Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Liberitarian

No taxes and legalized weed. Sounds good to me.

Old 05-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I think the people killed in C's bombings and military actions that were done without the UN's approval would say they were treated unfairly. But, Clinton can operate without UN approval and for humanitarian reasons and the D's applaude.
You can't equate Clinton's military actions to Bush's actual, full-fledged war with not one, but two different foreign countries. And enough with the UN conspiracy theories. Man, I beg of you-please stop watching Fox News!
Old 05-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe
You can't equate Clinton's military actions to Bush's actual, full-fledged war with not one, but two different foreign countries. And enough with the UN conspiracy theories. Man, I beg of you-please stop watching Fox News!
So, you think we should not have invaded Afganistan? We should just have believed them that OBL could never have done the actions of 9/11 and even if he did, they would not turn him over because they did not know where he was I mean come on. You crazy liberals say the strangest things sometime

Moreover, all W did was do what the UN should have done but for France, Russia, and Kofi's bribe taking. Or do you refute the fact that SH sold all three discounted oil, which has been proven.

Again, i am not saying I agree with W, I am just saying you make it sound like the US had no reasons to go into Iraq, which I submit the facts do not support. Now who is the conspiracy theorist

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 05-11-2004 at 12:17 PM..
Old 05-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, you think we should not have invaded Afganistan? We should just have believed them that OBL could never have done the actions of 9/11 and even if he did, they would not turn him over because they did not know where he was I mean come on. You crazy liberals say the strangest things sometime

Moreover, all W did was do what the UN should have done but for France, Russia, and Kofi's bribe taking. Or do you refute the fact that SH sold all three discounted oil, which has been proven.

Again, i am not saying I agree with W, I am just saying you make it sound like the US had no reasons to go into Iraq, which I submit the facts do not support. Now who is the conspiracy theorist
Well, the Bush admins. track record on going against terrorism up until Afghanistan was pretty bad (i.e. the Cole bombing investigation that they were in charge of) because they thought if they did anything to combat terrorist attacks, it would become a "tit for tat" situation. Whatever that means.

And the US had no reason to go into Iraq. None at all. I don't buy this horse**** about Shrub not knowing that Saddam had no weapons. He knew all along but went in anyway for obvious reasons that I won't go into because we've discussed it 6,770,835,092 times over.

Old 05-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
. . . I won't go into because we've discussed it 6,770,835,092 times over.
Ain't that the truth

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did I say that I didn't support the Afganistan action? No. I didn't. We were justified in going in there and trying to find OBL--which I'd like to point out we still haven't found. Maybe if we would have shaken down some of the many Saudi citizens and Bin Laden family relations we allowed to leave this country in the days immediatly following 9/11 one of them could have told us something useful about his probable whereabouts. Oh that's right-we can't ask the Saudis anything and just because their citizens were mostly responsible for the actions of 9/11--why, that doesn't mean they aren't bad people, right? Yeah, whatever.

Anyway, I will admit to having had huge problems with the logic behind invading Iraq. The evidence simply wasn't there to warrant our actions in that country. And don't tell me Saddam's a bad man. No ****. But so are half-a-dozen leaders in countries around the world who pose a far greater and proven threat to the US (South Korea, anyone?). Why not remove them first? Hmm. . gee, could it be because there aren't any oil reserves in those countries?

And forget about the argument about creating a model of democracy in the Muslim world. It ain't gonna happen. Ever. Especially not now.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
He's not a Republican, he just plays one on the board to piss us off.

Seriously, Vince Foster's death is HIGHLY suspicious (and I have many reservations about him killing himself), and no one can ever accuse me of being a Rethug.
Interestingly enough, Linda Tripp was close to that situation too. Makes you wonder.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Makes you wonder.
Her face has that effect on me, too.

Old 05-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
No taxes and legalized weed. Sounds good to me.
Not so fast. Patty Buchanan is really a Lib too.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not so fast. Patty Buchanan is really a Lib too.

I should've known; he is the biggest isolationist I've ever seen. And he licks Rethuglican ass at every opportunity.

Old 05-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I think the role of Israel in 9/11 has never been fully investigated becasue the minute someone brings that up, people start screaming anti-semitism. At first, we were being told that the Palestinians were taking credit for it. there's a whole lot that doesn't flow right with the administration's 9/11 story.
As far as invading Iraq, well that has certainly worked out well, now hasn't it? How much is gas now? They think we are so simple minded. For the most part, they are right.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Her face has that effect on me, too.
Paid for by a friend of Hillary's. Weirder.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How much is gas now?
Over $2 for regular in my area.

Old 05-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Over $2 for regular in my area.
On CNN last night, I heard $3.11 in CA.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Paid for by a friend of Hillary's. Weirder.
Her "new" hair made her look like a white-trash country singer who moonlights at the biker bar down the road from her double-wide. It was awful. She went nuts with the Gheri curls.