User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:15 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Found some pics of Kristen through the years...

Looking at them again, she kind of looks the same- just tweaked the brows a bit...
That first picture is Kristen? (the one purportedly of her as an actress)
Old 03-14-2009, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
That first picture is Kristen? (the one purportedly of her as an actress)

Yea, it is her. If you watch that movie and then LB's Behind the Music..it is clearly the same girl.

As far as the Philly show goes, she was just not very nice to the fans who were on the floor in the front row. She came down with the kiddies, stepped all over people's jackets and whatnot (when she stood Leelee on a chair) and then got a major attitude towards the people who actually purchased the seats. No one had a problem with the kids standing on their chairs but the K treated everyone around her like they had the plague. I totally understand protecting the kiddos, but you do not have to stand on people's coats and posters and then act like they did something wrong either. She had a major puss attitude. It was my first real "experience" with her, other than just seeing her at a Dance show taking photos. I had no idea who she was back in 1997, it wasn't until years later that I realized who K was and remembered her from the Dance tour.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 03-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
She had a major puss attitude.
That's always been my impression of her. I feel I can read that attitude in her pinched, surgically constructed face, structure, & demeanor. She has never struck me as physically attractive in any way. She's nothing but O.C. Housewives to me. She reminds me of several of the bony blonde power women Larry Lawrence married over the years, like Jeannie & Shelia.

Cheryl Caspari ... now there's real pre-Raphaelite allure & sexy tresses.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kelly, that is really horrible. I don't think there is any excuse for that kind of behavior. That's like diva-esque right there...and she haven't even the status to be in the diva category...Stevie? Sure. Lindsey? Of course. But come on!

Hopefully she was just PMSing.

Oh, and David: I'm going to totally be respectful of your admiration of Cheri Caspari's looks because, hey, my friend thinks Woody Allen is sexy and I still socialize with her, but I'll disagree on the "bony" thing in regards to Kristen. I have never seen one picture where I would categorize her as "bony." Lately, she's looking pretty healthy actually, but in younger years I'd just call her slim. I'm sure having to compete with Lindsey's body mass isn't easy, but she's never been exceedingly thin, imo, and her face has always looked healthy and not sunken in. Stereotypically pretty, maybe, but always healthy.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kelly, that is really horrible. I don't think there is any excuse for that kind of behavior. That's like diva-esque right there...and she haven't even the status to be in the diva category...Stevie? Sure. Lindsey? Of course. But come on!

Hopefully she was just PMSing.

Oh, and David: I'm going to totally be respectful of your admiration of Cheri Caspari's looks because, hey, my friend thinks Woody Allen is sexy and I still socialize with her, but I'll disagree on the "bony" thing in regards to Kristen. I have never seen one picture where I would categorize her as "bony." Lately, she's looking pretty healthy actually, but in younger years I'd just call her slim. I'm sure having to compete with Lindsey's body mass isn't easy, but she's never been exceedingly thin, imo, and her face has always looked healthy and not sunken in. Stereotypically pretty, maybe, but always healthy.

Personally, I think Carol Ann was much prettier than Cheri. She has not aged well but on the Rumours Japan footage, she is quite lovely. Clingy, but lovely.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 03-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered

Quote:
Yea, it is her. If you watch that movie and then LB's Behind the Music..it is clearly the same girl.
What movie is this?

Quote:
As far as the Philly show goes, she was just not very nice to the fans who were on the floor in the front row. She came down with the kiddies, stepped all over people's jackets and whatnot (when she stood Leelee on a chair) and then got a major attitude towards the people who actually purchased the seats. No one had a problem with the kids standing on their chairs but the K treated everyone around her like they had the plague. I totally understand protecting the kiddos, but you do not have to stand on people's coats and posters and then act like they did something wrong either. She had a major puss attitude. It was my first real "experience" with her, other than just seeing her at a Dance show taking photos.
Didn't you get the memo? She's Lindsey's wife (aka "hot ****").
Old 03-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What movie is this?
That really bad "Shaking the Tree" film with Courtney Cox-Arquette in it. Kristen is on the cover, but the name she is listed as in the film is "Brittney Hansen" and she was apparently married to the male lead of the film, Gale Hansen.

Quote:
Didn't you get the memo? She's Lindsey's wife (aka "hot ****").
Whatever. That's not a good enough reason to trample over people's belongings. Unless someone was trying to grab one of the kids I don't see the need for her to act like a queen at her husband's concert. She's a lovely-looking woman, but she's kind of moody.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That really bad "Shaking the Tree" film with Courtney Cox-Arquette in it. Kristen is on the cover, but the name she is listed as in the film is "Brittney Hansen" and she was apparently married to the male lead of the film, Gale Hansen.
According to the imdb though Gale Hansen has been married to the same woman since 1986. But it could be wrong.
Have you seen the film? What's her acting like?
Thanks for the photos btw!
Old 03-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
According to the imdb though Gale Hansen has been married to the same woman since 1986. But it could be wrong.
Yes, you're correct. Gale Hansen is married to Eva Quiroz- a quick internet search independently/accurately confirms this. I'd venture to guess that Brittney Hansen (based on her lack of acting history) is probably a relative of Gale.

Unless I'm missing something (such as some sort of verification), I think its a pretty big leap to suggest that this Brittney Hansen is in fact Kristen Messner. They may look similar but, as has been discussed in this thread, Kristen has a very generic look about her.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had never heard Kristen was an actress before she became a photographer. Is this film the basis of that idea or has it been mentioned elsewhere?
Old 03-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Registered

Quote:
I had never heard Kristen was an actress before she became a photographer. Is this film the basis of that idea or has it been mentioned elsewhere?
It hasn't been mentioned anywhere (that I've seen), but considering how Kristen became a "photographer", it wouldn't surprise me if sometime prior to that she was an "actress" too.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But didn't she meet Lindsey while taking his photo for a magazine?
Old 03-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered

Quote:
But didn't she meet Lindsey while taking his photo for a magazine?
Supposedly. Other than the obvious question of "why haven't these photos ever surfaced", there is reason to think that this story isn't true. While the photoshoot reference is the standard line, every once in a while they (usually Lindsey) slip and say it was actually at a recording session. Based on who Kristen was dating at the time, I think this version is much closer to reality.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Supposedly. Other than the obvious question of "why haven't these photos ever surfaced", there is reason to think that this story isn't true. While the photoshoot reference is the standard line, every once in a while they (usually Lindsey) slip and say it was actually at a recording session. Based on who Kristen was dating at the time, I think this version is much closer to reality.
Never heard the recording session story, but that makes sense...Gary Briggs...

"Kristen Messner" and "Brittney Hansen" are both credited for the same role in different sources for the movie "Shaking the Tree".... apparently she was married to Gale Hansen and his bio was changed later...

Who knows.

All we know is she's an actress, photographer, LA socialite, songwriter, interior sketcher/designer. She's got it going on.

Last edited by CADreaming; 03-14-2009 at 08:04 PM..
Old 03-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Never heard the recording session story, but that makes sense...Gary Briggs...
Bingo.

It's fascinating, because it basically set off everything that happened with Lindsey's solo career from '98-'01ish. It created all sorts of discord, and directly contributed to the protracted delay for the album then known as "Gift Of Screws".

After Howie Klein- a huge ally of Lindsey's- left Reprise, David Kahne and Briggs stonewalled Lindsey, making unreasonable requirements/concessions to get the album out (ex. Sarah McLachlan on "Twist of Fate"). The label lost a ton of money promoting the abortion known as "Out Of The Cradle", and they weren't going to do a similar promotional roll out unless Lindsey played ball.

Of course, Lindsey opted to ride it out, and write songs about the experience (ex. "What's The World Coming To"). Kahne responded by dropping him and Fleetwood Mac from the label. They only chose WBR to release "Say You Will" because Kahne was long gone by this point, replaced with the much more artist-friendly Tom Whalley.

Quote:
"Kristen Messner" and "Brittney Hansen" are both credited for the same role in different sources for the movie "Shaking the Tree".... apparently she was married to Gale Hansen and his bio was changed later...

Who knows.
Exactly. For all we know, the credit for Kristen was probably added by a Lindsey fan who jumped to the same conclusions.

Quote:
All we know is she's an actress, photographer, LA socialite, songwriter, interior sketcher/designer. She's got it going on.
Damn straight!