Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
They really are excellent.
The other big British tribute band- Fleetwood Bac are very different (straight Rumours-era: virtually exactly the same as the present FM set list) but also very good. I don't know his name but Lindsey in Fleetwood Bac in particular is incredible.
I thought Fleetwood Bac were better than RoFM. The setlist perhaps wasn't as interesting, but they nailed their "tribute" to the Rumours-era line up perfectly. "Stevie" totally has Lady Nicks' speaking voice down!

My only critique is that the era's were a bit mashed up. Fleetwood Bac's Lindsey is clearly based on White album/Rumours era, whilst Stevie was more TINT era.

I can't remember their exact set from when I saw them, but they opened with "You Make Loving Fun", closed the main set with "The Chain" and did "Tusk" and "Go Your Own Way" as an encore. They also did "Edge of Seventeen" and 'Lindsey' made some funny crack about "oh ****, we've gotta do a Stevie solo song!".

RoFM were good, but not great. Their Lindsey, whilst a very talented guitarist, isn't a strong vocalist and as a result, there weren't many Lindsey songs in the set at all. Also, their Christine doesn't actually play keyboards, she just stands behind one with a tambourine. Both ladies had good voices, but it was all a bit "cruise ship" for me. RoFM seem to excel more at the pre-Buckingham Nicks era material.

Last edited by TheWILDheart; 07-15-2015 at 06:10 AM..
Old 07-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
I thought Fleetwood Bac were better than RoFM. The setlist perhaps wasn't as interesting, but they nailed their "tribute" to the Rumours-era line up perfectly. "Stevie" totally has Lady Nicks' speaking voice down!

My only critique is that the era's were a bit mashed up. Fleetwood Bac's Lindsey is clearly based on White album/Rumours era, whilst Stevie was more TINT era.

I can't remember their exact set from when I saw them, but they opened with "You Make Loving Fun", closed the main set with "The Chain" and did "Tusk" and "Go Your Own Way" as an encore. They also did "Edge of Seventeen" and 'Lindsey' made some funny crack about "oh ****, we've gotta do a Stevie solo song!".

RoFM were good, but not great. Their Lindsey, whilst a very talented guitarist, isn't a strong vocalist and as a result, there weren't many Lindsey songs in the set at all. Also, their Christine doesn't actually play keyboards, she just stands behind one with a tambourine. Both ladies had good voices, but it was all a bit "cruise ship" for me. RoFM seem to excel more at the pre-Buckingham Nicks era material.
Not sure I can disagree with you really. I really enjoyed the overall experience of Rumours of Fleetwood Mac but Fleetwood Bac are a much better likeness and they do sound great.
To be honest with you I cant specifically remember the person who was Stevie but I do remember all the Fleetwood Bac people looking and sounding very close to their counterparts.

It must be quite difficult with the clothes and hair not matching all the songs but I do think both bands capture the essence of FM really well. To reiterate though Fleetwood Bac Lindsey was incredible.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Last year Rick performed 2 shows with 'Rumours of Fleetwood Mac'.
Looks like this year he's doing quite a few more.
I'm caught in two minds- on the one hand, doing a couple of shows for a bit of fun is fair enough. Doing a run of 15 shows as this suggests looks a bit desperate. On the other hand I'm really tempted to get tickets for the Beck Theatre performance in November. Yep, think I will.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/193561/9

Rumours of Fleetwood Mac have announced dates for an autumn UK tour.

The leading tribute to Fleetwood Mac will be joined by original Fleetwood Mac guitarist, Rick Vito, live on stage at selected shows across the UK between October 29 and December 9.

Rick, who first performed with Fleetwood Mac in 1987, and appeared on the band's 'Tango In The Night’ album, will drop in to the Rumours Of Fleetwood Mac line-up starting in Grimsby on October 29 before performing at 15 shows through to Brighton on November 22.

Tickets are on sale now, priced from £22.50 plus fees.

Rumours of Fleetwood Mac Upcoming Tour Dates are as follows

Thu October 29 2015 - GRIMSBY Auditorium
Fri October 30 2015 - SCARBOROUGH Grand Hall
Mon November 02 2015 - CHATHAM Central Theatre
Tue November 03 2015 - ST ALBANS Arena
Thu November 05 2015 - LINCOLN Theatre Royal
Fri November 06 2015 - SKEGNESS Embassy Theatre
Sat November 07 2015 - BURNLEY Mechanics
Tue November 10 2015 - CHELTENHAM Town Hall
Wed November 11 2015 - SOUTHPORT Theatre
Sat November 14 2015 - MARGATE Winter Gardens
Sun November 15 2015 - MILTON KEYNES Theatre
Mon November 16 2015 - WIMBLEDON New Theatre
Tue November 17 2015 - HAYES Beck Theatre
Wed November 18 2015 - EASTBOURNE Congress Theatre
Fri November 20 2015 - GUILDFORD G Live
Sat November 21 2015 - IPSWICH Regent Theatre
Sun November 22 2015 - BRIGHTON Floral Pavilion
Wed November 25 2015 - FOLKESTONE Leas Cliff Hall
Thu November 26 2015 - POOLE Lighthouse
Sat November 28 2015 - ISLE OF MAN Villa Marina
Tue December 01 2015 - LLANDUDNO Venue Cymru
Wed December 02 2015 - SUNDERLAND Empire
Thu December 03 2015 - BRADFORD St Georges Hall
Fri December 04 2015 - MALVERN Forum
Tue December 08 2015 - HARROGATE Royal Hall
Wed December 09 2015 - STOKE Victoria Hall

edit:
'original Fleetwood Mac guitarist'?
'appeared on the band's Tango In The Night album'?

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 09-05-2015 at 05:21 AM..
Old 09-05-2015, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It pains me to read this thread. Oh how the mighty have fallen. At the same time Rick is on this tour, his former band mates are performing to thousands of fans in the far east.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Ledgie

Yes i was in New Brighton when Rick Vito performed with RFM.

Rick was excellent as was RFM.
The set list does vary.
The 60's era section is in my opinion excellent-

I could not afford to see the real FM.

If you get the chance go and see RFM

Mick fleetwood has played with them and has also endorsed the band.

I will be seeing them again with Rick in November

Julian
Old 09-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
It pains me to read this thread. Oh how the mighty have fallen. At the same time Rick is on this tour, his former band mates are performing to thousands of fans in the far east.
Rick never makes any excuse for being a working musician, he goes where the work is to support his family/lifestyle. The reason he moved from Maui was because there just wasn't enough work to support him.

Although he's a brilliant guitarist, he's usually just a guitarist in a band, not the name in lights.

Plus, touring with a tribute band is no different to touring with MFBB (which was pretty much a tribute band).
Old 10-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This Local London by Ellie Walter / 07:46 Friday 2 October 2015 ]

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/n...or_Hayes_show/

FLEETWOOD Mac's original guitarist is to join tribute act Rumours of Fleetwood Mac live on stage at Hayes next month.

Rick Vito, who first performed with Fleetwood Mac in 1987 and appeared in the legendary Tango in the Night album, will drop in to the Rumours of Fleetwood Mac line-up for 15 shows across the UK this autumn, including the Beck Theatre on November 17.

Vito is a Grammy nominated guitarist and performer who has been active in the music industry since the 1970s and is best known as an official member of Fleetwood Mac from 1987 to 1991, and more recently as frontman of the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band.

Mr Vito said: “It is going to be tremendous fun! I met the guys last year and we hit it off straight away.

“They are all great musicians and they really manage to capture the live spirit of Fleetwood Mac – something which is very important to me.

“If it goes well, I’ll aim to be back for more shows in 2016.”

Allan Cosgrove, Rumours of Fleetwood Mac drummer, is delighted to be playing alongside the renowned Vito.

He said: “Wow! Rick Vito performing live on stage with us – it can’t get any better!”

Rumours have performed to over a million fans since they formed over a decade ago and have been given the golden seal of approval from founding member Mick Fleetwood.

The new show promises an epic musical journey through changing eras and styles, from the sound of the sixties London blues scene through to the commercial success of the 1970s, 1980s and beyond.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had the pleasure of watching Rumours of Fleetwood Mac with special guest Rick Vito this evening at The Beck Theatre in Hayes.
It was a superb show but Rick in particular was phenominal. He came on for the PG era set after the interval but then stayed for many of the remaining Rumours-era songs.
The highlight for me was a fantastic As Long As You Follow. PS: It was cheesy but they played the As Long As You Follow video as the backdrop which just added to the emotiveness.

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 11-17-2015 at 07:07 PM..
Old 11-18-2015, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I had the pleasure of watching Rumours of Fleetwood Mac with special guest Rick Vito this evening at The Beck Theatre in Hayes.
It was a superb show but Rick in particular was phenominal. He came on for the PG era set after the interval but then stayed for many of the remaining Rumours-era songs.
The highlight for me was a fantastic As Long As You Follow. PS: It was cheesy but they played the As Long As You Follow video as the backdrop which just added to the emotiveness.
Sounds great. It's wonderful to hear loved songs that we'll never hear the actual FM play again.

Michele
Old 11-19-2015, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

More than rumours, ex-Fleetwood Mac guitarist Rick Vito joins tribute band at Ipswich Regent

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/what-s-...gent_1_4314071

18:00 17 November 2015 Martin Hutchinson

There are rumours flying around that there is a superb tribute band to Fleetwood Mac doing the rounds. For once, these rumours are in fact – er – fact.

The original Fleetwood Mac had a string of hits from Albatross through to Go Your Own Way, Dreams, Little Lies and Everywhere to name but a few. Amazingly though, Rumours of Fleetwood Mac came about by accident as drummer Allan Cosgrove tells me.

“It was never really planned we’d be a tribute to Fleetwood Mac, even though we are all fans of their music. The five core members of the band, who incidentally are still the core of the band today, got together to record an American advert and had to sound like the US band Heart

“When we heard the playback, the producer Brian Rawling, who has worked with the likes of Cher and Tina Turner, we sounded more like Fleetwood Mac and we agreed.”

It was then that the idea of a tribute band came to Allan’ but he needed the blessing of the original band.

“We later recorded a couple of songs off Mac’s album Rumours and sent them off to Mick Fleetwood. He’d been a mate ever since I was in The Merseybeats and he gave us the thumbs up. Since than he’s seen us perform and even joined us on stage.”

This tour they’ll be joined on stage at some gigs by ex-Mac guitarist Rick Vito who was with the band from 1987 - when he replaced Lindsey Buckingham - until 1991 and was a part of the line-up that recorded the albums Tango in the Night and Behind The Mask.

“I had met and played with Mick a few times and I was a big fan of Fleetwood Mac, especially the early years with Peter Green,” Rick tells me from his American home.

“He liked the way I played and when Lindsey left abruptly my friend Billy Burnette was asked to join. He wasn’t really a lead guitarist so he said he would join if they also included me – and I was named lead guitarist.”

Even though he was a ‘newbie’, he had creative input on both albums he recorded.

“I was a bit late for Tango, but for the Behind The Mask record we were all writing and they all liked three of my songs which went on the album, plus another couple turned up on The Chain, the 25th anniversary collection.”

Despite all that was going on in the band at the time, Rick says it was a good time for him.

“Well, yeah, people don’t normally get the chance to join a supergroup. I’d just done a year-and-a-half with Bob Seger, so I was pretty much prepared for playing on the big stages. It was a very happy time for me and I was instantly more famous than I’d ever been.”

So, how did he get to be involved with Rumours of Fleetwood Mac?

“A mutual friend got me into the International Guitar Festival of Great Britain in Liverpool last year, they approached me and asked if I would make a couple of appearances with them while I was there. They are such lovely people and it was really great fun, so we decided I would join them thus year on some dates.”

So how will the show pan out?

“They do the first half and I’ll come on in the second half for the Peter Green ere and stay on for the rest of the show. I’ll probably be playing Albatross, The Green Manalishi, Black Magic Woman and a lot of the blues tunes.”

Sadly, he’s unable to do the whole tour.

“I have to get back at the end of November as I’m heading to Hawaii to work with Mick Fleetwood’s Blues Band, with whom I’ve been working since 2008. Then I’ve got a German and Danish tour for myself next May with blues festivals in Canada.”

Of the Fleetwood Mac playlist, there is one song he would like to include in the set.

“I love Love That Burns from their first album in 1967. I may suggest we do that on the tour.”

This tour may not be the only one that Rick does with this band.

“No, this is a trial really and we’ll see what happens. I’m really looking forward to paying live with Rumours, they’re a really lovely bunch of people and great musicians. Plus they’re northerners and people in the north are very friendly - they’re not afraid to have human contact with audiences.”

The Rumours of Fleetwood Mac, with special guest Vito, play the Ipswich Regent November 21.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac guitarist to join tribute act on stage in Gateshead

16:00, 8 Feb 2016 By David Whetstone Chronicle Live

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats...ibute-10857625

A past members of one of the world's most successful bands is to appear with Rumours of Fleetwood Mac on stage at the Sage

The ultimate tribute to a tribute band must be when a member of the band to which you are paying tribute joins the line-up on tour.

You can understand Rumours of Fleetwood Mac wanting to boast about Fleetwood Mac guitarist Rick Vito joining for a string of February bookings, including Sage Gateshead on February 29.

Rumours of Fleetwood Mac, who seem to tour endlessly, are less of a band than a show with more than 600 performances behind them.

They have the blessing of Mick Fleetwood, co-founder in the late 1960s of a band whose rock family tree is akin to Jack’s beanstalk.

The Fleetwood Mac legend described one of those 600-plus performances as “extraordinarily emotive”.

Rumours, released in 1977, was Fleetwood Mac’s 11th album. It topped the charts on both sides of the Atlantic, becoming a staple of most people’s vinyl record collections.

But Fleetwood Mac, with its comings and goings and legal battles and acrimony and reunions, has always been the subject of rumours. As the name for a tribute band, Rumours of Fleetwood Mac seems spot on.

Rick Vito, one of a long list of Fleetwood Mac past members, was in the band between 1987 and 1991, taking over as lead guitar when Lindsey Buckingham left to spend more time on a solo career.

He toured with Bonnie Raitt’s band in the 1990s and has often toured Europe with his own.

As a guest performer he has appeared with many of the greats, including Rita Coolidge, Jackson Browne, John Mayall and Bob Seger.

Rumours of Fleetwood Mac, in which Alan Hughes performs as Lindsey Buckingham, Louise Rogan and Amanda Kostadinov are singers Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie and Allan Cosgrove (musical director) is drummer Mick Fleetwood, are back on tour with a new stage show.

On the set list, charting a course from the early days in the 1960s to the commercial heights of the 1970s and 80s, are notable hits including Black Magic Woman, Albatross, Go Your Own Way and Dreams.

Sage Gateshead is one of the February venues able to boast a guest appearance by Rick Vito.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Daily Record UK 23 Feb 2016 By Gary Cruden

Fleetwood tribute welcome former Mac guitarist to line-up for Scottish shows

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/lo...Gw8MX3R7pmc.99

AS one of music's best tribute acts hit the road again then they will be joined a former Fleetwood Mac guitarist.

Rumours of Fleetwood Mac will welcome Rick Vito to the line-up for eight shows - including all their Scottish dates.

Vito replaced legendary Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham in the band when he quit in 1987, ahead of the Tang In The Night tour.

He later quit in 1991 to spend more time on his solo career but once again joined his former bandmates to play the pre-game Super Bowl show in 1993.

Rumours have played to millions of fans since they former over a decade ago and won a huge catalogue of admirers – including Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood, who has also played with the band and granted it his seal of approval.

The band will arrive in Glasgow tonight before heading to Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee, Edinburgh and Edinburgh.

Vito admits he is excited to be rejoining his old friends on stage and says he rates the tribute highly.

“They are friends of mine, they are a good bunch of people,” the 66-year-old said.

“They really are exceptionally good at what they do.

“They are faithful to the music, have a lot of reverence and put in a lot of work.

“Of course they have been doing it for over 15 years and it's a very good show.

“I'm doing about eight shows this time including the ones through Scotland. I like playing in Scotland they are nice people.

“I love coming over there it's great.”

Vito first met Rumours when he was invited over from America to a guitar festival.

It was there he was asked to join the band for a few songs.

“I was going over to Liverpool to play at a guitar festival a couple of years ago and they asked if I would care to sit in with them,” he said.

“I did and I had such a great time that we talked about doing some guest appearances from time to time just for fun. That's what this is.

“They are very nice people and for me the biggest part of anything I've become involved with is the people and that they have a good attitude – it makes all the difference.”

Despite admiring the musical ability for the whole line-up, there was one aspect that Vito described as “spooky” - the voice of the band's Stevie Nicks, Louise Rogan.

“It's interesting because their singer, Louise, sounds to me more like young Stevie Nicks than Stevie Nicks does now,” he said.

“It does have that spooky effect.

“With her in the show there's quite an air of authenticity and the others go to great lengths to really nail the arrangements and the sounds and everything.

“The funny thing is she's able to turn it on and off – it's not her normal singing voice.

“She's been doing it for so long and been doing it from such a young age that it is part of her professional thing. She's a great country singer as well.”

One aspect of the show that Vito says draws him to the line-up is the chance to play Peter Green Fleetwood Mac songs, including the likes of Black Magic Woman and Albatross.

“The main thing for me was coming on to do the Peter Green segment of the show because that was always my big influence with that era of the band – it wasn't the 70s era,” Vito said.

“I saw the original group in Philadelphia when I was a kid and that made a huge impression on me – it gave me a bit of a direction.

“It was very authentic, convincing sounding blues played with a lot of feeling. That was more what I wanted to do.

“In a sense it's what I grew up on. I was listening to BB King and other first generation blues guys as well.”

Vito still has close ties to the real Fleetwood Mac and plays as part of the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band – who recently teamed up with Aerosmith's Steven Tyler for a few shows.

Despite having nearly five decades experience in the music business the guitarist still appreciates being given the opportunity to play to an appreciative crowd.

“It's a real gift any time you get to go on stage and people are clapping for you,” he said.

“I mean how many people can do that in life?

“Most people don't get appreciated for what they do and I try to always remember that.

“I was sort of semi-professional at 18 and then I move to LA when I was 21 and was full-time.

“It's been a real gift.”

Rumours of Fleetwood Mac will play at the Glasgow Pavilion on February 23, Aberdeen's Music Hall on February 24, Inverness' Eden Court on February 26, Dundee's Caird Hall on February 27 and Edinburgh's Queens Hall on February 29.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/lo...Gw8MX3R7pmc.99
Old 02-26-2016, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Northern Times 26/02/2016 16:15 - Updated: 26/02/2016 16:56

http://www.northern-times.co.uk/What...t-26022016.htm

Rumour has it Rick is coming to Eden Court

AFTER playing with the real thing, you might expect former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Rick Vito to find the prospect of playing with a tribute act to the Anglo-American pop giants

hardly appealing.

Yet this weekend will find the 66-year-old guitarist and singer playing alongside Rumours of Fleetwood Mac at Eden Court.

“They put on a very professional, well done show. I’ve played with them before and I had such a great

time that I’m coming back to the UK to do it again,” he said.

“If they weren’t the people they are, of course I wouldn’t be a part of it. I get offers to sit in with tribute acts all the time, but this is much more of a cut above.”

Vito is not the only member of the original band to join Rumours of Fleetwood Mac on stage. Founder member Mick Fleetwood has also given them his seal of approval by performing along with them, just as Vito has played with many of his own musical heroes since leaving his native Philadelphia to pursue a music career at the age of 21.

They include Little Richard, Maria Muldaur, Bob Seger, David Soul, Dolly Parton, British blues legend John Mayall, Byrds’ vocalist Roger McGuinn, Bonnie Rait and bluesmen Albert Collins and Lowell Fulson.

His invitation to join Fleetwood Mac came after he jammed alongside Mick Fleetwood at an LA club and he told the Cornwall-born drummer how big an impression the original Fleetwood Mac guitarist Peter Green had made on his own music.

“So when Lindsey Buckingham left the band in 1987, Mick decided to go back to a two-guitar band and gave me a call,” Vito said.

“The funny thing was that I’d been on the road with Bob Seger for about a year, and I felt something was brewing in the air – Bob would ask me to join the Silver Bullet Band or I’d get a record deal or something. Then the phone call came in from Mick and I turned to my wife and said: ‘That’s it!’”

The band had recently released Tango In The Night, which sold three million copies in the US to become Fleetwood Mac’s biggest success since Rumours. Fewer bands came bigger, or so well established, but as

a new face in the line-up alongside fellow guitarist Billy Burnette, Vito never found Fleetwood Mac’s fans

anything less than welcoming.

“We didn’t know what to expect. None of us did,” Vito said.

“But in the four years I was with them, there was never a shout out ‘where’s Lindsey?’ or a review saying that Buckingham was sorely missed.”

Although he left the band in 1991 to concentrate on his solo career, Vito still performs with Mick

Fleetwood.

“My musical life is made up of doing my own thing and working with the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band and anything else that comes along that is interesting,” he said.

One of those interesting sidelines is in designing his own guitars for Ohio company Reverend Guitars.

“It’s nice to have your name associated with something that’s of good quality and doesn’t look like everything else that’s come down the pike,” he said.

Much like Fleetwood Mac, come to think of it.

Rick Vito appears with Rumours of Fleetwood Mac this evening, Friday February 26, at the Empire Theatre, Eden Court, Inverness.

Rick Vito’s most recent solo album, Mojo On My Side, is out now from Hypertension Records.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Well, there was a review or two saying that Buckingham was sorely missed.

Michele