Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy No FRIENDS fans?

So Friends is over. I've not seen the last episode yet, I have to wait some weeks since latinamerican WB has some delays.

Glad to know Ross and Rachel ended together. I was a true fan during the first seasons. Humour was a bit weak in the last ones, though it still was a great show. I will miss them.

I remember specially the episodes when Ross married the english girl and everybody (but Phoebe) went to London. It was the beginning of the Chandler-Monica affair.

And Phoebe's brother with his old fianceé, cool moments too!
Old 05-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
So Friends is over. I've not seen the last episode yet, I have to wait some weeks since latinamerican WB has some delays.

Glad to know Ross and Rachel ended together. I was a true fan during the first seasons. Humour was a bit weak in the last ones, though it still was a great show. I will miss them.

I remember specially the episodes when Ross married the english girl and everybody (but Phoebe) went to London. It was the beginning of the Chandler-Monica affair.

And Phoebe's brother with his old fianceé, cool moments too!
I watched the finale. The show was much funnier early on, but I'm glad they wrapped it the way they did.
I hate it when shows end with everybody moving away or somebody dying.

- Jake
Old 05-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
I hate it when shows end with everybody moving away or somebody dying.
Uh, I remember they killed Jen at Dawson's Creek finale. Very emotive but too sad. She didn't deserve to die.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
Uh, I remember they killed Jen at Dawson's Creek finale. Very emotive but too sad. She didn't deserve to die.
I watched that episode, the only one of that show I've ever seen. Naturally I can't say that I was terribly affected, but show finale deaths always seem unnecessary. Anybody watch I'll Fly Away?

- Jake
Old 05-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG..I will miss Friends SO much...I've been a fan since season one...I was a freshman in high school when that show began...and I've loved it ever since...

I enjoyed the finale, I was glad that Gunther finally told Rachel about his feelings...I was sad about the foos ball table...BUT loved what Joey got Monica and Chandler as a going away present or whatever...

I am especially happy that Ross and Rachel ended up together...all in all I enjoyed the final ep...I laughed...I cried...etc... Luckily the show will live on forever in syndication and DVD...
Old 05-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
OMG..I will miss Friends SO much...I've been a fan since season one...I was a freshman in high school when that show began...and I've loved it ever since...

I enjoyed the finale, I was glad that Gunther finally told Rachel about his feelings...I was sad about the foos ball table...BUT loved what Joey got Monica and Chandler as a going away present or whatever...

I am especially happy that Ross and Rachel ended up together...all in all I enjoyed the final ep...I laughed...I cried...etc... Luckily the show will live on forever in syndication and DVD...
Syndication makes it easier to say goodbye, doesn't it?
Still, I am not looking forward to the end of Raymond next season, though I hardly watch the new episodes these days.

- Jake
Old 05-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say that i'm glad it's over. I watched the finale and I hadn't really watched the show in years. I'm also glad that Frasier is finally making its way off of NBC. I never understood why people loved that show so much and why he won 25 million Emmy Awards for his portrayal of Frasier.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I have to say that i'm glad it's over. I watched the finale and I hadn't really watched the show in years. I'm also glad that Frasier is finally making its way off of NBC. I never understood why people loved that show so much and why he won 25 million Emmy Awards for his portrayal of Frasier.
I never liked Kelsey Grammer much. I think he was just too celebrity-esque from the start.

- Jake
Old 05-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I never liked Kelsey Grammer much. I think he was just too celebrity-esque from the start.

- Jake
Agreed. Totally jaded.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. Totally jaded.
But Bebe/Lilith is cool.

- Jake
Old 05-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But Bebe/Lilith is cool.

- Jake
Bebe Neuwirth is AMAZING. She was hysterical as Lilith and brilliant in Chicago The Musical (stage version) as Velma Kelly. She's from Princeton
Old 05-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I enjoy Frasier, when I catch it on...it's not a show I've ever been hooked on...but I've caught a few episodes here and there...I find it enjoyable...but Kelsey Grammer does have a pretensiousness about him...I may have mutilated that word...it's late and I'm tired...haha....anyway..I do think it's about time that show ended though...
Old 05-13-2004, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I LOVE Frasier, the writing is superb. Makes me lol every show.

Anyway, re: Friends. I'm a huge fan but I thought I really didn't care about the Ross & Rachel thing. Of course, when I was standing in the living room during the finale screaming "get off the plane!!!" I realized I obviously did want them together after all...

I've heard many people saying that they were disappointed in the finale, but I think they did what the majority of the fans wanted. They would have never lived it down had they NOT put R&R together or let Monica & Chandler have the babies.

Remember the hideous Seinfeld finale? UGH!

Paula
Old 05-13-2004, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The final series is still showing over here. I think we have a couple more episodes left
I love Friends.. have watched it since it started

Pip
Old 05-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
The final series is still showing over here. I think we have a couple more episodes left
I love Friends.. have watched it since it started

Pip
I hear it's big over there, right?

- Jake