The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
I'm fairly new to this as well... But the way I see it is if there is 100kbs that can be handled by your machine, whether it be upload or download, or a combo of both. And you are at 50/50 (meaning 50kbs download and 50kbs upload), the download will take longer. But if you limit your upload to say 30kbs out of that 100kbs that's up for grabs... your download rate should increase by itself up to 70kbs to fill the gap, which means you will download quicker.

I could be wrong on that... but that's my understanding of it. I did read somewhere about limiting your upload rate... but not too low as what you upload is being thrown into the pool so that everyone else downloading will receive it. The thing about torrent downloads is it's not like you are connected to one person and getting it from them. You are grabbing from all the seeders that have the show still open and are seeding... but you are taking from them based on the upload rate that they have set for themselves.
that was a big help. that made many things much more clear to me. thank you. guess mine's about right...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-22-2004, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I use bitcomet to download torrent files

Download.com

And you'll need this little program to verify after you have downloaded

Md5sum

Download the bitcomet and the md5sum program to your desk top (it's easier to find them) Then install them to your program file on your computer.

Then go to etree and find the torrent you want to download... Click on the first torrent link which will take you to another page describing what the torrent is. Click on the actual torrent link and your computer will probably say something like "your computer doesn't know what program to use to open the file"... Select browse and find the bitcomet program that you downloaded and installed in your program file and click on it. This should start the download. Then all you have to do is wait out the long process of the download, which for me on the Tusk doc. took 2 and a half days!!

Once you've downloaded it. There will be a md5sum icon in the file folder where you downloaded it to. (You can select any folder you want to downloaded it to... probably best to create a seperate on). Right click on the md5sum and you will see an option that says "verify". Click it... and let the program do it's work. After it is finished, and everything checks out... you are finished to do what ever you want with it.

To watch it on your computer... I use the VLC Media Player cause it plays any type of file... You can get that as well for free here. VLC Media Player

When you download and install this media player... Open it up... Click on file on the top left hand side... Click on "Quick Open" and find the folder where you downloaded the torrent file. Select one of the files and you should be able to watch it on your computer... I can no problem...

Burning it to a dvd... Someone else will have to help you out with that... I haven't gotten that far yet... lol

Hope some of this info helps you out.
The Md5sum I downloaded does not have a "verify" when i right click. And I got VCL media player, but it won't play it. yes, i am frustrated and pissed.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hmmm.....

Did you finish downloading the dvd and it says it did it succesfully?

And did you install the md5sum?

And did you go to the file folder where you downloaded the dvd to - and did you see a md5sum icon (it says md5 on it)? If you do see it that's the File Integrity Signature List. You right click on that which in the pop up should say at the very top "verify" and you click it - which should start the verification of the file. Once that's done and it does it with no problems, then you should be fine.

If you've done all that and you've also installed VLC... open the Media Player, go to file in the top left and click "Quick Open" and locate the folder that contains the dvd. View the files in the "details" mode so you can see the file sizes... chose one of the larger files... there should be a bunch of them as vob files.. select one of those to open and it should work... if it doesn't then you must have installed something wrong.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmm.....

Did you finish downloading the dvd and it says it did it succesfully?

And did you go to the file folder where you downloaded the dvd to - and did you see a md5sum icon (it says md5 on it)? If you do see it that's the File Integrity Signature List. You right click on that which in the pop up should say at the very top "verify" and you click it - which should start the verification of the file. Once that's done and it does it with no problems, then you should be fine.

If you've done all that and you've also installed VLC... open the Media Player, go to file in the top left and click "Quick Open" and locate the folder that contains the dvd. View the files in the "details" mode so you can see the file sizes... chose one of the larger files... there should be a bunch of them as vob files.. select one of those to open and it should work... if it doesn't then you must have installed something wrong.
ok, i did that, but my md5sum does not have a verify...crap! thanks, macman.
I'll try to reinstall, or something...i'm so frustrated right now, i want to stop, yet i am obsessed, too. bad combo.
much love
Amber

Old 10-23-2004, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Where did you download the md5summer to? Which folder? Or did you download it to your desktop?

Go to it, not the one that came with the download, and double click to open it. It should open a little window with a listing of your folders on your computer and at the bottom of the little window are 3 options: "Create sums" "Verify Sums" and "About". Locate your download and try it that way.

Or tell me this. when you finished downloading the Tusk Doc., tell me the names of the file folders that were downloaded. List them out here. Maybe I can help that way.

Last edited by MacMan; 10-23-2004 at 08:43 AM..
Old 10-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where did you download the md5summer to? Which folder? Or did you download it to your desktop?

Go to it, not the one that came with the download, and double click to open it. It should open a little window with a listing of your folders on your computer and at the bottom of the little window are 3 options: "Create sums" "Verify Sums" and "About". Locate your download and try it that way.

Or tell me this. when you finished downloading the Tusk Doc., tell me the names of the file folders that were downloaded. List them out here. Maybe I can help that way.
I don't understand what you mean when you say, "go to it, not the one that came with the download" but, either one i double click, they do not open a little window with a listing of my folders on my computer...
Thank you, though
Amber

Old 10-24-2004, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ughhh

I finally started my download but its gonna take 100 hours
WTF!
LOL, I guess I will have to wait.
I use nero, Can I make this a VCD? or SVCD?
Old 10-24-2004, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Okay Amber... Download this md5sum to your desk top. It's a zip file. When you download the zip file to your desk top. double click on it and extract the md5sum to your programs file.

Latest version 1.2.0.5
Released 28-Sep-2003
Normal ZIP format.
Size: 387KB

md5sum - zip file

This is the little program I believe you are looking for. I just tried to download the md5sum from etree - that was posted in a previous post... and it didn't work for me either.

Question: Do you have an icon (in the downloaded foler) that came with the dvd download that says md5 anywhere??
Old 10-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay Amber... Download this md5sum to your desk top. It's a zip file. When you download the zip file to your desk top. double click on it and extract the md5sum to your programs file.

Latest version 1.2.0.5
Released 28-Sep-2003
Normal ZIP format.
Size: 387KB

md5sum - zip file

This is the little program I believe you are looking for. I just tried to download the md5sum from etree - that was posted in a previous post... and it didn't work for me either.

Question: Do you have an icon (in the downloaded foler) that came with the dvd download that says md5 anywhere??
Yes, one of them does say that it says: FM-Tusk Rehearsal,etc, MD5 file. Why?

Old 10-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ok, i've gotten my first glimpses... a magnificent audio of Storms which was so heartbreakingly beautiful...then video and audio of say you love me...
Also wanna give a big shout to everyone on this thread for helping me...and to hot chocolate on rainy night...
ok, the chain is starting..it's all mellow and jamm-ie
Amber

Old 10-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When I click on md5sum, it QUICKLY flashes a window, then disappears (it flashes SO quickly that all I can read is md5 in the corner).
I need to convert all these vob files to Mpeg or AVI, right? If so, how please?
I don't have a DVD-rom.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I see that a Stevie Nicks Gypsy Master Reel to Reel has now been posted over at easytree http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=12340

Fleetwood Mac - Gypsy 24 Track Reel 4/5/1980 (ape)

Tracks:
01 Gypsy #1
02 Gypsy #2
03 Studio Chatter #1
04 Gypsy #3
05 Studio Chatter #2
06 Gypsy #4

Total Time 14:18

Other files:
Fleetwood Mac Gypsy 24 Track Reel.sfv
Fleetwood Mac Gypsy 24 Track Reel.txt

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 11-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, Sorry that I'm slow jumping on this bandwagon. But after 3 days, it finally downloaded sucessfully. I used BitTornado. Then I downloaded the VLC player and I can't get it to play. I've gone through all the posts in this thread trying to figure it out and here I am asking for help.
What now...
Brit

"I always return here..."
Old 11-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGypsy
OK, Sorry that I'm slow jumping on this bandwagon. But after 3 days, it finally downloaded sucessfully. I used BitTornado. Then I downloaded the VLC player and I can't get it to play. I've gone through all the posts in this thread trying to figure it out and here I am asking for help.
What now...
Brit
Welcome to my world. However, it did play. Is there any way to describe your problem in more detail? Mine ended up playing on the regular windvd4 that was on my computer, even though i downloaded VCL. I mean, you found where it's saved and tried to open it and nothing (?) happened? nothing at all?

Old 11-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well what I said is pretty much it. I Open Quick File on VCL player find the file click it and nothing. Or I right click the FM file then click Open With and click open with VCL player and nothing.
Brit

"I always return here..."