User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i wouldn't know when SN gets standing ovations, i was never at any of hers or FM shows, so you all have to fill me in.
She gets them ALL OF THE TIME. I would not try to measure the number she gets against his.

Michele
Old 12-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
70, 80 - what's the difference. it's somewhere there. playing with the little girls maybe?
It's of absolutely no consequence. I was only playing around with Dee.

Michele
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She gets them ALL OF THE TIME. I would not try to measure the number she gets against his.

Michele
that's very nice, happy for her.

i'm just adding parts he obviously didn't feel the need to say, in case anybody's wondering.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have a problem with them having a SnL only segment, in much the same way I had a problem with them going on Letterman alone and performing Big Love and Landslide alone for the HOF.
They are already doing Landslide. They can do SA, but the rest of the songs should incorporate Mick and John. Lindsey can start a song and then ditch the others for a long guitar solo if he wants, but other than Landslide or SA, he and Stevie don't need to perform without the other two musicians.

If they want to be by themselves, do a BN tour. You know, just get a room. I'm tired of it.

Michele
Well, I understand where you're coming from, but I suppose I envisioned it as an acoustic moment - nothing long, maybe 2 or 3 songs? I suppose if I knew, if it was promised to us, that they would do a BN tour then I could do without them performing a few songs alone during the FM tour. I just highly doubt a BN tour would ever happen.

Quote:
But this is why Elle has a good chance with WATL and I don't think Angel is out of the running and I . . . I don't want to say it but there are some people -- not the gal, but the guys -- whom it wouldn't be hard to convince to wrap her in velvet.

Michele
I want all 3 please!

Quote:
So, now they only spent 70% of the time talking. Where did that lost 10% go? I don't know. It sounds illicit to me.

Michele
hmmm, very suspicious
Old 12-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This is from the Entertainment Weekly link posted above. I don't think Stevie understands the concept of laissez faire. She is going for something more along the lines of blase. As far as house dominance goes, I don't think Will is much of a minority.]

Stevie Nicks talks to EW about 2013 Fleetwood Mac tour, reconnecting with Lindsey Buckingham, and why she's addicted to 'Call Me Maybe'

by Leah Greenblatt, December 3, 2012, Entertainment Weekly
http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/12/03/f...cks-interview/

Some chains are unbreakable, even after nearly four decades: Fleetwood Mac announced today that they will embark on a 34-date tour in 2013, beginning April 4 in Columbus, Ohio, and wrapping June 12 in Detroit; tickets go on sale Dec. 14.

EW spoke to the legendary, always loquacious Stevie Nicks about heading back out on the road with bandmates Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, and John McVie — and what she’s been up to since we last talked to her.

EW: You spent most of 2011 promoting and touring behind your most recent solo album, In Your Dreams. How different is that experience from touring with Fleetwood Mac?

Stevie Nicks: My solo career is more like an intimate gathering, an intimate beautiful party at your home, and Fleetwood Mac is like a big, huge Christmas ball at a big huge ballroom somewhere. Fleetwood Mac is just way bigger and way grander. And I think that’s one of the reasons why it’s always been so good for me to be able to go back and forth. Because what I do is very, very different than what Fleetwood Mac does and vice versa. So when I come out of one and go into the other, it’s very new for me.

And I always try to make sure, I put my foot down, on a three-year time allowance. I think that Fleetwood Mac should not go out any sooner than every three years. Because I think that we need to get out of the spotlight. And it’s the same with me. It’s like, I was out for the last two years, actually promoting a record. And then Fleetwood Mac really wanted to go out at the beginning of 2012 and I said ‘No, I’m not doing it. I will give you 2013. 2013 will then be the year of Fleetwood Mac.”

Three years is a great amount of time to be away. Because Fleetwood Mac is a big-ticket item, and if you just saw us last year, or a year and a half ago, we may not be the one when you choose when the five or six big bands come through your city. And it’s always really good to give people that rest from you. To let them get away from you and you from them. So when that tour starts up, everybody’s super excited. And you’re not gonna be near as super excited if you just saw us at the beginning of last year. I think that it’s really worth it to do that. I will always feel that way, so I have to take a little bit of flak for it.

After all these years and tumultuous relationships within the band, have you figured out how to get along with each other while you’re touring?

Well, in Fleetwood Mac there’s always gonna be drama [laughs]. You’re never gonna get away from that. And I think if we ever got away from that everybody would be very bored. The audiences would certainly be bored. So it’s never gonna happen. But what we have done is, I spent almost a week up at Lindsey [Buckingham]’s house two or three weeks ago. We were working on some music. But we spent probably 70% of the time just talking. And talking about all our old stories. And telling my assistant all the old stories, going all the way back to 1966, when I first met Lindsey. And she’s there, her eyes as big as saucers listening to all this.

It’s really good therapy for Lindsey and I too, you know, and we have stories for hundreds of years that we can tell you. It was great for us. It really reminds Lindsey and I of how far we’ve come and how hard we worked. And how lucky we are to be where we are today. And that Lindsey and I are always gonna be that dramatic couple on stage. Because we just are. It’s who we are.

We’re never gonna be, there’s that French word, laissez faire, we’re never gonna be that. We’re always gonna be tumultuous and we’re always gonna be crazy, and because there’s a part of Lindsey’s and my relationship that is so ultra-special from back in the day, that you can never, no matter how old we get, it’s never gonna go away. He’s married now, he has three beautiful children, and a really lovely wife. He lives in girl world! Between his wife and his two daughters, he and his son are like, they’re a minority. It’s like, these are beautiful little girls and they have little beautiful girlfriends that are all over at the house all the time. So he lives in a world full of women.

They probably don’t know him as a rock star, he’s just Dad.

Absolutely! They don’t know anything about all that. They are from a new generation. So they have softened him.

Do you find that with things like Rumors charting again after those songs were featured in a Glee episode last year, that much younger people are coming to the shows?

Absolutely. When you look out over our audience, you’d be very, very surprised to see how many younger people there are there. And I think that’s not just Glee. It’s mainly because their parents played Fleetwood Mac. And played Stevie Nicks. And those kids heard the music. And they caught onto it a long time ago. And so little kids that were listening to it that are now 25, they’re there.

And at first, when we first went back out in 1998, after not touring for almost 10 years, we thought, “Well really, the only people that are gonna come see us are gonna be people that are our age.” And that was really kinda true, for like the first half. And then, all of a sudden, there’s like tons of really young people, and I can remember Lindsey saying, “Oh my God, I thought that only people our age would come. And I said to him, “Lindsey, build a field and they will come. They are here. So lucky you, you’re not playing to an audience of totally older people. Half of this audience is not even 20!”

I know that you keep up with current pop music — you did the intro for that Katy Perry video last year, and dueted with Taylor Swift at the 2010 Grammys. What have you been listening to lately?

Honestly, I listen to so many people that I couldn’t even… My mind goes blank. I’m walking around singing “Call Me Maybe” all the time. And I can’t help it. It’s like a curse. And I love it. I totally love it. And I kinda like it when I’m singing it by myself and I love it when she’s singing it. I have it on my iPod. And it’s gonna go on my future treadmill tape that I’m getting ready to make.

I listen to Rihanna, I listen to Mary J. Blige — I kinda go toward R&B, and always have, strangely enough. And all my music tastes are about music I play before I get ready to go on stage for three hours, and music that I play when I’m walking on the treadmill and that I want to dance to. I love ballads, and I love the slow wonderful love songs, but they’re not the stuff I listen to that much, because I need energy, I don’t need to curl up in a ball and cry.

So I go more for the soul music, modern and un-modern, all the way back to the ‘50s. Because that’s when I first started singing. I started singing to Top 40 music when I was in the 4th grade, and that was all R&B. That was black girl groups, and the Ronettes, and the Righteous Brothers. That’s kinda where my heart went, strangely enough, since I had a grandfather who sang country music for real, as a job. And everybody in my family would go, “Who are you? Really, why do you like this R&B music when you have a total country background.” And I’m going, “I don’t know. But I do. And I wish you guys would all be quiet because I’m singing.” [Laughs]

What about this tour will be different than your last one?

You know, we always do probably 20-21 songs, and so there’s always those 10 songs that we have to do. Which are the hits. The audience came and bought their ticket to see those songs. But then we have the other 10-11 songs to play with. So what we do is we know the songs we have to do, so we put them all in one column. And then we put all the songs from all the different records, from you know, Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, Tusk, Mirage, Tango in the Night, Behind the Mask, all those, and then we start choosing, well what song have you always wanted to do, John? And Mick? Is there a song you have a soft spot for? So then we start making a list of slightly more unfamiliar Fleetwood Mac songs.

And then, once we’ve made that list, we start sitting around with acoustic instruments and we start playing them. And you never know what’s gonna stick. Because something you might have tried in 2009 or 2003 that didn’t work, and everybody said “No, that’s not gonna go.” And all of a sudden, when we go into rehearsal in February, might totally work. And I think that’s because, it’s just the time. There might be something going on in the world that might really speak to a song on Tusk that we’ve never done on stage before. And so that’s always a really super exciting part. Because we know what 10 songs are gonna be, but we don’t know what the other 12 are gonna be.

Do you feel stuff out on the road at all?

Not so much. If there’s a song where the first night we play we’re like, that didn’t work, we drop it immediately. It doesn’t even get another chance. Because it’s worked out and played beautifully the first night. So when we go up through our first show, we are, and I always say, as Michael Jackson said, in that last film of his rehearsals, when they ask if he’s ever nervous, and he said, ‘No, because if you know what you’re doing there’s no reason to be nervous.” And that’s really true.

So when we walk on that stage on that first night, we have played that show twice a day for six weeks. And we know it. And we are playing all those songs really beautifully. And we know all our parts. It just depends on, you can kind of feel what ticks the boxes of the audience and what doesn’t. There’s a song that we kinda feel was a little bit of a lull – it’s gone. It’s just gone. And then we have, we always have that extra five songs, that we know, and we know people love, and we can always pull a song back. So it’s very exciting.

I mean, because it is big, and because it is grand, it’s almost like it’s more dressy. It’s not casual. There’s nothing casual about it. It’s not casual Friday. It’s fancy Saturday. So you put on your black velvet and your high black velvet heels and you do your hair and you put on a lot of beautiful makeup and that’s Fleetwood Mac. Everybody knows they’re going to a big, dressy party.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
Well, I understand where you're coming from, but I suppose I envisioned it as an acoustic moment - nothing long, maybe 2 or 3 songs? I suppose if I knew, if it was promised to us, that they would do a BN tour then I could do without them performing a few songs alone during the FM tour. I just highly doubt a BN tour would ever happen.
I'm happy with BN songs, but they can do them with the band.

Michele
Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm happy with BN songs, but they can do them with the band.

Michele
Love the compromise! Yes. However, I would love another acoustic number besides Landslide - which is why I got so excited
Old 12-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Love the compromise! Yes. However, I would love another acoustic number besides Landslide - which is why I got so excited
you will have it. Big Love. maybe even NGBA

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am now going to refer to Saturdays as "fancy Saturdays" lol love it!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you will have it. Big Love. maybe even NGBA
Aw I know, but I want some BN I'm difficult to please
Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They should do Frozen Love, since it's what got them in the band.

Michele
Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I agree. I hope so!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Interview Los Angeles Times (Pt 1)

[Lindsey really tried hard to be her? Heaven help me]

By Randall Roberts

Los Angeles Times Pop Music Critic, December 3, 2012, 6:10 p.m.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,2403771.story

As long rumored, Fleetwood Mac will hit the road in 2013 with a 34-date American tour that will see the band visit all the major U.S. markets, along with a stop at the Hollywood Bowl on May 25. The dates, which the band announced Monday, will feature co-founders Mick Fleetwood and John McVie along with longtime vocalist Stevie Nicks and singer-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham. Fleetwood Mac is touring for the first time since 2009. (Christine McVie no longer tours with the band.)

In addition, according to Nicks, Fleetwood Mac has been working on new songs and is hoping to release at least two of them in anticipation of the tour. Nicks and Buckingham spent four days in the latter’s home studio in November, an interaction that hasn’t happened in a decade but whose history stretches over 45 years.

“This band never breaks up,” Nicks said on the phone from her home in Santa Monica. After the ’09 tour concluded, she added, “everybody said, ‘Goodbye, talk to you soon, and this will start happening again when everybody’s done with what we do when a Fleetwood Mac tour ends. We’ll go out and do something else and then we’ll come back and do Fleetwood Mac.' "

Nicks said that the rest of the band wanted to tour last year, but that she’d been so happy with her most recent solo album, “In Your Dreams,” that she wanted to dedicate more time to supporting it. “I sat everybody down and said, ‘Listen, please understand. I’m never going to break this band up. Never. I’m never going to leave you. I’m just going to go away for under a year’ to focus on the record.

“It’s been a little longer than that,” she conceded, but that as the self-described party planner of the Mac tour, she didn’t want to shove Fleetwood Mac down peoples’ throats so soon after ’09. Her commitment, she stressed, is unwavering: “My first loyalty has always been to Fleetwood Mac. And it will always be.”

On the phone, Nicks was chatty, offering unfiltered thoughts on planning the set design, the set list, and the ways in which she prepares to get back into Mac. But she sounded relieved and most enthusiastic about reconnecting with her longtime creative -- and, for a time in the '60s and '70s, romantic -- partner Buckingham to work on new material.

That process started when bassist McVie, drummer Fleetwood and Buckingham got together in early 2012 to work on new material. Nicks was unavailable due to the death of her mother. But a couple weeks ago, said Nicks, “I went up to Lindsey’s house, he played me all of the songs, and we chose two. He said, ‘I really tried hard to be you, to really see through your eyes when we were doing these songs, and make these songs that you would really like, and that you would really relate to.’ ”

Whether the new material ends up in the set is to be determined.

Of course, the 2013 tour will mostly focus on the dozens of classics that the band has created over the years, the volume of which dictates that any set list be partially written even before the conversations begin. The rest, says Nicks, they'll work out in rehearsal.

Fleetwood Mac’s 2013 tour begins April 4 in Columbus, Ohio, hits New York City on April 8 for Madison Square Garden and moves westward from there. The full tour schedule is below. Pop & Hiss will have more of Nicks' conversation on Tuesday.

April 4, 2013, Columbus, Ohio, Nationwide Arena

April 6, 2013, Philadelphia, Wells Fargo Center

April 8, 2013, New York, Madison Square Garden

April 9, 2013, Washington, D.C., Verizon Center

April 11, 2013, Louisville, Ky., KFC Yum! Center

April 13, 2013, Chicago, United Center

April 16, 2013, Toronto, the Air Canada Centre

April 18, 2013, Boston, TD Garden

April 20, 2013, Uncasville, Conn., Mohegan Sun Arena

April 23, 2013, Ottawa, Canada, Scotiabank Place
Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If they want to be by themselves, do a BN tour. You know, just get a room. I'm tired of it.

Michele
that was awesome.

Quote:
i don't believe it for a minute. they will not do WATL.
Debbie Downer, Elle? You?? Come on - there's at least a glimmer of hope!

Quote:
Awww. I guess Stevie would lose her voice if she named every song of hers that got a standing ovation.

Michele
And she would love every.minute.of.it.

Quote:
So, now they only spent 70% of the time talking. Where did that lost 10% go? I don't know. It sounds illicit to me.

Michele
Hehehe. She may have been instructing Kristen on sequencing or telling her she needed to get the pears off the ground. I mean someone in platforms could trip and sue, girlfriend.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:

Michele
Quote:
I agree. I hope so!
just 2 of them with the backing track?!