The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Which lady of the Mac do you prefer?
Stevie Nicks 58 53.21%
Christine McVie 25 22.94%
I can't decide 3 2.75%
I like both equally 11 10.09%
can I vote for Lindsey? He has a girls' name and a girly voice 8 7.34%
Screw 'em, I wanna vote for someone else, like Grace Slick 4 3.67%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I certainly don't hang on Stevie. In fact here's a secret.....Her solo stuff is some of the most unremarkable music i've heard

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course I elected Stevie,But I truly miss Christine,I dearly miss her in the band.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ooh this was a hard one. I love both Stevie and Christine equally... and have a soft spot for Grace Slick xD

I went with Stevie though. Both ladies have one Mac album where I think they're lackluster (Christine - Tusk. Stevie - Tango) so I went on Solo work - Christine's is pleasant, but Stevie's interests me more xO

Old 05-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Personally, that's how I feel about Miss Nicks. How people could hang on to some of the drivel she's produced is beyond me. Furthermore, her fans act as though she's just as relevant in 2010 as she was in 1981. Please. She hasn't done anything truly worthwhile in the music industry on her own since 1989.
Matt
Hey, I'm a big Christine fan. Everyone knows that. But I also think Stevie has done very relevant things since 1989. "Blue Denim" is among her best solo songs, as is "Planets." I also think some of her songs on Say You Will are amazing. "Illume" packs a wallop.

Do I think her fame is due primarily to music written and performed before 1982? Yes. But she is still capable of making good relevant music when she chooses to.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Ooh this was a hard one. I love both Stevie and Christine equally... and have a soft spot for Grace Slick xD

I went with Stevie though. Both ladies have one Mac album where I think they're lackluster (Christine - Tusk. Stevie - Tango) so I went on Solo work - Christine's is pleasant, but Stevie's interests me more xO
Someone else thinks christine was weak on Tusk. Thank god I thought I was the only one

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
Someone else thinks christine was weak on Tusk. Thank god I thought I was the only one
She was never weak. One night in a drunken rage she lifted John up by his ears and tossed him off the sailboat into the harbor.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Guys...if we didn't talk about Bekka, who would?

My girl of Fleetwood Mac is Lindsey!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I agree that the poll should have included Bekka...
I disagree. This is the Rumours Forum... Bekka wasn't in the Rumours lineup. That's just cut and dry facts, no emotions involved.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I disagree. This is the Rumours Forum... Bekka wasn't in the Rumours lineup. That's just cut and dry facts, no emotions involved.
But Grace Slick gets an option?

Why aren't you in chat?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love how people use this excuse, yet there is no general Fleetwood Mac forum on these boards. Therefore I still say Bekka should have been included.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
I love how people use this excuse, yet there is no general Fleetwood Mac forum on these boards. Therefore I still say Bekka should have been included.
I Second!

Let's have a vote...
Old 05-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Hey, I'm a big Christine fan. Everyone knows that. But I also think Stevie has done very relevant things since 1989. "Blue Denim" is among her best solo songs, as is "Planets." I also think some of her songs on Say You Will are amazing. "Illume" packs a wallop.

Do I think her fame is due primarily to music written and performed before 1982? Yes. But she is still capable of making good relevant music when she chooses to.
Ummmm, "capable of making good...music"?? Yes.

But, "relevant"?? Uhhhh, no.

"Relevant" to her own fans & Fleetwood Mac fans...probably.

But to the world in general? I repeat, uhhhh, no.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
But Grace Slick gets an option?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
F***ing myopic Rumours-ites. I don't give a rat's ass (sorry Vicky) WHAT era Bekka was in, what Forum it was posted in, in referring to "Ladies Of The Mac", Bekka should be included, since she WAS an official member of Fleetwood Mac, whether anyone likes it or not. Hell, I have had to put up with Buckingham & Nicks being "Fleetwood Mac members", YOU have to put up with Bekka, Dave Mason, et al. Fact of life...get the F*** over it.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Ummmm, "capable of making good...music"?? Yes.

But, "relevant"?? Uhhhh, no.

"Relevant" to her own fans & Fleetwood Mac fans...probably.

But to the world in general? I repeat, uhhhh, no.
Well that is completely false. I am 20 years old and all of my friends know who she is. She's the hot blond who is in Fleetwood Mac that sings the song about the "one-winged dove." Sorry you are bitter, but Stevie is a common name in this world.

I work in the radiology department of my local hospital. It is a very boring place where many of my workers are miserable. The other day one of the X-ray tech's put on 93.7fm online radio. Edge of 17 came on and everyone cheered up. I started singing it after the song was over and my coworker came up to me and said: "I know right, Stevie Nicks! That was like a little mini boost of energy for this time of the day."

PS Landslide is played before bed by every stoner in the greater Boston area.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Well that is completely false. I am 20 years old and all of my friends know who she is. She's the hot blond who is in Fleetwood Mac that sings the song about the "one-winged dove." Sorry you are bitter, but Stevie is a common name in this world.

I work in the radiology department of my local hospital. It is a very boring place where many of my workers are miserable. The other day one of the X-ray tech's put on 93.7fm online radio. Edge of 17 came on and everyone cheered up. I started singing it after the song was over and my coworker came up to me and said: "I know right, Stevie Nicks! That was like a little mini boost of energy for this time of the day."

PS Landslide is played before bed by every stoner in the greater Boston area.
Knowing who Stevie Nicks is, appreciating her music, and her being "relevant" in the scheme of the entertainment business are two different things. She (and Fleetwood Mac) are probably the least relevant artists in music biz today. Who IS relevant? Justin Beiber (or whatever his name is), the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, etc. That's a fact. I've had to learn to accept it, why can't you? Heck, just about every artist I like (and that's a LENGTHY list) is "irrelevant" in the scheme of things.

Has absoLUTELY nothing to do with me "being bitter"...which I'm not in the f***ing least. And a pox on you for even suggesting that.