The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Could someone please make audio files of these? I downloaded stars but I can't seem to live without "End Of Time"
Old 04-25-2011, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird28 View Post
Could someone please make audio files of these? I downloaded stars but I can't seem to live without "End Of Time"
They're all here:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...&postcount=140
Old 04-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I need to stop listening to these. They are crazy catchy--and I want to still feel a rush of the new when the CD comes out.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I need to stop listening to these. They are crazy catchy--and I want to still feel a rush of the new when the CD comes out.
I'm the same. I'm thinking that after a couple more days I'm going to stop listening to them until the album or DVD comes out.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I really hope Lindsey doesn't mind these being posted on YouTube. I'm very surprised more videos aren't showing up. I have Seeds We Sow but might not be able to upload it until Wednesday when I'm back on the road again. Lindsey, if you're reading this please let us know how you feel about YouTube
Old 04-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
I really hope Lindsey doesn't mind these being posted on YouTube. I'm very surprised more videos aren't showing up. I have Seeds We Sow but might not be able to upload it until Wednesday when I'm back on the road again. Lindsey, if you're reading this please let us know how you feel about YouTube
Laura Buckingham (if that's really LB's niece) tweeted lindsfan's version of In Our Own Time to some MTV producer last night...
Old 04-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think he wants them out or they would have banned cameras. They came down hard on cameras during the UTS tour (indeed I lost my camera in Santa Barbara due to a security guard hassling me during the last song of the night) and they would have done it here and they would have made an announcement about it before the show too. I have to think he wanted this exposure.

Michele
Old 04-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I K R. I can hardly wait to hear the whisper vocal studio versions.
Oh my goodness. I had like 10 copies of UTS, because I got some free when I bought a concert ticket. And I was trying to give them away and my former boss said he couldn't stand Lindsey's voice. He was a guitarist, but he said he couldn't appreciate the music because of the voice.

It hurt my feelings. Lindsey, I cannot convert people when you sing like that.

Michele
Old 04-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think he wants them out or they would have banned cameras. They came down hard on cameras during the UTS tour (indeed I lost my camera in Santa Barbara due to a security guard hassling me during the last song of the night) and they would have done it here and they would have made an announcement about it before the show too. I have to think he wanted this exposure.

Michele
I know that it's pretty much excepted these days. As far as photos I know Lindsey doesn't care. Having unreleased songs on YouTube is somewhat different, however. With that being said I'm getting lots of hits on YouTube and all positive feedback. I think LB should sent me a check for the buzz being created. J/k.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default review

From AudiogoN
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...usi&1303540173

Lindsey Buckingham debuts new CD

Tonight, I saw Lindsey Buckingham perform at a small theater in Beverly Hills. It was a great show with the requisite sampling of Fleetweood Mac hits, some solo hits, some quirky solo stuff, and the inimitable, superhuman picking on electric and (especially) acoustic guitar.

He also did 6 or 7 new songs from his scheduled September release "Seeds We Sow". At first listen, this appears to be very, very stong material, and on the more accessible end of LB's spectrum, too. For fans, this is a CD to keep an eye out for. Also, the show was recorded for a DVD - so heads up on that, too.

Marty

Caveat: I'm a huge, kool-ade drinking LB fan, so I'm just about always on board with his stuff. That said, this one feels like it might have broader appeal than most of his solo records typically display.
Martykl

04-23-11
Old 04-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know that it's pretty much excepted these days. As far as photos I know Lindsey doesn't care. Having unreleased songs on YouTube is somewhat different, however. With that being said I'm getting lots of hits on YouTube and all positive feedback. I think LB should sent me a check for the buzz being created. J/k.
To me, LB does care about photos. They were pretty strict for the UTS tour. It seems that it was easier to take photos at FM shows than at UTS shows and that bothered me. It caused me to wonder why he thought anyone wanted his picture!

Things were more lax for GOS.

At any rate, they know how to crack down to make it tougher (though it's never impossible) to use your camera when they want to. They didn't seem to want to Friday night.

I agree with you that you ought to get a check for the promotional work you've been doing.

Michele
Old 04-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Buckingham Unveils New Material at L.A. Show

Lindsey Buckingham Unveils New Material at L.A. Show

http://www.billboard.com/events/lind...05152802.story

by Phil Gallo, L.A. | April 25, 2011 2:30 EDT

Lindsey Buckingham unveiled the songs that will be on his September studio release, "Seeds We Sow," in an intimate concert Friday night (Apr. 22) that was filmed for broadcast and a DVD. Telling the audience at the 1,500-seat Saban Theater in Los Angeles, "I may have made my best work yet," Buckingham offered six songs from "Seeds We Sow" in a 19-song set that began with "Shut Us Down" and ended with the title track of the new album.

Throughout the evening, the Fleetwood Mac guitarist, singer and songwriter alternated between acoustic and electric guitar, playing solo and with his three-member band. There was never a moment, however, when his skills as a lead and rhythm guitarist were not the defining feature of a song, whether it was the still-hypnotic "Trouble," a grungy rendition of "Tusk" or a new tune with echoes of R.E.M. and the Psychedelic Furs.

"You must look for what is essential, what is the center, and that center is the guitar," he told the audience. "That child still lives within me."

Fleetwood Mac classics "I'm So Afraid," "Go Your Own Way" and "Second Hand News" made it into the set, alongside solo gems such as "Turn It On" and "Go Insane." In talking about his life as a father and husband, the 61-year-old Buckingham also drew a distinction between his hitmaking run in the 1970s and 80s and his self-financed new work.

"I live and work in two worlds," Buckingham explained. "On one hand, the big machine is Fleetwood Mac and other entities... and on the other hand, there's a small machine, the solo work." He went on to draw a comparison between studio movies and independent films, relating it to his world. "It is the small movies that feed the heart and allow us to take risks."

"Seeds We Sow" is Buckingham's third studio album in five years, a steady pace for a man who went nearly 14 years between solo releases. Formerly with Warner Music Group, Buckingham has not decided on how the new disc will be distributed.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I agree with you that you ought to get a check for the promotional work you've been doing.
he should at least cover her travel & lodging
Old 04-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been out of town for Easter the past couple of days, so I missed all the fun on his thread!

Thank you so much Pattie for getting all the video, and CADreaming for making them mp3's! Great review as always, Michele.

I'm so excited to see/listen to all the new stuff!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just listened to these songs after getting back from Seattle. ABsolutely amazing! I want to go to every single show on his tour now!