Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2004, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default All Things Mothers

Three thoughts for everybody:

Happy Mothers Day to the Ledgie Mamas!

Anybody do something special for the day?
- I am far from my family but will be talking later on Sunday of course. Sent a gift. Can't top last year: I flew in & my brother & I took her to the Mac concert.

Tell me about your mom.
- My mom is pretty amazing. Funny, strong, talented, smart, popular, friendly, energetic, and forgiving. I'm lucky to have her.

- Jake
Old 05-09-2004, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Three thoughts for everybody:

Happy Mothers Day to the Ledgie Mamas!

Anybody do something special for the day?
- I am far from my family but will be talking later on Sunday of course. Sent a gift. Can't top last year: I flew in & my brother & I took her to the Mac concert.

Tell me about your mom.
- My mom is pretty amazing. Funny, strong, talented, smart, popular, friendly, energetic, and forgiving. I'm lucky to have her.

- Jake
We probably won't do anything...we never do. My mom and I are like passing ships in the night so when we are home at the same time, we tend to stay out of each others way. As far as gifts go, she saw a pair of shoes she wanted so I bought them for her. She's obsessed with Simply Red and she's pretty sure they're about to go on tour (i have no idea) and expressed wanting tickets for that if they are so I might get those for her as well later on down the line. Her big gift (and mine) and my dads nightmare is that i'm leaving for three days
Old 05-09-2004, 05:32 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you for the Mom's Day wishes Jake

Your Mom sounds like an wonderful woman, and she's obviously done a fine job

My mom is my best friend. She may be approaching 60 but she's very youthful in spirit. We could find humor in just about EVERYTHING...which got us through some hard times and still continues to this day. She smart, funny, warm, kind, a friend to all. I'm very lucky to have her.

My husband took me out to dinner last night for Mother's Day and later on we will be going over my Mom's for a BBQ (hopefully the rain will hold off) and four generations will be together today!!

Happy Mother's Day to the Mom's
Old 05-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Happy Mother's Day...

to all the Mother's of the world, Please teach your children to love so all this HATRED in the world will cease.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 05-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My mom has done the best she could...haha...circumstances were interesting for my sister and I growing up...and my sister is ten years older than I, but really my mom has done her best...and that's all anyone can ask of anyone...

She is proud of me and my sister and loves us...though sometimes has weird ways of showing it...and she has an issue with listening...like she doesn't lol...but she's the only mom I have...so I love her...and appreciate her and all she's done for me...because for sure the one thing I have learned is independence..and that's a great gift to have received from her...

I took her out a day early...we went to our city's Farmer's Market then to lunch at this really good local burger joint (I treated for Mom's Day) then I gave her a gift...'twas a good day indeed....
Old 05-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Happy Mothers day Ledge Mommas.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well we already had Mothers Day in the UK. My lovely children made m cards and brought me flowers.

My own mother... well what can I say. Walked out on us when I was 3. Saw her again at 19 which was a disaster.... no contact since the birth of my daughter. Life sucks at times!
Old 05-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I lost my Mom about seven years ago....but she was a great. She was a total Old World Mom. She came here from Germany in the early Fifties, so that kind of explains it. She made the best pickles and jam in the world ! She baked bread. She knitted blankets, crocheted doilies (which thankfully weren't EVERYWHERE). She entered her blankets in the state and county fairs and won ribbons for them. She even made clothes for my Teddy Bear when I was little. Every year after I left home, she sent me a tiny Easter basket, and because I loved her fruit cakes (no comments from the fruit cake hating brigade!), she made me one of those twenty pound concoctions every Christmas. If I wasn't home, she would send the monster through the mail.
Her favorite band was the Moody Blues, and she also liked Culture Club.
During the War, she snuck food to the French POW's in her town. Her Mother, a big, tough old gal, once told an SS Soldier to get the hell off of her
property and slammed the door in his face. Don't ask me how she got away with that. Grandma also once beat the hell out of a neighbor woman with a shoe because the lady wouldn't stop her son from picking on my Mom and taking HER shoes from her while they walked to school. I come from tough stock.

My mom rocked !
Old 05-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's awesome, sparky.

My mom's great. She's only 32 years old and is expecting her 8th child this August which anyone could admire her for. She homeschools and basically has just devoted her whole life to us monsters. Her, one of my sisters, my youngest brother and I went to a the spring dance concert today at the local arts center which was pretty boring... then this morning the whole family went to the church's pancake breakfast after Mass. A fellow huge (10 kids!) homeschooling family was there as well and with all of us combined, there wasn't enough room in the church hall to sit down, so we had to move outside!! It was fun.

"Being in this band really f**** up relationships with chicks."
-Lindsey Buckingham

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I adored him."
-Stevie Nicks

"Quite frankly, I think I can presume on Stevie's behalf that she wasn't too sad seeing Lindsey go."
-Mick Fleetwood

"I play bass."
-John McVie.

I love this band.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I live with my mom but I did spend alot of my teenage years with my grandmother who was more like a mom (gram passed away in 1997 and she is still missed) Mom and I, there are sometimes awkward moments but for the most part we get on fine. I took her out to dinner on Saturday to avoid crowds on Sunday and I bought her these beautiful hot pinkish-purple roses. She seemed to enjoy it all.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 05-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Happy Mothers Day!!

Hope all the Ledgie moms had a wonderful day!!

My mom worked today, but I will see her on Tuesday and am taking her out to lunch. Also, I sent her some roses, candy and a teddy bear yesterday.

My mom is cool. She's very outgoing and loves people, (I'm the total opposite. LOL!!) is caring and compassionate. She also doesn't look or act her age. Some of you met her in Dallas last year.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
We probably won't do anything...we never do. My mom and I are like passing ships in the night so when we are home at the same time, we tend to stay out of each others way. As far as gifts go, she saw a pair of shoes she wanted so I bought them for her. She's obsessed with Simply Red and she's pretty sure they're about to go on tour (i have no idea) and expressed wanting tickets for that if they are so I might get those for her as well later on down the line. Her big gift (and mine) and my dads nightmare is that i'm leaving for three days
They say mother/daughter relationships are a thing unto themselves. I won't even pretend to know what it's like to be in one.

- Jake
Old 05-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
My gift to my mother: I waited on her at my cafe.

My mother is a raving lunatic disguised in an average middle-aged woman's body. She hates FM and kicked me out of home for going to the conerts, then proceeded to accept me back home later in the afternoon. Obviously my mother would prefer that I appear dead to the world and show no interest in anything. She also believes the world will come to an end when I sleep in.

Damn, I knew any mention of mothers day would lead me into a rant. Stop it self.
Sorry to hear that. I hope you both have other family members to lean on when you need to.

- Jake
Old 05-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie816
Thank you for the Mom's Day wishes Jake

Your Mom sounds like an wonderful woman, and she's obviously done a fine job

My mom is my best friend. She may be approaching 60 but she's very youthful in spirit. We could find humor in just about EVERYTHING...which got us through some hard times and still continues to this day. She smart, funny, warm, kind, a friend to all. I'm very lucky to have her.

My husband took me out to dinner last night for Mother's Day and later on we will be going over my Mom's for a BBQ (hopefully the rain will hold off) and four generations will be together today!!

Happy Mother's Day to the Mom's
I love the idea of four generations together. I knew only one grandparent. Hope you got the good weather you were hoping for.

- Jake
Old 05-09-2004, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
to all the Mother's of the world, Please teach your children to love so all this HATRED in the world will cease.
I think most mothers do that already. It's other things that need fixing, IMO. Maybe it's that moms need to tell their kids to listen to them.

- Jake