User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
It's the other side that's made no such statements and doesn't appear to know or care how their remarks about him come across. And we have no idea how they're interpreting this high school performance.
exactly. they have social media. Mick is posting pics holding his balls every 2 seconds on there. Stevie's social media is full of her self-promoting selfies.

so if one is looking for a sign there it is: anyone from FM could have easily posted a short blurb saying how happy they are seeing Lindsey's progress toward health, and wishing him well. nobody did.

i'm actually annoyed that this amazing family event is being made about that horrible band instead. not everything is about them. moving past them and their hate into the love of his family and friends is exactly for LB needs to heal.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2019, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I was surprised, happily, that there were so many articles written about this performance.

I wish they would mention his "shelved" album so as to raise awareness of and interest in it.

There is no telling what kind of release it will receive, so this type of awareness could stand in for extended touring.

In the meantime, while his getting healthy, I can't help but think that the events of the last two years would probably be inspiring a LOT of feelings for songs that just could not be reflected in the shelved album.

I believe we will be hearing more music, beyond the shelved album, from him, one way or another.
yes, and new and slightly different content and slant articles keep coming today - like the one in Jambase, this one in Guitar world -

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/wat...-heart-surgery

Watch Lindsey Buckingham Perform for the First Time Since Open-Heart Surgery
By Richard Bienstock 3 hours ago News

The former Fleetwood Mac man played “Landslide” at his daughter’s high school graduation ceremony.

(Image: © Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for NARAS)

Lindsey Buckingham underwent open-heart surgery earlier this year, and now the former Fleetwood Mac singer and guitarist has made his first public appearance since the operation. This past weekend, Buckingham performed at his daughter Leelee’s high school graduation, picking an acoustic rendition of “Landslide,” from Fleetwood Mac’s 1975 self-titled album, as students sang the lyrics behind him.

Lindsey’s wife, Kristen Buckingham, posted a snippet of the performance to Instagram, which you can check out below.

She also tweeted: “Last night was epic. First time I’ve seen Lindsey play in the last 4 mos, all the while Leelee ending her high school career. AND she sings a little ‘Landslide’ with her dad. I cried, I’ll admit it. Never know what’s ahead so enjoy the moment.”

Earlier last year Buckingham was fired by Fleetwood Mac following a disagreement over the band's current tour. In October, the singer and guitarist filed suit against the band for his dismissal.

According to documents filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Buckingham sued his former band mates for "breach of fiduciary duty, breach of oral contract and intentional interference with prospective economic advantage."

In a statement to Rolling Stone about the lawsuit, Buckingham said: “Last January, Fleetwood Mac made the decision to continue to tour without me.

“I remain deeply surprised and saddened, as this decision ends the beautiful 43-year legacy we built together. Over the last eight months, our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive. I’m looking forward to closure, and will always remain proud of all that we created, and what that legacy represents.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2019, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
exactly. they have social media. Mick is posting pics holding his balls every 2 seconds on there. Stevie's social media is full of her self-promoting selfies.

so if one is looking for a sign there it is: anyone from FM could have easily posted a short blurb saying how happy they are seeing Lindsey's progress toward health, and wishing him well. nobody did.

i'm actually annoyed that this amazing family event is being made about that horrible band instead. not everything is about them. moving past them and their hate into the love of his family and friends is exactly for LB needs to heal.
I actually think that’s all this was.....a family event.
A wonderful event for a family that has been through so much.
The choice of song is “interesting” but not a surprising choice.
Stevie wrote it and he made it what it is. So why shouldn’t he play it.
I’m not so sure with the reaching out...seems more like the choir chose the song and he said yeah why not.

I’m just so pleased he looks well again.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is really the crux of it. I don't want to pile on jellyman10's theory -- Lord knows I've concocted a few in my day to try to explain the actions of these people... But the main problem with it is that Lindsey from Day 1 has always been open to reconciliation. From the texts to Mick that became public in the lawsuit to the CBS interview with Anthony Mason, he's always stated he has an openness to forgive them and move beyond this. Much to the chagrin of many here, and potentially even (at times) his wife.

It's the other side that's made no such statements and doesn't appear to know or care how their remarks about him come across. And we have no idea how they're interpreting this high school performance.
YES, thank you! It would be really nice if people stop reading between the lines. Stevie had the chance to reach out in Alabama when she chose to dedicate Landslide to the audience and barely mentioned Lindsey. They don't want any type of reconciliation because they don't see anything wrong in what they did to him. While Lindsey has been open to a reconciliation for whatever he may have done since day one.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

They don't care about Lindsey's health at all. All they care about is their precious tour and how happy they're now that Lindsey's out of the picture. They're disgusting people.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
in the words of Kristen Buckingham:

Last night was epic. First time I’ve seen Lindsey play in the last 4 mos, all the while Leelee ending her high school career. AND she sings a little Landslide with her dad. I cried, I’ll admit it. Never know what’s ahead so enjoy the moment...

definitely means something.
Yeah, not that.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. LB has made it very clear that the "band" and it's history is worth salvaging, and I feel confident he'd come back at least for a final send off if asked to.

2. I don't think anything is in the works.

3. It's been refreshing to see LB rise above the drama and take the high road.
3a. It's been great to see KB fight back and call out the other four for the people they truly are.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

They know how their remarks come across. That’s their intention.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
1. LB has made it very clear that the "band" and it's history is worth salvaging, and I feel confident he'd come back at least for a final send off if asked to.

2. I don't think anything is in the works.

3. It's been refreshing to see LB rise above the drama and take the high road.
3a. It's been great to see KB fight back and call out the other four for the people they truly are.
And I like it that if they thought he was demoralized, he isn’t. I like his ego. I want it to be healthiest of all.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

okay just my tuppence, but if there is a 'message' being sent in this video, which is completely possible,(beyond showing that he has a loving family and rich personal life- which some think is a message to SN, who knows )to me so far the main message really seems to be that LB is not an invalid stuck in a hospital bed somewhere wasting away. He's with it, he's lucid, he's capable, he's living his life almost the same as before, etc. It's about showing that he's still alive, vital, and productive. He was down but certainly not out, and is working to continue his career as a creative who still has new things to offer.

I think if it was a PR move it was not about the band, rather about HIM and how well he's doing. If he wants to tour again or put out records again, there's things like insurance (this was how Jagger's heart issue was found, through a required insurance physical) but there's also people's perceptions-- fans but also industry folks. This sends a clear signal that he can still get up in front of people and play beautifully. (IE, he could still make money).

With regard to him wearing his usual v-neck teeshirts again, and being all tanned, etc, I gotta say it struck me that his chest hair appears to still be gone. This note has been brought to you by the 17-year-old LB fan who still lurks somewhere deep in my brain.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-21-2019 at 03:33 PM..
Old 05-21-2019, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

^Indeed.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

With regard to him wearing his usual v-neck teeshirts again, and being all tanned, etc, I gotta say it struck me that his chest hair appears to still be gone.
Good riddance. Be a swimming Buckingham and shave everywhere.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's pretty unrealistic that Lindsey/Kristen had any time, or inclination to work PR magic through his daughter's choir director and choral group.

I think the kids or choir director picked the song, and someone came up with an idea about asking Lindsey to play guitar for it. Could've been months ago that they asked him.

It's a family moment, with Kristen being kind enough to share with everyone, probably because everyone has been speculating about not hearing any news. It just isn't Lindsey, or Kristen's MO to use the kids as a prop to plan a statement.

So, thank goodness he looked so good, healthy and tanned and smiling. He looked happy. And now to get this voice thing sorted out, but whichever way that goes, he's alive, enjoying and loving his family time.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At her age, you don't have to use LeeLee as a prop for anything. She's fully capable of thinking for herself. She can even think for her dad, to some extent.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't think it was a PR move, but the tweet / instagram post may have been designed to counter the recent posts on social media that Lindsey was in pretty bad shape. I love Gary Hodges, but that was not very discreet of him, even if it did give us what we wanted.

As others have said, Lindsey has always been open to reconciliation, so if you want to see that in "Landslide," it would be nothing more than a reinforcement of what has already been put out there time and time again. I want reconciliation so badly for them, just to give them emotional peace (it's not about what they "deserve" - that's bitterness and resentment talking, and it does no one good).

I do worry that the lawsuit and Kristen's tweets (tweets which we must assume also speak for him to a degree) have turned Lindsey into a Don Felder in their eyes. Felder was always telling interviewers how he "forgave" the Eagles and "reached out" to them all the time, but he just didn't understand why they never got back to him. He'd sued them and written a tell-all book which was full of digs at them, but he'd still sadly sigh "I just don't understand why we can't all be friends again" in every interview right until Glenn died, and it become kind of a joke in the Eagles fandom. Then Glenn died, and Don Henley just doubled down when Felder was like, "Hey, maybe now...". That was very different, though. Felder got himself kicked out of the Eagles by demanding more money. Lindsey was not at fault.

I guess it could be a change in tone in the sense that there would be no more (deserved) negativity from Kristen on social media, but she's been rather silent anyway.

Again, though, the only real change will come if the other side understand the fragility of life, recognizes their part in this, and realizes THEY need to reach out.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-21-2019 at 02:57 PM..