The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:55 PM

^^^ it made me laugh, to be honest. HEY... I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF... HEY!!!!

HEY!!!!

HEY!!!!

If you've ever been onstage... it's really hard when tech goes wrong. I've seen much worse.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
She's best friends with every FAMOUS person in the industry! That's why we love her soooo much!

So maybe that story about her family calling Lindsey to help her with her addiction because he was the only one that could reach to her ... it wasn't Lindsey, it was Prince!!!
Yeah, she's friends with everyone even ole' Alec the Holocaust denier.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Even Rusty thinks this is embarrassing.
Sounds like you know Rusty.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Sounds like you know Rusty.
We've bonded over the years.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default May I have your attention...

Please anyone reading this feel free to
call me honey, sugar or even baby.

Promise I won't be offended.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Please anyone reading this feel free to
call me honey, sugar or even baby.

Promise I won't be offended.
girl, I got Chu!
Old 08-17-2017, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
girl...
August 17, 2017 first date iamnotafraid is called girl.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
August 17, 2017 first date iamnotafraid is called girl.
This board is out of control!!! lol
Old 08-18-2017, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think it may have been linked from the classic thread? i don't have it handy but try googling or youtube search with Go Your Own Way Fleetwood Mac and maybe citifield, should be relatively easy to find.

EDIT: here it is. watch from about 1:50 on, and it really picks up after 2:20 or so. he starts gesticulating fast in between parts he has to sing at first.
Thank you for the link. Clearly?, it's the monitor guy he's mad at? lol "More drums", I think. But yeah, that was quite a tantrum.

He seems quite the opposite of when he's doing a BuckVie show. Hmm...
Old 08-18-2017, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Thank you for the link. Clearly?, it's the monitor guy he's mad at? lol "More drums", I think. But yeah, that was quite a tantrum.

He seems quite the opposite of when he's doing a BuckVie show. Hmm...
not sure it was a tantrum... it was trying to get someone's attention while still trying to perform the song at his usual level.

and elle, if you can point me to that video of him tossing the guitar onstage in his solo show and then re-composing himself, I'd love to see it!
Old 08-18-2017, 04:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
since comments like this get the ball rolling and 10 years later this will be recited as a fact, i'm just curious to know what behavior led you to that conclusion? from what i saw and read, he was a professional that he always is.

as far as i know, the only time he was clearly peeved during classic east was when he was trying to get the attention of his tech, jumping up and down, because his monitor was not working during GYOW. but i was not there, so i'm only going from stories and videos, maybe you know something additional?
His comments in the media beforehand, his behavior during GYOW, not looking at Stevie during the song. Not that he's required to look at her but he was clearly peeved and didn't act professional.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
His comments in the media beforehand, his behavior during GYOW, not looking at Stevie during the song. Not that he's required to look at her but he was clearly peeved and didn't act professional.
I also noticed what seemed like Lindsay going out of his way to avoid looking at Stevie during GYOW, but I don't read too much into it. At work, and I know this is a crazy comparison since I'm not a famous musician, I have some great friends but sometimes we have a professional disagreement and go to a meeting and we might give each other the cold shoulder, but then we get over it, and no one else notices it. But then again, no one is recording us and watching us over and over again. If they did, they would likely notice a little tension between us. So even though I felt like Lindsay was po'ed at Stevie based on that performance, there were clearly other things going on there, too.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think he was mostly peeved that whoever was supposed to make sure his monitors were turned up to where he wanted them wasn't paying attention so they could have fixed them the first time he signaled that they weren't right. The more times he has to go to the side and try and get someone's attention, and the longer the problem goes unfixed, the madder he gets. And rightfully so. Like someone said, people get PAID to be on top of that stuff throughout a show. It's one thing if the sound is wonky or too low, and he signals you and you fix it. It's another thing if he's in the middle of his biggest hit at a huge festival and you aren't at your post or aren't paying attention and don't fix it so he has to go through the entire second half of the song with it all effed up. That's just falling asleep at your post.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All I can say is that I hope she stays in bed, so we get more BuckVie. I'm totally taken with this new record. I love every song on it!! It's just getting better and better for me with each listen. So thanks Christine ****ing McVie and Mr. Useless for giving us these new songs and the tour showcasing them!!!
Old 08-18-2017, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I was there. After Landslide he hugged her and I'm almost sure (not that I care) that he kissed her. I have pics if you want to see them.

And yes, he doesn't have to look at her during GYOW just because she's looking at him. She didn't even sing the lyrics for many, many years.

She didn't want to be near him for the bows. I also have the video of that moment, if you want to see it. She opted to stay near Christine. He was looking at her waiting for her, and she chose to stay on the other side.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.