User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
Hell, I have seen bootlegs that are better packaged than an official release..."Live in Boston" looks like a Jr.High art student pieced it together.
If I had the original images they used for this cover, I could make something more professional in less than 10 minutes.

Did they actually pay someone to do this?
Old 02-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
If I had the original images they used for this cover, I could make something more professional in less than 10 minutes.

Did they actually pay someone to do this?
I know many a fan who took pictures that would have been a superior cover to the actual artwork used....

Knowing Mick, he payed someone half a quadrillion dollars in Monopoly money for the artwork used

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

It's pretty poorly pieced together if you ask me, it is a live album though so i'll cut 'em some slack.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not a fan of this album cover. I never liked the giant "Cousin It" Stevie.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Today, I passed the Staples center and they had Fleetwood Mac on the Billboard for this summer. They used the same band photo from the SYW tour. I guess the members have decided they want SYW photos etched on their graves.

Anyway, it was good to see that towering picture of them as I passed, but then when the Billboard image changed, it was Taylor Swift and she will be playing Staples for four dates in August. So, I felt jealous and a little sad.

Michele
Old 02-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would imagine the proportions of the pics of the various members were not accidental but very carefully negotiated by managers. It establishes Stevie's dominance/prominence/drawing power. Lindsey seems far too diminished however. And really, the two guys whose NAMES are the band's name are teeny.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I would imagine the proportions of the pics of the various members were not accidental but very carefully negotiated by managers. It establishes Stevie's dominance/prominence/drawing power. Lindsey seems far too diminished however. And really, the two guys whose NAMES are the band's name are teeny.
Yes, and if we get a new picture for this tour, it's going to be the same way. Lindsey's name came first and the only way that happened is if they bargained for her to have picture prominence on something else.

For the Staples commercial (which has been airing every night here during AC360), Stevie comes first and Lindsey is last, the anchor position.

Michele
Old 02-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Not a fan of this album cover. I never liked the giant "Cousin It" Stevie.
That's very funny - the Cousin It reference! I wonder how many people caught the Addams Family reference.

I agree with the comments made by other Ledgies. The design quality is at the level of a high-school amateur or Chris Nicks. The disparate proportions of the band members is a huge graphic flaw. It's just a thrown together mess. I don't understand why a band of their stature puts out product that is so visually inferior. Their tour programs (along with Stevie's solo tour programs) are also really embarrassingly bad.

I see so many other artists who give much more care and attention to their packaging, with really beautifully inspired and innovative, professional quality graphics. It's a huge shame that they (Fleetwood Mac/Stevie/Lindsey) seem totally clueless and careless about that. They just defer to talentless hacks. Any number of Ledgies here could produce exceptional and stunning designs, and we'd do it for free!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 02-22-2013 at 03:11 PM..
Old 02-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I suppose it's OK for a live album, but not creative in any way. Did an intern prepare this cover art? I'd bet the band wasn't even involved. They were probably given proofs and just waved a hand in approval.
I worked for a design firm and Fleetwood Mac was brought in to design this album artwork and tweak their logo. Sadly, it was scrapped as the band was being SUPER cheap, cheap, cheap. Lindsey was the one who thought it all was a waste of money and was a pain to deal with.

The cover is awful, I've seen nicer bootleg art. That light spot is absolutely the worst.