User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I've always felt the Buckingham/McVie collaborations were far superior to anything else. They have a such a superb chemistry within this band. Can't wait to hear what they came up with. I understand they wrote some stuff together in the studio as well. It must be nice for Lindsey to work with her again as she is an accomplished musician.
I agree with that! World Turning, Dont Stop, Think About Me, Hold Me, Mystfied and Isn't Midnight are stand out tracks....just to name a few.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
It still bugs the sh@& out of me that we only got 5 studio albums out of this line up in 40 years.
It's astonishingly sad how meager their output has been. After a very productive roll between 1975-1979, progress began to sputter. When Mirage was released three years later, it was actually hailed as a reunion. After that, priorities shifted, and all expectations went out the window. We'd certainly have a larger body of work if they reunited every three years!

I suppose we can try to assuage ourselves with a quality over quantity mindset, and with all of the solo albums that filled the gaps in the ensuing years.

What should a new Fleetwood Mac album sound like? Dispensing assumptions and expectations, a new album with just Lindsey at the helm might sound somewhat similar to his more recent solo records (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). On the other hand, if he co-produces with some one like T Bone Burnett, the results might be less idiosyncratic and more dynamic and satisfying. (I'm a big fan of Sam Phillips, T Bone's ex-wife, whose albums he used to produce.)

With the exception of Fleetwood Mac/Rumors, their proceeding albums all have an distinct, individual sound. I hope the new album stands out in that manner.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-01-2015 at 06:56 PM..
Old 01-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It's astonishingly sad how meager their output has been. After a very productive roll between 1975-1979, progress began to sputter. When Mirage was released three years later, it was actually hailed as a reunion.

That's part of the problem with having such early success (insane, incredible success) with the Rumours Generation. They had extraordinary money in their pockets and weren't hungry like so many other bands are. They have said it themselves--money in their pockets, money in the washing machine, etc. Even today, they are bloated--except for Mick. He can't hold on to a buck for nothing! Were it not for Mick, this band would be totally broken up. SO: thank you Mick for being a poor financial steward!
Old 01-02-2015, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Froom gets my vote for a few reasons, such as his past works with the likes of Richard Thompson and Susanna Hoffs, but mostly because he's already produced Lindsey's songs that I assume are going on the new album.
I LOVE LOVE Richard Thompson! His Froom produced work is brilliant. I also like Froom's work on Suzanne Vega's "99.9F Degrees".
Old 01-02-2015, 12:34 AM
Macfanforever
This message has been deleted by Macfanforever.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've just listened to Mystified about ten times over.

I think it must rank as Fleetwood Mac's must underrated song (or at least top 3).
The vocals of both Christine and Lindsey are like smooth chocolate together. This features some of Lindsey's finest guitar playing...just played straight, not trying to be clever (remember this Lindsey?).
Christine's lyrics aren't exactly deep- in fact, they are perhaps even simpler than most of her songs (which is saying something). However, they lend themselves well to what is a tender, laid back, chilled piece of music. It also reminds me of Warm Ways in its simplicity.

I'd be a very happy man if Lindsey has done something like this to Christine's recent material. A couple of Mystified-esque songs on a new album would be very welcome as far as I'm concerned.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I've just listened to Mystified about ten times over.

I think it must rank as Fleetwood Mac's must underrated song (or at least top 3).
The vocals of both Christine and Lindsey are like smooth chocolate together. This features some of Lindsey's finest guitar playing...just played straight, not trying to be clever (remember this Lindsey?).
Christine's lyrics aren't exactly deep- in fact, they are perhaps even simpler than most of her songs (which is saying something). However, they lend themselves well to what is a tender, laid back, chilled piece of music. It also reminds me of Warm Ways in its simplicity.

I'd be a very happy man if Lindsey has done something like this to Christine's recent material. A couple of Mystified-esque songs on a new album would be very welcome as far as I'm concerned.
I love Mystified. Their collaborations are always so genuine and profound. I remember when I bought the 45 single for Big Love and I would listen to the back side. (You And I part 1). It was such a departure from the normal sound of Fleetwood Mac. You can most certainly hear Lindsey and Christine's relationship in their music. I believe their muse is the strongest in the band, and it's so refreshing to see them so friendly on stage. The three shows at the Forum they looked at each other so much it was comical. I love when he buries his head in Christine's stomach. He did it three times in LA. lol
Old 01-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I believe their muse is the strongest in the band, and it's so refreshing to see them so friendly on stage. The three shows at the Forum they looked at each other so much it was comical.
They looked at each other a lot during The Dance as well. He would basically stare at her, when he was not as his mic singing. When he's at his mic and turns right, he usually looks at Stevie, but if he's not singing, he's looking at Christine.

Michele
Old 01-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
I love Mystified. Their collaborations are always so genuine and profound. I remember when I bought the 45 single for Big Love and I would listen to the back side. (You And I part 1). It was such a departure from the normal sound of Fleetwood Mac. You can most certainly hear Lindsey and Christine's relationship in their music. I believe their muse is the strongest in the band, and it's so refreshing to see them so friendly on stage. The three shows at the Forum they looked at each other so much it was comical. I love when he buries his head in Christine's stomach. He did it three times in LA. lol
friendship? respect? muse? what are these things you are talking about? looking at someone other than Nicks? are you dreaming?? every shipper will tell you he only does these things to make Stevie jealous.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-02-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
friendship? respect? muse? what are these things you are talking about? looking at someone other than Nicks? are you dreaming?? every shipper will tell you he only does these things to make Stevie jealous.
LOL... Christine and Lindsey are in love dammit!!! And he's going to break up with Kristen after the tour and she will scream Hold Me and he will say Don't Stop because you make lovin fun! I know you don't get it, but I see it!!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I'm a shipper
I have never said that and I don't believe it at all

I would say 90% or more of 'shippers' have absolutely no problem with him looking at others, with him respecting and being a friend to Chris, with their co-writes, etc. It only get frustrating when the media/fans push HARD (occasionally with digs at S/L or their fans) or when it's accompianed by a decrease in interaction with Stevie. That's my experience, anyway.

I mean, I'd welcome a first single off this album being a Christine song, or a Christine/Lindsey co-write with good harmonies. Nice and hooky.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 01-02-2015 at 07:54 PM..
Old 01-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now Lindsey will have to issue a clarification (or Mick will do it) saying that he didn't mean it would be the last, the swansong, exactly, he just meant it would be near the last, the pentultimate or something.

Michele
Old 01-02-2015, 11:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

I highly doubt they'll return to it, but my favorite FM (or close to it) sound since Tango was on "Twisted." I can't really describe that sound in technical detail, or how Lindsey achieved it, but it just sounds less over-produced and sterile than most of his recent efforts. More "Never Going Back Again" than "Red Rover"…more "I Don't Want to Know" than "Everybody Finds Out." Something more rootsy/warm and less glossy.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
I've always felt the Buckingham/McVie collaborations were far superior to anything else. They have a such a superb chemistry within this band. Can't wait to hear what they came up with. I understand they wrote some stuff together in the studio as well. It must be nice for Lindsey to work with her again as she is an accomplished musician.
I agree 100% with you. I feel Lindsey is at his absolute best when he works with Christine. Working with her pulls out his musical genius and her natural talent benefits greatly from his production values..
Old 01-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

I would love to hear a new album that has the warmth of the songs on the Tusk album. I love Save Me a Place, Honey Hi, Over and Over, and Beautiful Child. Basically songs that are simply produced that bring out the vocal strengths of the songwriters.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Having Christine back in the studio will bring Lindsey back to what he has always done to create that classic Fleetwood Mac sound. Say You Will had sprinkles of it on some of the tracks but also had a solo feels to it ( I'm sure because we had the GOS songs) and Stevie came in after most of the music was recorded. The same thing will happen with this album with Stevie but having Christine there early on will not make it sound like solo albums meshed together.