Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2003, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation THE KICKING INCIDENT

Quote:
Originally posted by Cammie
[BChris said LB should not have treated the paying
customers that way!!! Sensible Chris!! Miss her!

There is much more...but you all mentioned most! [/B]
The only thing I remembered from Mick's account of this is that after Chris had apparently thrown the drink in LB's face backstage after the show, she then (according to Mick) said "Do ever do that to THIS BAND again". Sorry Mick, even though Chris is/was in your good books, that doesn't mean she shared this supossed life long mission (Mick has) to "keep FM going at all costs" (which I think is Mick BS anyways). Pass the barf bags. (JMHO though)

John
Old 09-12-2003, 10:09 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally posted by AliP
I thought it was also mentioned in the 1997 Rolling Stone article on them.

I have a pretty strong feeling that they got their information from Mick's book.
Quote:
Originally posted by TwoTricky
This is very true! They put their pants on one leg at a time...and use the toilet just like the rest of us

Reminds me of when my brother and I were reading the 'liner notes' in the Enchanted CD Box Set and Stevie wrote "...as usual I am sitting here in the beautfiul bathroom...my sanctuary...through the Good and Bad times, and many of my favorite songs have been written right here in this very room, the famous ones...the ones you hear on the radio..."

I starting laughing hysterically, 'cause all I could picture was Stevie 'on the hopper' writing..."I Can't Wait..."
I thought the same thing! I'll never listen to her music the same way again! How about "Stand Back"?!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:11 PM

Gives new meaning to the title "Rooms on Fire"!!

I'll stop now!!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wasn't that Rolling Stone article a bunch of excerpts from Mick's book? Again, possibly a fallacy that is repeated and passed down in print and hearsay to the point where....no one knows for sure what is truth and what it rumour.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Wish I never knew....

Quote:
Originally posted by Cammie
LB has to flip the guitar cord to get it out of the way and Stevie
tripped over it and he started to kick it away and ... maybe...kicked her as she twirled too close!
Well.... I hate to say it, but... I kinda doubt that. I hate to believe Lindsey would kick Stevie on purpose, but if he was drunk/high and she was doing one of her Rhiannon collapses on the floor, maybe he was kicking her just to see if she were still alive!

Just teasing, you all know I love Stevie's Rhiannon collapses!

P.S Apparently RS asked everyone about this. It was confirmed by all except LB, who said something to the effect of "I don't remember it quite like that."

Old 09-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Question Stevie? Lipo?! WTF?

Quote:
What actually occured is that sometime after the "Shake the Cage" tour and before the release of TOSOTM Stevie had liposuction on her hips when she gained weight again the weight went to other areas.
Ewwwwwww! Stevie? Liposuction! I repeat: Ewwwwwwwwwwww!

Hey, BombaySapphire3, where did you learn about this?
Old 09-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara
Mick and Stevie together... I still scratch my head sometimes...
Even from a guys point of view.....Stevie's taste in men hasn't been exactly the best over the years. Eck - Mick Fleetwood. Especially 1978 Mick Fleetwood. UGH.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Wish I never knew....

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
P.S Apparently RS asked everyone about this. It was confirmed by all except LB, who said something to the effect of "I don't remember it quite like that."
I doubt we'll ever hear Lindsey say: "Oh well she was going into that bellowing 'all the same' **** AGAIN, and then she was being theatrical collapsing onto the stage...so I said, oh f*ck this ****...*kick* - 'Take THAT!'"

Though, that'd be a great interview!
Old 09-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
i never knew about her "troubles" with alcohol....is this fairly recent? i know on the Dance best buy cd she said she still enjoyed having a glass of wine....maybe she quit drinking and maybe this is one of the things that Lindsey refers to as "taking care of some personal matters"???
I don't think it's so much of an alcoholic problem...but Chris did enjoy dippin in the sauce. If you listen to some of the Mirage concerts, I'm fairly certain that she was drunk for all of 1982.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jmn3
I don't think it's so much of an alcoholic problem...but Chris did enjoy dippin in the sauce. If you listen to some of the Mirage concerts, I'm fairly certain that she was drunk for all of 1982.
How about the Tusk tour???? One of the security guards told us that she was so drunk they had to drag her out of the car.

As for Lindsey kicking Stevie. I distinctly remember a conversation I had with Michael Brocaw, his manager during the 80's and early 90's. He said to me about the incident at Christine's house that Lindsey pushed her against the garage door because she attacked him but he never hit her. However, he did kick her in the ankles onstage when she was in his way during a guitar solo and he'd say something like:"This is my song, get the f*ck out of my way". But, said Michael, it never was serious, he never really hurt her. It was just his way of saying:"It's my time to be in the spotlights now so get out". Fortunately that's all history now and they're hugging and kissing.

But as far as the incident at Christine's house goes ~ I have it on video that Stevie tells the story and I believe her. I didn't believe Mick's book because both Michael and Lindsey said that he wrote it by heart and he was high all the time. Lindsey denied the whole thing so I believed him. Untill Stevie told the story herself in a BBC interview. She was really serious about it and very sincere.
Debbie

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 09-13-2003, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Asked by Gypsy
'Ewwwwwww! Stevie? Liposuction! I repeat: Ewwwwwwwwwwww!'

Hey, BombaySapphire3, where did you learn about this?

It was pretty well publicized at the time .Some other long time fans may be able to confirm it.Joan Rivers in her inimitably tacky way even quipped "Stevie Nicks had the fat sucked out of her thighs. they should have sucked the snot out of her nose"

Old 09-13-2003, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Wish I never knew....

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
Well.... I hate to say it, but... I kinda doubt that. I hate to believe Lindsey would kick Stevie on purpose, but if he was drunk/high and she was doing one of her Rhiannon collapses on the floor, maybe he was kicking her just to see if she were still alive!
Maybe that's what he was doing. I can see it happening, easily. You're on tour, you're exhausted, the backlash from the band is beginning to occur because album sales figures are disappointing throughout the tour, you're wishing you were in the Clash (figuratively speaking), you're drinking a lot, you're tired of the set list, tired of performing, tired of the whole Fleetwood Mac machine....

During yet another performance of "Rhiannon," your ex goes through her moves, which you have always thought were silly....

Yep, it could easily have happened. However, I do think fans really have latched onto this particular incident & blown it out of all proportion. There were probably numerous such occurrences among all members of the band on that tour. That performance was supposed to have been broadcast to Australian or New Zealand radio, yet no one I know of has ever heard it or heard about it. Why don't we ask Ken Caillat to put *that* on the DVD-Audio?!

As for Christine's drinking, she used to half-jokingly call herself a wino. Wine was her big vice (possibly sole vice), she said. But I never saw a performance she gave or heard one taped in which her keyboard playing was sloppy or not locked in to the rhythm section. You can't be bombed out of your skull & still lock in to the rhythm section (although you can be a little buzzed or "relaxed").
Old 09-13-2003, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by The Catdancer
But as far as the incident at Christine's house goes ~ I have it on video that Stevie tells the story and I believe her. I didn't believe Mick's book because both Michael and Lindsey said that he wrote it by heart and he was high all the time. Lindsey denied the whole thing so I believed him. Untill Stevie told the story herself in a BBC interview. She was really serious about it and very sincere.
Timothy White also referred to it in his cover story of the band for Musician magazine. But I haven't read that article recently so I don't remember how much putative violence he records. I'm off to the Blue Letter Archives (which I wish more of you consulted) to check it out!

Another, unrelated thing about Mick's book: So many fans question the accuracy & validity of it, & some even dismiss it entirely as a fabrication, but that's just lunacy on their part. That book has a lot of accuracy in it & a lot of useful data. Sure, much of it is filtered through Mick's zonked perspective & so doesn't provide a complete picture of the various incidents. Nonetheless, a lot of it is very entertaining & very reliable & useful. Stephen Davis is a plagiarist, & that's one thing about plagiarists. If they're stealing from Rolling Stone & Record & Musician & other magazines, at least you know they're on the mark with their facts!