User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
They are legit. It is a real store that sells a whle range of stuff.
OK thats great.Maybe it catch on.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-31-2016, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Lindsey........
No, no, no! That is too obvious! I'm leaning more towards Christine, or possibly Tom Petty? Just kidding, of course.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
No, no, no! That is too obvious! I'm leaning more towards Christine, or possibly Tom Petty? Just kidding, of course.
Yes but it will make his fans happy that he's in there.I forgot about TP.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Let's focus on the two words that weren't insulting...... I see.
Ha, but nothing I've said is insulting- it's just the truth. You seem to be fixated with faking things. Even now your Youtube is still billed as the 'official Fleetwood Mac channel'. Why do you feel the need to do that? I previously gave you a subtle nudge to change it but you didn't. I'm sorry if I come across as humorless- I actually think it's rather funny what you've done...and as I said, very clever. It's just that I'm used to you genuinely trying to deceive people.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
::
awww

back at ya
Old 05-31-2016, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes but it will make his fans happy that he's in there.I forgot about TP.
Didn't Stevie say at point she's an 'honorary' Heartbreaker?
Old 05-31-2016, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
Didn't Stevie say at point she's an 'honorary' Heartbreaker?
Yes .I remember that she said that in an interview that she wanted to be in his band .Good evidence is when she toured with him in 2006.Maybe the same with Don Henley in 2005 and Rod Stewart too.Plus Chris Isaak.More likely she loves the Heartbreakers.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes .I remember that she said that in an interview that she wanted to be in his band .Good evidence is when she toured with him in 2006.Maybe the same with Don Henley in 2005 and Rod Stewart too.Plus Chris Isaak.More likely she loves the Heartbreakers.
And they gave her a custom piece of jewelery-- like a sheriff's badge, engraved to her with some verbiage about how she's an honorary heartbreaker. It was either white gold or platinum and I think had some diamonds too....

Here it is:

By Stevie Nicks

In 1976, I'd been in Fleetwood Mac for about a year when I heard Tom Petty's debut. I became a fan right then. I loved the way Tom's Florida swamp-dog voice sounded in cahoots with Mike Campbell's guitar and Benmont Tench's keyboards. Tom had the same influences we had — the Byrds, Neil Young, Crosby, Stills and Nash — but he dropped in lots of serious old blues. And Tom is such a great singer and so charismatic onstage. I became such a fan that if I hadn't been in a band myself, I would have joined that one.

When I started doing my first solo album, Bella Donna, my first thought was, "Who produces Tom Petty?" When they said Jimmy Iovine, I got Jimmy, because I wanted my solo work to be as much like Tom's as possible.

I first met Tom in the studio, and he was pretty much what I expected. There's not a fake bone in his body. Jimmy and Tom decided to give me "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," which they had written with Campbell. When they showed it to me, I was like, "Is this the right thing to do? I only get 11 songs and one of them won't be mine." And both Tom and Jimmy said to me, in a brutally honest way, "You don't have a single on this record. And here's a single for you."

Tom is a great and loyal friend, but he's also honest like that. In 1994, I had just gotten out of rehab, and Tom and I had dinner. I wanted to make a new record but I was scared. I said to him, "Will you help me write a song or two?" I didn't really expect the reaction I got, which was, "No, I won't. You are one of the premier songwriters in this business. Go home and turn off the radio. Don't be influenced by anything. Just write some great songs — that's what you do." He reinforced that I was still Stevie Nicks. I wrote a song about him I've never recorded, but I will someday. It goes, "Sometimes he's my best friend, even when he's not around."

In 2006, I did 27 shows with him. Tom made me a little platinum sheriff's badge that had 24-karat gold and diamonds across the top and said "To Our Honorary Heartbreaker, Stevie Nicks." On the back it says "To the Only Girl in Our Band." I keep it on my black velvet top hat. It goes with me everywhere. It's probably the most beautiful piece of jewelry a man has ever given me, ever.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...#ixzz4AIRgDwl9
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-31-2016 at 10:54 PM..
Old 05-31-2016, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
And they gave her a custom piece of jewelery-- like a sheriff's badge, engraved to her with some verbiage about how she's an honorary heartbreaker. It was either white gold or platinum and I think had some diamonds too....

Here it is:

By Stevie Nicks

In 1976, I'd been in Fleetwood Mac for about a year when I heard Tom Petty's debut. I became a fan right then. I loved the way Tom's Florida swamp-dog voice sounded in cahoots with Mike Campbell's guitar and Benmont Tench's keyboards. Tom had the same influences we had — the Byrds, Neil Young, Crosby, Stills and Nash — but he dropped in lots of serious old blues. And Tom is such a great singer and so charismatic onstage. I became such a fan that if I hadn't been in a band myself, I would have joined that one.

When I started doing my first solo album, Bella Donna, my first thought was, "Who produces Tom Petty?" When they said Jimmy Iovine, I got Jimmy, because I wanted my solo work to be as much like Tom's as possible.

I first met Tom in the studio, and he was pretty much what I expected. There's not a fake bone in his body. Jimmy and Tom decided to give me "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," which they had written with Campbell. When they showed it to me, I was like, "Is this the right thing to do? I only get 11 songs and one of them won't be mine." And both Tom and Jimmy said to me, in a brutally honest way, "You don't have a single on this record. And here's a single for you."

Tom is a great and loyal friend, but he's also honest like that. In 1994, I had just gotten out of rehab, and Tom and I had dinner. I wanted to make a new record but I was scared. I said to him, "Will you help me write a song or two?" I didn't really expect the reaction I got, which was, "No, I won't. You are one of the premier songwriters in this business. Go home and turn off the radio. Don't be influenced by anything. Just write some great songs — that's what you do." He reinforced that I was still Stevie Nicks. I wrote a song about him I've never recorded, but I will someday. It goes, "Sometimes he's my best friend, even when he's not around."

In 2006, I did 27 shows with him. Tom made me a little platinum sheriff's badge that had 24-karat gold and diamonds across the top and said "To Our Honorary Heartbreaker, Stevie Nicks." On the back it says "To the Only Girl in Our Band." I keep it on my black velvet top hat. It goes with me everywhere. It's probably the most beautiful piece of jewelry a man has ever given me, ever.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...#ixzz4AIRgDwl9
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
Wow.Thanks for finding this.I now remember that badge that she got from TP.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Stop the bickering and stop throwing insults at each other either directly or by vague, barbed references.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont mind the fake stuff and kidding around as long it has a disclaimer in the original post saying its fake or kidding around .Got to watch out if any of the fake info gets out to the news media since some probably scour these forums for info.Sometime I post this kind of stuff and by the end of the post I say I'm only kidding.

OK back on topic.