The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The implication that Stevie's 'afraid' to do interviews is silly. No interviewer is going to press the issue about Lindsey's firing, for one thing. If/when asked about it, she would give an answer and move on to the next question. She HAS given interviews for the upcoming tour... anyone remember her appearance with the band on CBS? And she performed live with FM on Ellen. Not an interview, but clearly she's not avoiding the media. I'm sure there will be some more interviews before the tour starts. Besides, why do some of you care? You won't believe what she, or the rest of the band, says anyway.

I am looking forward to interviews with both FM and Lindsey Buckingham as their tours start up.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The implication that Stevie's 'afraid' to do interviews is silly. No interviewer is going to press the issue about Lindsey's firing, for one thing. If/when asked about it, she would give an answer and move on to the next question. She HAS given interviews for the upcoming tour... anyone remember her appearance with the band on CBS? And she performed live with FM on Ellen. Not an interview, but clearly she's not avoiding the media. I'm sure there will be some more interviews before the tour starts. Besides, why do some of you care? You won't believe what she, or the rest of the band, says anyway.

I am looking forward to interviews with both FM and Lindsey Buckingham as their tours start up.
As many have already said here, it’s probably less her fear and more the fear of her and the band’s PR and legal teams. Likely, she’s been told to keep quiet. The two exceptions you mention aren’t really exceptions at all. They were carefully-orchestrated press moments that are attempting to minimize damage to the fan base.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
She mentioned Lindsey’s name at least four times in her recent Paris Jackson interview. That makes me think she won’t shy away from talking about him during story time on the upcoming tour.
None of those mentions in the interview you’re referring to address the current situation. They simply reaffirm old narratives about their pre-FM partnership and their entrance into the band 40 plus years ago.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
None of those mentions in the interview you’re referring to address the current situation. They simply reaffirm old narratives about their pre-FM partnership and their entrance into the band 40 plus years ago.
Can you imagine if $he just broke out into a drug flashback and just started spilling the beans about how $he's not the bo$$ but $he wanted to be happy, so $he got him canned.

I would die!
Old 09-20-2018, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Can you imagine if $he just broke out into a drug flashback and just started spilling the beans about how $he's not the bo$$ but $he wanted to be happy, so $he got him canned.

I would die!
But $he'$ never been one to tell the truth, and I believe, actually believe$ her own delu$ional tale$ $he $pin$.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Right. Hardly anyone in the press seems interested in the dynamic between Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham.

I do agree she's not afraid to do interviews, though. I just don't think they've started press for this tour yet. The CBS/Rolling Stone interviews were largely designed to address the Lindsey situation and the "new band." Though they coincided with the tour announcement, that issue took a backseat in those conversations.

Your point about Ellen is kind of a bizarre non sequitur. As you said, it wasn't an interview. We're talking about interviews.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, I think interviewers are curious about the firing, too. They're just not going to press the issue. It's not like investigative reporters are tackling this subject. A rock band fired a member, we're not talking about Watergate or the water crisis in Flint, you know what I mean? So for that reason, Stevie probably isn't too worried about media interviews, because they're all going to be fluff pieces about the upcoming tour. If Lindsey does press for his tour, it will be the same thing. He may be asked about his firing, but they're not going to demand a detailed answer from him.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, I think interviewers are curious about the firing, too. They're just not going to press the issue. It's not like investigative reporters are tackling this subject. A rock band fired a member, we're not talking about Watergate or the water crisis in Flint, you know what I mean? So for that reason, Stevie probably isn't too worried about media interviews, because they're all going to be fluff pieces about the upcoming tour. If Lindsey does press for his tour, it will be the same thing. He may be asked about his firing, but they're not going to demand a detailed answer from him.
Sure, it's not Watergate, but then again, these aren't political reporters. They're Arts & Entertainment folks from local papers, or people who cover the music industry for a living. She's going to get asked about Lindsey in probably 95% of the interviews. I think the point that people are making here is that they doubt whether Stevie is a disciplined enough communicator to stay on message in each and every one of those. I don't think that's an unfounded concern.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Lindsey does press for his tour, it will be the same thing. He may be asked about his firing, but they're not going to demand a detailed answer from him.
Supposedly Lindsey is promising to spill the tea in radio interview that will air on Oct 8. That’s the interview teaser but frankly I think we will just get bunch of karmic and circular mambo jumbo and big words with no real new info. At least that’s how it sounds from the preview. We’ll see!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-20-2018, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

I would die!
It’s not too late! Could happen.....
Old 09-20-2018, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The band will probably just blacklist certain topics they don't want to talk about and I'm sure the dirty details about the Lindsey situation will be one of them.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Supposedly Lindsey is promising to spill the tea in radio interview that will air on Oct 8. That’s the interview teaser but frankly I think we will just get bunch of karmic and circular mambo jumbo and big words with no real new info. At least that’s how it sounds from the preview. We’ll see!
While I would like an honest breakdown of what exactly happened, I expect he'll, just as you say, dance around the subject a lot and not state that this was Stevie's doing foremost but something along the lines 'we could not as a band agree how to progress together on this tour, personal dynamics came too much into play'
I do think he will go as far to break down the lies however, specifically of him wanting to delay the tour. He'll shutdown the lies from the CBS interview and the bands original reason for his departure.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
This whole separation was very unorganic and extremely uncircular. I felt a very unprofound squarelike processed convening when $tevie and I were in the same room.

But that's the sad part.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Stevie isn't afraid to do the interview. Any management company that is remotely connected to any inkling of what is left of this band in any current, former or future state is afraid for what will happen if she opens her unscripted mouth on a legit network. That's why we haven't heard from her apart from the CBS disaster. Random "Landslide" dedications aside, no one with 2 brain cells to rub together is going to let her loose on the airwaves
Old 09-21-2018, 05:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Stevie isn't afraid to do the interview. Any management company that is remotely connected to any inkling of what is left of this band in any current, former or future state is afraid for what will happen if she opens her unscripted mouth on a legit network. That's why we haven't heard from her apart from the CBS disaster. Random "Landslide" dedications aside, no one with 2 brain cells to rub together is going to let her loose on the airwaves
Could be. I remember an interview with Lindsey for the Buck/Vie album where the interviewer pressed him about why they didn't just release the album as Fleetwood Mac, and Lindsey's agent stepped in and ended that line of questioning. The interview was posted on this board. I would think someone would step in for Stevie, too, if needed.