User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Well said. I don't get why it's such a problem with this band. It would sure help the world remember FM for more than just Rumours all the time, the only album the media asks about. Featuring Tusk and Tango somewhere, as well as so many of the great songs in the songbook (pre-1975), would only help the band's exposure and legacy. Maybe the other acts you mentioned have larger audiences/higher turnout....or are just plain smart and want to keep things engaging without having to play same old same old same order for 50 gigs in a row.
The Fleetwood Mac machine does not want anything distracting or taking your attention away from the Rumours cash cow...
Old 04-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no, he was probably hoping we'd give up. but we kept putting signs up the whole show with WATL as a request. you can see him in one of the videos from that night, when the encore time came and we yelled for WATL, a friend of mine said "do at least one line!", he points towards something on the stage in front of him (t-shirt with WATL verses) and asks "one line of... what?" and points towards the shirt. then he just starts singing it. so he did it because we wouldn't get of his case. when he was done, you can see him waving his head like "can't believe they just made me do this".

i've seen more than 10 different bands in concert last year. practically every one of them mixes their setlist a bit. it's not just Bruce. not just Dave Matthews. or Grateful Dead. some mix up their setlist more, some less. but they all change it somewhat from show to show, and they all gave a great fully polished show, it's not like their performances were crappy (like what i've heard of GD). some bands change between playing 2 different albums in full on consecutive nights.
When did you do this and is it on youtube? What was the date and venue and year-I'd love to see it!
Old 04-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess the songs I'd really like to hear are "Love in Store" and "Think About Me".
Old 04-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What I want to hear on this tour .Spotlight on Chris and her music along with the Mac staple tunes .

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Something different.....ANYTHING different!!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Something different.....ANYTHING different!!
Yes you are right but the normal concert goer will say.

"Whats that song.I never heard it".

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
When did you do this and is it on youtube? What was the date and venue and year-I'd love to see it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efF0Bx9mbkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCCWd5zks10

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Angel" gets my vote by a long way. Its one of my favourite songs, ever.
I'd love to here it live again.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie looked like she had an absolute blast performing that song. So much so that she hasn't performed the song once in the past 30 years. She must not be able to remember the Tusk tour, like Mirage and Tango in the Night....lol
Old 04-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I guess the songs I'd really like to hear are "Love in Store" and "Think About Me".
DITTO!!!!!!!!! Those are the Christine songs I'd like to hear.

From Lindsey- Eyes of the World & I Know I'm Not Wrong. Those two come and go but I never get tired of them.

Stevie- SOTM but with that 3rd verse added and with the fire she had back when she sang it in the Mirage days. I'd take Straight Back too. Something different.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmonta4 View Post
DITTO!!!!!!!!! Those are the Christine songs I'd like to hear.

From Lindsey- Eyes of the World & I Know I'm Not Wrong. Those two come and go but I never get tired of them.

Stevie- SOTM but with that 3rd verse added and with the fire she had back when she sang it in the Mirage days. I'd take Straight Back too. Something different.
I think Love In Store sounded great when they performed it live.

Yeah, SOTM...I wasn't a fan of the arrangement. Stevie's vocals are there, but the sound, Lindsey's guitar for the chorus, the unnecessarily added "Sisters" over the instrumental...it just didn't rock or have much life to it.

I don't know if there is something I must hear. I've seen Lindsey solo, Stevie solo, and the band, so I've heard the standards. I'd just like to hear something new, surprising even, that makes this as memorable as my past concerts--oh, besides the fact that Christine is back and I can't wait to hear her songs live for the first time. I guess I must hear Little Lies...I just love how that song features all three vocalists. In fact, I think I appreciated Stevie's voice there more than in her own songs; weirdly, that's how much it stayed with me, her echo of Christine's words.

Last edited by bethelblues; 04-09-2014 at 08:25 PM..
Old 04-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
^Me too. Love both of those choices.

The Chain is a must for me.

Additionally I'd love to hear Seven Wonders, Hold Me, Angel, Monday Morning, & You Make Lovin Fun.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks elle,that was cool especially knowing the story behind it!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They need to finally do crystal live. Especially with Chris back to play the whole keyboard solo at the end. Just for the simple fact it's johns damned favorite song! Why don't they acknowledge that and play it for him. Really they should've played in 2013 instead of say goodbye. Or even better instead of without you. And we still could've gotten the endless stories with crystal in that spot.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-10-2014, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
They need to finally do crystal live. Especially with Chris back to play the whole keyboard solo at the end. Just for the simple fact it's johns damned favorite song! Why don't they acknowledge that and play it for him. Really they should've played in 2013 instead of say goodbye. Or even better instead of without you. And we still could've gotten the endless stories with crystal in that spot.
I agree 100%. I think a lot of people know this song too--FM pretends that the audience only knows the songs they play over and over again. Maybe they can't decide how to perform it...or Lindsey doesn't see it as one of his songs and neither does Stevie. So split the difference, do it as a duet for one of the encores, do it for John.