Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2020, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, scripted. How much of a psycho do you have to be, to repeat word for word the same “banter” that you exchanged on a very popular DVD and concert broadcast? Isn’t that weird?
That is pretty weeyuhd!

To Lindsey's credit, he didn't repeat the MLD intro word for word every time. There were a few shows where he shortened it and left out the preamble about "this whole reconvening of this [sic - you wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan!] five people." He also threw Sardonic World in there a few times, a holdover from his solo shows. He tried to make their Hamburger Helper different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Or turning the sweet moment of the show into a concert t-shirt.

It’s been a Broadway show since The Dance, SWY being the exception.
Stevie always said that if she had been born 15 years earlier, she would've been a Broadway star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I've always felt like Fleetwood Mac never had a clue about their die-hard following, especially since 1997. They acknowledged that their crowds became highly diversified in age, but I don't think they ever realized how many younger, major fans were up front for multiple shows and multiple tours between 2003-2015. They've always pandered to the casual fanbase that came to see the hits.

I think Lindsey's eyes have been opened upon seeing so many fans following his solo tours and being very enthusiastic about his album catalog, not necessarily "the hits". He's been more accessible in general over the past 10+ years. I think he realizes that although his solo material is not exactly mainstream, he has a very dedicated base.
They threw the diehards a few bones when they put lesser-known songs like Farmer's Daughter, Storms, I Know I'm Not Wrong, and Without You back into their setlists. But that's one or two songs every couple of years. Then again, there are some songs they just can't do anymore because of Stevie's voice, so I'd rather they not subject audiences to her droning on Blue Letter.

Lindsey is prob the hippest member of the band. He doesn't use social media, but he isn't locked in his own little world like Stevie.