out an olive branch to your former colleagues and one of them throws it back in your face by implying they think you won't go the distance.

That's just two things he has done. Not to mention writing a tonne of lyrics about what a pain in the arse his former bandmate is. Lines like:
"In my world, everybody stays. Nobody wishes for words they couldn't say." (Everyone except Stevie cares about Fleetwood Mac. Nobody else wishes they could be capable of writing songs, the rest of us are great songwriters, but not you.)
"I won't lay down for free." (You may have given up on Fleetwood Mac, Stevie, but I haven't.)
"Dead on the ground, I am making a sound... I am too proud to drown..." (You've killed Fleetwood Mac, Stevie, but I'm going to single handedly resuscitate it.)
I actually thought those lines were about the deaths of his father and brother. In his world they wouldn't have died and he wouldn't be left with things he wished he had told them while they were still alive.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Abortions and wife beating. Well, if we’re just going to throw a bunch of character assassinating red herrings out for sh*ts and giggles…

Maybe Stevie had four abortions because the fathers were a bunch of a*$holes.
On the topic of Lindsey's violence, I can't help wondering what his kids must think when they hear these things about their father. It must be so awkward. I wonder, have they ever discussed it?

As for the father of Stevie's children, we know Don Henley was the dad at least once and I've heard from multiple sources he's a major jerk and womanizer.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I actually thought those lines were about the deaths of his father and brother. In his world they wouldn't have died and he wouldn't be left with things he wished he had told them while they were still alive.
You may well be correct, however I think the beauty of the lyric is in its potential to be interpreted in a range of ways.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
On the topic of Lindsey's violence, I can't help wondering what his kids must think when they hear these things about their father. It must be so awkward. I wonder, have they ever discussed it?

As for the father of Stevie's children, we know Don Henley was the dad at least once and I've heard from multiple sources he's a major jerk and womanizer.
Many on these boards would not object to an equivalent description of Stevie Nicks - you know I am sure some of the haters would love to brand her as a bitch and a woman guilty of misandry.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Many on these boards would not object to an equivalent description of Stevie Nicks - you know I am sure some of the haters would love to brand her as a bitch and a woman guilty of misandry.
In the same way you’re portraying him as a man responsible of his own sacking because of his..... lyrics and comments????
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
In the same way you’re portraying him as a man responsible of his own sacking because of his..... lyrics and comments????
That's your interpretation of my comments. It isn't true to the spirit of what I was trying to say, but hey, I realise things are not always interpreted the way the speaker intended them to be.

All I was saying is he was actually sacked for substantive issues. No, it was not fair, and I would believe it or not, prefer that he was out currently touring with his band of 43 years with his ticker intact. But was he an innocent angel preyed upon by the evil witch who wrote Rhiannon? NO, he was not.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The ethical question of wife-beating is a binary one. Abortions are also quite binary for me, but not all and I think the political debates it raises have been bandied about long enough here. This is not really the place for that discussion. It has been a fair topic in the Stevie section for many years as a reflection on her song lyrics and life at that time, but used here to win Lindsey points ... that ship has sailed. We can find other things to discuss about her.