User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:32 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
All of them, or just a few, or just one member? jeez... how disrespectful to older folks.. Now you have to look good in order to perform..
isn't that the criteria for what is popular now ?
Old 11-18-2015, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah, Gracie's always been a head case. So strange that the darling of the summer of love should insist that a band which, by her admission, still sounds good should pack it in because she can't bear to look at them in their old age. I'm not surprised she said this. .
Agree. I had not seen Grace in a long time(late 80's) and was thrown back the picture. Almost completely didn't recognize her. Unless her remark about a televised event was one of those early AM shows where they have to be on set practicing at like 4am (even teen acts look tired on these programs), that would be the only way I could relate to the comment, because frankly they look excellent for people their age, especially the ladies. Perhaps a bit of animosity for some reason or a touch of jealousy. I find the comment unnecessary actually. At least she said the sounded great.

The other mention of the Stones is interesting, sure Mick Jagger is a ball of fire, but between him and Keith Richards I think if we are judging on age or looks they look far older than most if not all of Fleetwood Mac. IMO if you can sell seats, the demand is their for your music, and you are healthy enough why not carry on.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know much about Grace Slick but this seems pretty ageist. FM are still good at what they do and who cares if they're not young-looking anymore? You don't have to be young to write good songs or be sexy or perform a great show, despite what the media/capitalism would like you to believe. People get older... Deal with it.

That said, if she's saying she doesn't find them believable because they wrote these songs so long ago and they're still singing the same ones today despite like 40 years of time and new experiences... I can respect that. I, too, would like to see some new FM material performed live.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:38 PM
Registered

Just think of Grace and the things she says as ,what Stevie would be like if she never stopped doing drugs
Old 11-18-2015, 09:07 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Just think of Grace and the things she says as ,what Stevie would be like if she never stopped doing drugs
Old 11-18-2015, 09:09 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Yea .I see the jealousy there.Her and Starship is not around and FM is flying high with sellout tour dates playing greatest hits and the women of FM are on the top of the top earners of women of 2015.
I can understand why she doesn't look back on her days in Starship with fondness. Pretty cringy pop
Old 11-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Grace is old and bitter now. Look her up on YouTube. There's all these interviews where she trashes everyone in rock n roll. She talks about how terrible Woodstock was. I think people who say everything is terrible all the time should consider that the one common denominator in everything they say is that it's coming from them. Maybe it's just their outlook on things.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by landslide95 View Post
I can understand why she doesn't look back on her days in Starship with fondness. Pretty cringy pop
Hahahhaha I did not mind the cringy pop from them.

I wonder who does she like after all the negativity .I like to know her opinion is on todays artists and bands.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Hahahhaha I did not mind the cringy pop from them.

I wonder who does she like after all the negativity .I like to know her opinion is on todays artists and bands.
aside from China Kantner , she hates everyone
Old 11-18-2015, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I love Grace though. The story of how she was thrown out of Jefferson Airplane in 1978 is hysterical. The band was on tour promoting their new album. They were performing in West Germany but Grace was too drunk to take the stage so the band performed without her. The audience kept chanting for Grace so much that the next night (also in West Germany) the band forced her to take the stage. Grace was so drunk and was making fun of Germans with all types of World War 2 references and how they lost the war, etc. The band had enough and she was thrown out of the band. She would appear almost 10 years later with the new "Starship." While a success, Grace has always said she hated singing those light weight pop songs with Starship. Grace was 40 when Starship had their big hit "We built this city." She regrets rejoining obviously. Grace is brutally honest and I admire that about her sometimes.
She rejoined Jefferson Starship first, back in 1981 for the Modern Times album. She was only missing from one album, Freedom at Point Zero.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eh, at least she said they sound great. Everything else can be taken with a pinch of salt, Grace has always been of the opinion that old = bad in rock music terms. So... eh.

She actually seems quite complimentary of Stevie here?

Old 11-18-2015, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I once heard her do an interview for a Fleetwood Mac special and she basically trashed Stevie. She said something like "Oh yeah, the witch" rolling her eyes and with a very dismissive tone. I could never figure out why they included it in the special. Anyway, trashing someone for how they look, except for maybe a model who needs to look a certain way, is really immature and not very nice. I'm very unimpressed with Ms. Slick.

Kevin
Old 11-18-2015, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
I once heard her do an interview for a Fleetwood Mac special and she basically trashed Stevie. She said something like "Oh yeah, the witch" rolling her eyes and with a very dismissive tone. I could never figure out why they included it in the special. Anyway, trashing someone for how they look, except for maybe a model who needs to look a certain way, is really immature and not very nice. I'm very unimpressed with Ms. Slick.

Kevin
I know of which interview you speak of and she did not trash Stevie at all.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This really isn't a Fleetwood thing. Grace was complaining about old people singing rock and roll over 20 years ago.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just can't get past her thinking it's totally fine for the crypt keepers themselves, the Rolling Stones, to keep on playing shows despite their old age as long as they sound awesome.... but not Fleetwood Mac.