Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Stunned they sang Second Hand News.

Thrilled they didn't sing Stop Dragging My Heart Around.

Thankful they sang Little Lies.

Relieved from the reviews I read on line that they did great. I can't take any negative reviews I read on this board seriously, because there's no objectivity, with the exception of a few posters.
You're a lot of things today! Stunned, Thrilled, Thankful & Relieved!
Old 09-22-2018, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Sorry to disappoint all the haters but the new lineup sounded great last night.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I looked but I couldn't find emojis for stunned, thrilled, thankful, or relieved
Old 09-22-2018, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Glad you liked it! What did you think of Neil"s performance with in FM as opposed to when he's solo or with Crowded House or Split Enz? Did you feel like he blended in ok?
Old 09-22-2018, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree except when it comes to SHN. That, to me, was awfully awkward and I dont think it fit Neil at all.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love all the people who hate Lindsey (not the people who are not his biggest fans, but the real haters) who are always banging on about how it's fine, it's great, those are band songs so they should do them blah blah blah.

But I guarantee you (and here's where they'll all jump on and say this isn't so) if LB had orchestrated her ouster, and the brought on some chick to stand there and mimic her doing GDW and everything else-- all her little vocal quirks, "you can't save me now" and all that jazz...they'd be barking like mad dogs. Again, they'll deny it, but if their girl was replaced and they put some chick in black dresses and a top hat to stand there and imitate Stevie they'd be p*ssed. *I* would be p*ssed, as I would be if they got another keyboardist who tried to be Chris. Someone standing in and not just playing but trying to emulate the interactions onstage of the ousted member with the other band members-- beyond cheesy.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All? Great? LOL
They sounded good but Neil sounded horrible and has no chemistry with the ladies. He's got to go!
Old 09-22-2018, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought so too, and they'll be just fine on the tour. When this happened in 1987-88, people were saying the same things, had the same arguments. But people went, had a great time, and heard songs the band hadn't played in years. I'd imagine it will be the same with the latest incarnation. The band seems happy on stage, and they deserve to be. The haters can look forward to The Dance 2.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yes they did! Amen.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lol, I knew they would end up doing Second Hand News. I mean it was terrible, but I just knew for some reason.
It just seems like such an odd choice. I wonder know how many Lindsey songs are in the set.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Boy oh boy.
Just....

Edited to add: not you Golddustwoman, just their hiding themselves
I think they just didn't want to face the possibility of a bad mix again and the backlash. This was a completely different setting and a perfect one to showcase the new band with the same name that you are (and should be) proud of. That's probably why they were added in the first place. If Mariah friggin' Carey is willing to be streamed live after the New Years Eve debacle then certainly FM should have cowboyed up. FM is the ONLY act that won't be streamed live. It makes them look like a ridiculous bunch of divas. Yes I'm still pissed.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you would have disappointed us if you said they sucked. you saying they were great as you always do regardless of whether that's reality or not - how is that surprising anyone? it's completely in character for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I love all the people who hate Lindsey (not the people who are not his biggest fans, but the real haters) who are always banging on about how it's fine, it's great, those are band songs so they should do them blah blah blah.

But I guarantee you (and here's where they'll all jump on and say this isn't so) if LB had orchestrated her ouster, and the brought on some chick to stand there and mimic her doing GDW and everything else-- all her little vocal quirks, "you can't save me now" and all that jazz...they'd be barking like mad dogs. Again, they'll deny it, but if their girl was replaced and they put some chick in black dresses and a top hat to stand there and imitate Stevie they'd be p*ssed. *I* would be p*ssed, as I would be if they got another keyboardist who tried to be Chris. Someone standing in and not just playing but trying to emulate the interactions onstage of the ousted member with the other band members-- beyond cheesy.
i was talking to someone on facebook, and they were all bent out of shape because of the "cover band" moniker. i don't think 1987 is the right comparison even though people like to bring it up. this was my response:
to people complaining about current version of the "musical chairs" band FM being called a cover band:

remember when you saw Buckingham McVie live and complained how you missed Stevie on Christine's hit Little Lies or you didn't like Christine-Lindsey interactions on GYOW because the song was originally directed at SN?
now remember - they didn't call themselves Fleetwood Mac and they didn't cover any Stevie songs. just their own - Buckingham and McVie songs. yet, you sighed and were sad?

now imagine if they did call themselves Fleetwood Mac and Mick and John agreed to tour those new songs the 4-some version of FM recorded and they also just for a good measure picked a SN song to cover. maybe Landslide (since LB-composed guitar solo is a huge part of the song recognition). how would you feel then?

that's how many FM fans feel now.
this is way more apt comparison than 1987. except Fleetwood Mac version called BuckVie was creative and moving forward, while the current musical chairs version is trying their hardest to be even more faithful greatest hits nostalgia act then they've been since 2009.

now - i'm not saying i feel this way. personally i feel Lindsey is finally liberated to move forward and i never want to see him being stifled in FM again. and i hope he's worked out a deal where he's getting nice fat checks from them doing his songs live while not allowing him to be there with them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-22-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Hmmm... interesting point. I agree that if FM had replaced Stevie with another woman and put her in a black dress and doing her vocal quirks and mimicking her dancing, people would be upset. But if the band let the new female singer bring her own style, like Bekka did when she replaced Stevie, then most people would have been ok with it. In this case, Neil seems different enough from Lindsey that the problem you mention shouldn't be an issue. Now if Neil wore a grey vest and pants, and a hat from which underneath he sported a mop of luscious curly hair like Lindsey had during their Mirage tour, I would be with you completely!

Last edited by bwboy; 09-22-2018 at 12:45 PM..
Old 09-22-2018, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think they just didn't want to face the possibility of a bad mix again and the backlash. This was a completely different setting and a perfect one to showcase the new band with the same name that you are (and should be) proud of. That's probably why they were added in the first place. If Mariah friggin' Carey is willing to be streamed live after the New Years Eve debacle then certainly FM should have cowboyed up. FM is the ONLY act that won't be streamed live. It makes them look like a ridiculous bunch of divas. Yes I'm still pissed.
It would have been nice, but their management probably decided to hold it back for the TV rebroadcast on Oct 7th to coincide with the start of the tour.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mike, other than playing the requisite guitar bits, is clearly totally himself in his appearance and behavior onstage and no one has one iota of an issue with that that I've heard.

Neil, on the other hand, was clearly brought in to fill in the third "frontman/lead singer" slot, and as such is trying to emulate much of the interaction LB had with the band. He's no LB (which is why they had to get Mike) and it's cheesy.

It just makes it all the more clear to me at least that Stevie wanted Mike in the band and couldn't say his name fast enough after giving her ultimatum about LB. Then it was like, oh, Mike isn't that kind of kinetic energy frontman, so we need someone else to do the singing and the fronting. Even in the CBS interview they admitted they brought in Mike asap and then had to go on a search for a second person. All to make her happy.

It would be like kicking her out, then having to find two people to replace her-- one to sing, and one who had the tambourine chops.