User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I dont think you are taking into consideration the press they are doing, traveling back and forth between hub cities each day, rehearsal time, voice coach time, etc. And from your recent posting history, you have no room to talk about whining...lol!

they're still using the press photo from the SYW tour...she's whining all the way to the bank.....
Old 05-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was kind of agreeing with the flow of the thread, but after Regina's comments, it seems like it more meshes with the truth- after going to the Tulsa show, I really felt better about Stevie- she gave it her all and was definitely looking like she was having fun, and I was totally expecting to see out-of-key singing and a bitter SN, given the reviews of her work so far.

So although I'm tempted to agree and say Stevie's out of order ,etc- I seem to think that it's a horrible misquote.

All we have that's actual quotes are:

"horrific"
"nearly killed all four"

For my money, the most likely quote (assuming there was one) is along the lines of:
"Yeah, the tour scheduling has been nothing short of horrific. It nearly killed all four of us."
The part we don't know is the next lines, which for all we know could be: But, we're glad we're touring again and it's worth it.

I doubt she made the tour comment in total isolation, there's more to it we simply didn't get to hear.

- Spike
Old 05-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post

"horrific"
"nearly killed all four"

For my money, the most likely quote (assuming there was one) is along the lines of:
"Yeah, the tour scheduling has been nothing short of horrific. It nearly killed all four of us."
The part we don't know is the next lines, which for all we know could be: But, we're glad we're touring again and it's worth it.

- Spike
I think everyone can understand that people sometimes tend to over-dramatize things in order to make a point or for comic effect, e.g., "...I could have died laughing," or "...please, just kill me now," etc. I think the "horrific" statement was probably just Stevie being a little dramatic. Nothing more. Admittedly there were some crazy 2-on/1-off stretches of one-nighters, which are rather unusual for this band. And as for the "nearly killed us" comment, could it be she was referring to the incident where lightning struck the plane in mid-flight? They were probably rushing to get to the next city despite the bad weather, and it literally nearly downed the airplane.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Yawn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Nope, I don't...but Stevie's been washed up for at LEAST 15 years already and comments like the one she (allegedly) made about the touring schedule, just confirms it.
Talk about bitter. Who is the one here who continue to go on and on about a version of this band who had little to no commercial or financial success and longs for the days of Peter Green. Talk about washed up.

Chili...like it or not, Stevie is beloved by a lot of people just like you like the old FM. One is not right or wrong...just the way it is. I really do my best to no longer post negative things on here about any other band member but everyone seems to just rail on Stevie all the time. Get over it...she has been the focus of Fleetwood Mac whether you like it or not for the last 30 years. Maybe she is trying to step back a bit and let Lindsey shine now. Who knows? But keep your negative B.S. to yourselves. If you cant say something nice...why say anything at all?
Old 05-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Aren't these dramatic comments part of why we love Stevie? I don't doubt that she said exactly those words, or something similar to it. It reminds me of the "being in the army" statements she has made several times. I agree that she is being a bit dramatic, but that is just one of the things I love about her--she is always so over the top and out there. I just have to shake my head and laugh: "Oh, Stevie, you're at it again . . . "

A
Old 05-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
She's only moaning cos she has no say in the schedule. It's all directed at Mick or someone in his management. She said almost the exact same thing about the Behind the Mask Tour dates (or whatever that tour was called), "
That's true. She was complaining that she didn't know where the band was going or doing from one day to the next. When you're in FM, you get a paper, get your marching orders, and you just show up where you're told or something, along those lines. I remember her saying that then. It's really no different than her saying Lindsey was the Ayatollah and they were hostages for Tusk. That's how she is.

But where Tusk was concerned, I think she's not the only one in the band who would say that the Tusk tour almost killed them all.

While I do want to see her whole statement and I hate when they are paraphrased, this sounds exactly like Stevie and I highly doubt she was taken out of context. For my money, she was talking about the grueling scheduling and nothing else. However, it doesn't mean that she was even upset when she said it or unhappy about the tour. The first leg was so short, she probably didn't have time to get seriously bothered. Now, I bet she wasn't smiling when she said this stuff, because she loves to deliver these lines in a deadpan manner, but she was being silly, as is her wont.

I just thought it was interesting that she said all 4 of them were nearly killed, indicating that the sentiment was universal.

Michele
Old 05-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
She's only moaning cos she has no say in the schedule. It's all directed at Mick or someone in his management. She said almost the exact same thing about the Behind the Mask Tour dates (or whatever that tour was called), "What is he trying to do, kill us?" (I'm paraphrasing, check the US Magazine Article interview from that era).
If she doesn't get to select the cities, in the order that she likes them, then they're not done right.
The reporter might've caught her when she was beat, too.
The band has a very active role in determining the schedule and routing. If they absolutely want certain days off during the schedule, they can have them. Each of them signed off on every single date on this tour- if any one of them had a problem, they would have found an alternative.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
The band has a very active role in determining the schedule and routing. If they absolutely want certain days off during the schedule, they can have them. Each of them signed off on every single date on this tour- if any one of them had a problem, they would have found an alternative.
Lindsey did say before the tour that he was taking his kids' spring break off and obviously he did, because Stevie just confirmed that's why they had the pause. And last tour he needed a pause to have a kid, which Stevie confirmed when they returned to Madison.

Actually, I plan my own schedule, but putting something on a calendar is a lot different than living through it, once the dates arise in real life. Somehow, I always think I have a lot more time and energy to do things a month before it's actually time to do them. Right now I'm scheduling myself to do things in mid-June and am quite gung ho, but I know I'll be crying the blues when June actually gets here.

Michele
Old 05-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScoop View Post
So many years have gone by and she seems to have done a whole lotta nothing.
I liked your post.

I think Stevie has done a lot of great work for charities & continues to do so, & she seems like a very nice lady, kind, gracious, well-bred. But maybe she doesn't have that desire to be a performer any more. I enjoyed her Soundstage from a few years ago (not the singing but the smiling & the commitment), but this Fleetwood Mac business drags her down (& probably drags them down, too, because of it).

If I were Stevie, I'd seriously consider getting off the road entirely & starting all those at-home projects she's always talked about: writing, painting, Rhiannoning, etc.

Something still drives her back out there, year after year. I don't know what it is, but I think it's some kind of negative impulse rather than a positive one (fear, for example, or anxiety or loneliness).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I liked your post.

I think Stevie has done a lot of great work for charities & continues to do so, & she seems like a very nice lady, kind, gracious, well-bred. But maybe she doesn't have that desire to be a performer any more. I enjoyed her Soundstage from a few years ago (not the singing but the smiling & the commitment), but this Fleetwood Mac business drags her down (& probably drags them down, too, because of it).

If I were Stevie, I'd seriously consider getting off the road entirely & starting all those at-home projects she's always talked about: writing, painting, Rhiannoning, etc.

Something still drives her back out there, year after year. I don't know what it is, but I think it's some kind of negative impulse rather than a positive one (fear, for example, or anxiety or loneliness).
Rhiannoning I love it.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Adulation addiction - "the applause from it all is so defining...and it bounces off the wall at you...when that miracle is happeniiiiiing...high priestess, she's the keeper of the peace in this...twice as much intensified...what people will do...to get...this...HIIIIIIIGH!"

I believe a lot of performers get addicted to the rush of being applauded and screaming fans - whether it's in a tiny club of 250 people or an arena with 10,000+. And when they get off the road, they get post-tour depression. The only cure for that is to get back out on the road again. It was clear that she ate up the surprise element and the crowd's reaction to it when she toured with Petty, and when she sauntered from the shadows to join Henley on "Hotel California." I'm sure the adrenaline and endorphin rushes are just as good as snorting a line, without burning a hole through your nose.

Last edited by Livia; 05-05-2009 at 03:59 PM..
Old 05-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
I was kind of agreeing with the flow of the thread, but after Regina's comments, it seems like it more meshes with the truth- after going to the Tulsa show, I really felt better about Stevie- she gave it her all and was definitely looking like she was having fun, and I was totally expecting to see out-of-key singing and a bitter SN, given the reviews of her work so far.

So although I'm tempted to agree and say Stevie's out of order ,etc- I seem to think that it's a horrible misquote.

"horrific"
"nearly killed all four"

I doubt she made the tour comment in total isolation, there's more to it we simply didn't get to hear.

- Spike
I agree. Well said
Old 05-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think one reason she continues to go out on the road with Fleetwood mac is out of loyalty.
John & Mick survive mostly on the income from touring. And then there's the other people who depend on Stevie for a living.
Mick once said she was an audience addict so she rises to the occasion-but I am sure that's not the only reason.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Talk about bitter. Who is the one here who continue to go on and on about a version of this band who had little to no commercial or financial success and longs for the days of Peter Green. Talk about washed up.
Little or no financial success in the USA but in Europe they were one of the biggest bands around for a while. Didn't they sell more than The Beatles and the Stones one year? (I remember reading that somewhere but it may just be wishful thinking...)

Quote:
Maybe she is trying to step back a bit and let Lindsey shine now. Who knows? But keep your negative B.S. to yourselves. If you cant say something nice...why say anything at all?
She complained about Lindsey being too much of a guy or having too much attention (or whatever) on the SYW tour so I don't think she's sitting back and giving him his space. If anything she probably wants him reigned in a bit.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I dont think you are taking into consideration the press they are doing, traveling back and forth between hub cities each day, rehearsal time, voice coach time, etc. And from your recent posting history, you have no room to talk about whining...lol!
Yeah..its not just the 3 hour show...there's way more to their day than that.