User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I wish they had done "Seven Wonders" for the Dance. One of my favorites.
Yes! Seven Wonders and Little Lies. The Rick and Billy band did a good job perfoming those songs. But I'd love to hear Lindsey would arrange them.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Yes! Seven Wonders and Little Lies. The Rick and Billy band did a good job perfoming those songs. But I'd love to hear Lindsey would arrange them.
I know what you mean. Isn't it Midnight surrounded terrific live, but I still found myself wondering how the band would have done it with Lindsey in the mix.

Michele
Old 06-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would have definitely liked to have heard more from Tango on the '97 tour. I think the 20 year anniversary of Rumours and the reunification of the "Rumours" lineup basically allowed the band to justify filling the set with songs from that album (played the entire album minus NGBA and IDWTK...and added the outtake Silver Springs). I think they really should have balanced the set a bit more....of course, I guess you could say that about any post-1977 Mac set.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For The Dance, they only did 2 from Tango - "Everywhere" & "Big Love". For that matter they only did 1 from Mirage - "Gypsy". Everything else from the '75 and Rumours albums, aside from "Go Insane" and the new songs.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For The Dance, they only did 2 from Tango - "Everywhere" & "Big Love". For that matter they only did 1 from Mirage - "Gypsy". Everything else from the '75 and Rumours albums, aside from "Go Insane" and the new songs.
Plus Tusk...
Old 06-14-2010, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Plus Tusk...
Yes, but only an abysmal two song representation...Not That Funny and the title track.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone know where the five tracks that were omitted from The Dance album were placed in the set list?
Those songs being:

Go Insane
Over My Head
Gypsy
Songbird
Gold Dust Woman

I wonder how close the album track list is to the original shows. They did two shows, right?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Does anyone know where the five tracks that were omitted from The Dance album were placed in the set list?
Those songs being:

Go Insane
Over My Head
Gypsy
Songbird
Gold Dust Woman

I wonder how close the album track list is to the original shows. They did two shows, right?
I believe the set as on the DVD went like this:

The Chain
Dreams
Everywhere
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid
Temporary One
Bleed to Love Her
Gypsy
Big Love
Go Insane
Landslide
Say You Love Me
You Make Loving Fun
My Little Demon
Silver Springs
Over My Head
Rhiannon
Sweet Girl
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Don't Stop
Songbird
Old 06-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Plus Tusk...
Sorry I forgot about "Tusk", probably because I don't like the song and skip it on the Dance DVD.

I was mainly pointing out the few 80's songs on the DVD, compared to the large amount 70's material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I believe the set as on the DVD went like this:

The Chain
Dreams
Everywhere
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid
Temporary One
Bleed to Love Her
Gypsy
Big Love
Go Insane
Landslide
Say You Love Me
You Make Loving Fun
My Little Demon
Silver Springs
Over My Head
Rhiannon
Sweet Girl
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Don't Stop
Songbird

You are correct! If you notice Stevie, Christine and Lindsey each got 7 songs plus "The Chain." I suppose it makes it fair and evened out.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry I forgot about "Tusk", probably because I don't like the song and skip it on the Dance DVD.

You are correct! If you notice Stevie, Christine and Lindsey each got 7 songs plus "The Chain." I suppose it makes it fair and evened out.
You don't like Tusk on The Dance!? Blasphemy! That's one of my favorite parts of the whole concert, when the USC Marching Band comes out! Oh well, we're all entitled!

For the DVD, I would have killed Go Insane, My Little Demon, and that boring as all hell version of Over My Head (compare to the '76-'77 versions...) and replaced with Tango in the Night, something Lindsey off of Tusk (The Ledge, Not That Funny, etc.) and Little Lies.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You don't like Tusk on The Dance!? Blasphemy! That's one of my favorite parts of the whole concert, when the USC Marching Band comes out! Oh well, we're all entitled!

For the DVD, I would have killed Go Insane, My Little Demon, and that boring as all hell version of Over My Head (compare to the '76-'77 versions...) and replaced with Tango in the Night, something Lindsey off of Tusk (The Ledge, Not That Funny, etc.) and Little Lies.
I liked My Little Demon a lot. But I think the following songs should have been swapped out for others:

Dreams (for any of Stevie's Tusk material)

Everywhere (for Little Lies or Isn't it Midnight)

Over My Head (for Spare Me a Little--yes, Spare Me a Little!)
Old 06-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and that boring as all hell version of Over My Head (compare to the '76-'77 versions...) .

It is an incredibly boring verison of the song isn't it? Why couldn't they have one Oh Daddy on the DVD like they did on the tour that followed. And your right Over My Head was always really good live but that Dance version is one of the worst performances of a song Fleetwood Mac have ever done.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 06-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
It is an incredibly boring verison of the song isn't it? Why couldn't they have one Oh Daddy on the DVD like they did on the tour that followed. And your right Over My Head was always really good live but that Dance version is one of the worst performances of a song Fleetwood Mac have ever done.
LOL that's harsh but I think you're right, it's right up there. It's not necessarily an incorrect performance, per se, but it's utterly lifeless and completely dull. Compare it to the Over My Head on the 1980 Live album - like two different bands doing two different songs.

Oh Daddy would have been a much more solid performance, though I have seen people consider it too pretty lifeless...in particular because it followed what was typically a lively Stand Back on The Dance Tour.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I liked My Little Demon a lot. But I think the following songs should have been swapped out for others:

Dreams (for any of Stevie's Tusk material)

Everywhere (for Little Lies or Isn't it Midnight)

Over My Head (for Spare Me a Little--yes, Spare Me a Little!)
Yeah I don't know what it is, I'm one of the few people who really has no use for My Little Demon. Never did care for it and still do not.

LOL about Dreams...I agree, it could take a respite...but I don't think that day will ever happen and it sure as hell wasn't going to happen in 1997! The Mac's only US #1, one of Stevie's self-professed "favorite songs" to perform live...

I actually liked Everywhere on The Dance (much improved over the album cut on Tango), but yeah, Little Lies or Isn't it Midnight...much better! Both of which would have fit right there in the setlist as well IMHO.

Oooh, I love the idea of Spare Me a Little. Bare Trees has a lot of fans and that song is a lot more well known than I think a lot of people give it credit for. What a great throwback to have had on The Dance...and a nice nod to the fact that the band existed many years before 1975.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah I don't know what it is, I'm one of the few people who really has no use for My Little Demon. Never did care for it and still do not.

LOL about Dreams...I agree, it could take a respite...but I don't think that day will ever happen and it sure as hell wasn't going to happen in 1997! The Mac's only US #1, one of Stevie's self-professed "favorite songs" to perform live...

I actually liked Everywhere on The Dance (much improved over the album cut on Tango), but yeah, Little Lies or Isn't it Midnight...much better! Both of which would have fit right there in the setlist as well IMHO.

Oooh, I love the idea of Spare Me a Little. Bare Trees has a lot of fans and that song is a lot more well known than I think a lot of people give it credit for. What a great throwback to have had on The Dance...and a nice nod to the fact that the band existed many years before 1975.
I agree that Everywhere is better on the Dance than on Tango. That point alone makes it a good inclusion.

It was a reunion of this particular lineup after 10 years and also 20 years after Rumours......and they played all songs from that lineup and most of Rumours. Most other tours they've played other material....that wasn't the point of this reunion I don't think. So I have no problem with them ignoring pre-75 material.