12.5%

...would be fair
...but I'd guess it's closer to...

30%
25%
25%
10%
10%
You first guess is the fair one, therefore I highly suspect the 2nd one to be true!
Old 08-22-2015, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
If there were a show sans-Stevie I'd probably be willing to pay the same, maybe even more.
Me too! Just all CM/LB songs, with Oh Well thrown in. Bring it!
Old 08-22-2015, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just have to say that I am shocked that they get different percentages of concert revenue. I do think that Stevie is more famous than the other 4, and that people would probably still come to see Fleetwood Mac if John or Mick weren't there, but Stevie and/or Lindsey and/or Stevie were. But I can not imagine working with 4 other people for over 40 years and not wanting everything to be equal when there is so much money going around. It's not like they need to worry about their money. Maybe I'm naive, and maybe you all knew this before, but this is news to me and it kind of disgusts me.

Kevin
Old 08-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
I just have to say that I am shocked that they get different percentages of concert revenue. I do think that Stevie is more famous than the other 4, and that people would probably still come to see Fleetwood Mac if John or Mick weren't there, but Stevie and/or Lindsey and/or Stevie were. But I can not imagine working with 4 other people for over 40 years and not wanting everything to be equal when there is so much money going around. It's not like they need to worry about their money. Maybe I'm naive, and maybe you all knew this before, but this is news to me and it kind of disgusts me.

Kevin
Of course it should be equal, and probably was, minus Mick's management cut, way back when, before his head rolled.

Then the lawyers and managers took over. Welcome to America(even if it sucks)!
Old 08-22-2015, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd be curious what the split is, but there are so many people employed by it that I can't imagine the actual five members of the band collectively get over 25% of the net.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-22-2015, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread will probably never get back on topic. I'm surprised people are so shocked that the split might not be equal. (We should really try to remember that we don't actually know what the split is or ever was.) It's not as if this situation is unique to Fleetwood Mac. Other bands do exactly the same thing. And even though this is art, it's also their business, and there aren't many businesses where everyone makes the same.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
This thread will probably never get back on topic. I'm surprised people are so shocked that the split might not be equal. (We should really try to remember that we don't actually know what the split is or ever was.) It's not as if this situation is unique to Fleetwood Mac. Other bands do exactly the same thing. And even though this is art, it's also their business, and there aren't many businesses where everyone makes the same.
A huge part of the reason the Eagles fired Don Felder, was the he was one third OWNER of the Eagles brand, the business. Walsh nor Schmidt never were(because Felder was on board before them, when they were still making all members "owners").

When they were around in the 70's and 80's, touring revenues were split evenly. By the time they reconvened in 1994?, the lawyers had taken over, and Frey and Henley took the stance that, "you wanna get back together, you're now going to accept 10%(instead of 20%) of the touring revenue. Walsh and Schmidt accepted, but Felder had a hard time accepting that. Then, he kept demanding to see "the books", and that's when they fired him.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Come on, BEFORE Christine's return, how would FM have fared in ticket sales, sans Stevie? She held the cards. She knew it, and her management knew it.

Now that Chris has been (considerably) welcomed back , I think her(SN) value has been diminished, in the grand scheme of things. Second Hand Mews.
Will we see it now this tour is a hit.Thanks to Chris coming back to add value to the band as one full unit again.If not FM will be on the road in VW buses and flying Cessna's to their venue locations.

I never like talking about people earning because its none of my business but To be fair 20 % percent of the pie for all of them.They all earned it.Mick and John should get it since the band is named after them..Now thinking there's probably not much left for them after they pay the road crew ,Promoter,Venue fees ,Making Tee shirts and other merch which that should pay for itself., Charter plane and its fees ,Trucking ,Fuel, Tolls,Hotel,Limo services ,Food catering ,Union dues ,taxes and other fees and other services I forgot to mention.

Maybe we could separate this to another thread and call it "FM :Piece of the pie of tour earnings" or some better title since this "What they drive"car thread got totally derailed LOL.....

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You are right that in most businesses, people earn different amounts. But usually that's because when they were hired, they were given a salary, and then possibly they got bonuses or something. But their salaries were set. In this case, if they wanted to, they could make an equal split, and that's what shocks me. Why wouldn't you want your bandmates to all be doing as well as you, especially when you make bundles and bundles of money. It's just very disappointing.

BTW, I didn't read all the posts. Is it known that they get different splits? Or are we just guessing, as we love to do here?

Kevin
Old 08-22-2015, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course it should be equal, and probably was, minus Mick's management cut, way back when, before his head rolled.

Then the lawyers and managers took over. Welcome to America(even if it sucks)!
When Stevie and Lindsey first joined they got a salary, not a cut or percentage. Something like 200 bucks a week per person. Mick then was the manager so as all managers do he'd get ten percent of the gross of whatever the band made on anything --album, tour, tee shirts, whatever.

That seemed to hold through the white album and eve n that tour.

Rumours they went in same way, but presumably by the time the album came out , Stevie created the only number one, etc, she wanted more.

The band fired Mick after the Tusk tour, and per Lindsey and even Mick, that's when the separate managers reallllly got involved and demanding things on behalf of their particular clients. Don't forget, Stevie founded Modern with Fishkin and Goldberg as early as 78/79 as a platform for herself and was going toward a solo career.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
When Stevie and Lindsey first joined they got a salary, not a cut or percentage. Something like 200 bucks a week per person. Mick then was the manager so as all managers do he'd get ten percent of the gross of whatever the band made on anything --album, tour, tee shirts, whatever.

Rumours they went in same way, but presumably by the time the album came out , Stevie created the only number one, etc, she wanted more.

The band fired Mick after the Tusk tour, and per Lindsey and even Mick, that's when the separate managers reallllly got involved and demanding things on behalf of their particular clients. Don't forget, Stevie founded Modern with Fishkin and Goldberg as early as 78/79 as a platform for herself and was going toward a solo career.
I dont recall why modern close up shop in 1999.
I wonder whats $200 bucks 1970's dollars in todays money.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The "salary" thing lasted until the tour, and then they started making their cut of the tour revenue. Sometime around "Rumours," Stevie and Lindsey were made equal partners.

Mick got sacked because he couldn't say no to the lavish reauests, and at the end of the Tusk tour, the others were shocked at how little they netted. That's when the lawyers and accountants got involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-23-2015, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
A huge part of the reason the Eagles fired Don Felder, was the he was one third OWNER of the Eagles brand, the business. Walsh nor Schmidt never were(because Felder was on board before them, when they were still making all members "owners").

When they were around in the 70's and 80's, touring revenues were split evenly. By the time they reconvened in 1994?, the lawyers had taken over, and Frey and Henley took the stance that, "you wanna get back together, you're now going to accept 10%(instead of 20%) of the touring revenue. Walsh and Schmidt accepted, but Felder had a hard time accepting that. Then, he kept demanding to see "the books", and that's when they fired him.
Don Felder makes almost as much from the Eagles as if he was on tour with them. He sued the pants off them and he makes a ton of dough everytime they play Hotel California and other songs. Besides being part owner he was creater and writer of most of their biggest hits. The Eagles need to play their hits and so they pay a fortune to Don Felder. Felder wrote the entire intro to Hotel California. Felder was on Stern a few years ago and it was a fascinating interview. There are some things he cant talk about from the lawsuit but he was definitely the big winner.

Back to the Mac. I highly doubt Mick Fleetwood gets only 15% of the split. My hunch is they are "almost" equal.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-23-2015 at 07:16 PM..
Old 08-23-2015, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
My hunch is they are "almost" equal.
That "hunch" seems reasonable. But I doubt their performance salaries are based on a popularity scale! Don't they all have different managers? I imagine they have a major role in negotiating their client's salary.

Their individual net worth is a different matter. Having songwriting/copyright credit is a financial revenue source unto itself. I assume Christine, Stevie and Lindsey have amassed substantial sums from that alone.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
That "hunch" seems reasonable. But I doubt their performance salaries are based on a popularity scale! Don't they all have different managers? I imagine they have a major role in negotiating their client's salary.

Their individual net worth is a different matter. Having songwriting/copyright credit is a financial revenue source unto itself. I assume Christine, Stevie and Lindsey have amassed substantial sums from that alone.
They make significantly more money from touring. The going rate for songs on an album is $0.09 per song. To put that in context, a writer who has three songs on an album that sells 1.75 million would gross $472,500. That's a nice chunk of change for most musicians, but that's chump change for people of their stature.

THE Stephen Hopkins