User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I'm a huge fan of Julie Andrews! What's she like in the real world?

Pip
Have you seen the movie "Unconditional Love" with Rupert Everett and Kathy Bates, Pip? Julie was in that and she was absolutely hysterical.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid
I love the old Dick Van Dyke show too. But I had no interest in seeing the reunion show tonight. Reunion shows are usually bad and then I end up bummed out about it.
Anybody catch any of the Facts Of Life reunion?

- Jake
Old 05-12-2004, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie816
Didn't bother with the reunion show, but I did watch the reruns as a kid...I had an uncle who was a fan of Morey Amsterdam (his character's name escapes me at the moment) and he use to call me Laurie Annsterdam all the time (Ann being my middle name).

But I am VERY excited about the Mary Poppins DVD My son watched his video EVERY SINGLE DAY from age 3 to 4 and he LOVED Dick Van Dyke's character, Bert....He use to walk around with my little fireplace broom, a black jacket that I had...a black scarf and a black cap all day long doing "Step in Time" every chance he got.
Cute.

- Jake
Old 05-12-2004, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Have you seen the movie "Unconditional Love" with Rupert Everett and Kathy Bates, Pip? :
That's the one with Stevie singing the theme, right?

- Jake
Old 05-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
That's the one with Stevie singing the theme, right?

- Jake
Ugh. That would've ruined the movie!

Old 05-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Leigh
Ok I cannot WAIT to see this show... i COMPLETELY forgot to set my vcr to tape before i went to work tonight.... but my mom is fedexing me a copy....

i am like one of the biggest DVD show fans ever.. i have all of the episodes on tape... and when i was in jr high i wrote fan letters to all of the cast members who are still alive and they all sent me autographed photos back (except for Dick... never heard back from him) i have met Mary (yay mary!) and literally ran into Dick on my way to the restroom at a restaurant on my 19th bday... when i turned around and recognized who it was i was too freaked and stunned to say anything

i really hope this special isn't that bad... i agree that most of the time reunion specials are way lame... anyone remember the Mary and Rhoda special from 4 years ago? uh yeah... really lame... barely got through it...
It wasn't awful (reminded me of Lucy's failed sitcom in the late 80s), but I fell asleep early on. Also, the laugh track was annoying.

- Jake
Old 05-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm a huge fan of Julie Andrews! What's she like in the real world?

Pip
Pip, she is a total class act. She strolled in the stage the first day looking like a million bucks. Every group of people she walked by, she piped out "Good Morning !" in that unmistakable voice. Extremely nice and friendly. She worked a few days with two kids, and was so loving and supportive of them, praising them and making them feel comfortable. She even did a little singing one day, which was unbelievable. Unlike many performers of her stature, she was willing to sign things, take photos with people, and even signed my friends script to his mother for Mother's Day. His Mother, who was a nun, has been a Julie fanatic her whole life and will be thrilled. What a treat to meet her and watch her work.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Pip, she is a total class act. She strolled in the stage the first day looking like a million bucks. Every group of people she walked by, she piped out "Good Morning !" in that unmistakable voice. Extremely nice and friendly. She worked a few days with two kids, and was so loving and supportive of them, praising them and making them feel comfortable. She even did a little singing one day, which was unbelievable. Unlike many performers of her stature, she was willing to sign things, take photos with people, and even signed my friends script to his mother for Mother's Day. His Mother, who was a nun, has been a Julie fanatic her whole life and will be thrilled. What a treat to meet her and watch her work.
::jealous:: !!!

Glad to hear she is as I imagined in real life. I would love to meet her. Is her voice ok now? I read that she had problem after an op and might never sing again

Pip
Old 05-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Have you seen the movie "Unconditional Love" with Rupert Everett and Kathy Bates, Pip? Julie was in that and she was absolutely hysterical.
I have never seen this movie! I must look it out... Rupert Everett is excellent too!

My daughter loves The Princess Diaries.... my fave Julie movie has to be Thoroughly Modern Millie!!

Pip
Old 05-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
::jealous:: !!!

Glad to hear she is as I imagined in real life. I would love to meet her. Is her voice ok now? I read that she had problem after an op and might never sing again

Pip
Pip

Her voice was damaged. Her range is only about an octave and much deeper. She only sang a little bit, and there is a little scratchiness to her voice. But, it is still her. I heard she recorded a song that was written just for her - though I have yet to hear it. Regardless of the damage to her voice, just hearing it is pretty miraculous.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Pip

Her voice was damaged. Her range is only about an octave and much deeper. She only sang a little bit, and there is a little scratchiness to her voice. But, it is still her. I heard she recorded a song that was written just for her - though I have yet to hear it. Regardless of the damage to her voice, just hearing it is pretty miraculous.
Julie is the best!
Old 05-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have never seen this movie! I must look it out... Rupert Everett is excellent too!

My daughter loves The Princess Diaries.... my fave Julie movie has to be Thoroughly Modern Millie!!

Pip
The Princess Diaries sequel comes out in August. I read that she recorded a song for it and has practically gotten her entire voice back; the article I read said the people on the set were astonished!!!!

Old 05-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Pip
HEY PIP! Thoroughly Modern Millie is one of my favorite movies!! tap tap tap tap tap tap tapioca every body slap slap..... too much fun!

and carol channing is TOTALLY cool in that movie!!! RASPBERRIES!!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Julie is the best!
Nobody plays a nanny like she does.

- Jake
Old 05-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ugh. That would've ruined the movie!
Why, because you don't want to see Kathy Bates looking like a Charles Dickens character?

- Jake