Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have 2 extra front row tickets for this. They are at will call. I am going and have other tickets to pick up. If anyone is interested in them send me a PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Your PMs aren't working...
Old 10-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangdrum View Post
Your PMs aren't working...
Sorry. Try it now.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WOW, you'll get to hear the big movie vs. the independent film analogy in person.

Just kidding...I'm so jealous. This will probably be an excellent time to meet him and get an autograph/picture. Have fun! (and someone record this)
Old 10-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
WOW, you'll get to hear the big movie vs. the independent film analogy in person.
I REALLY hope the interviewer gets him to say something else. People buying tickets, he must imagine, have read interviews, or they also could have seen his NY show, in which he said those very things. Please, new talking points!
Old 10-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ok, this is getting closer! so i see Amlyn, TrueFaith, bangdrum, mezzoforte, WelshWitchPMD, bucklind17, GoldDustWoman22, and WeepingWall seem to plan on going, and i know of few others too. anybody else? sounds like a party!!

anybody wants to get together before or after - or both?
Old 11-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Does anybody have extra tickets to this still?
Old 11-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rumours had it that we'd be getting together before and/or after but no plans set.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't always match names with faces on here, so if you are interested in joining me for dinner, hit me up on PM (thus this is considered solicited). Hopefully some other Ledgies will be there with me. If you PM me, I'll send you details on where I made reservations.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

I used to work at this venue, so I can tell you how it's probably going to work:

The interviewer will ask Lindsey questions for at least a half hour, followed by Q & A.

The audience Q & A will go one of two ways:
A. Index cards will be passed out to the audience to write questions on, collected, and then vetted backstage (i.e. 'What color is are your skivvies, Linds?' is NOT going to make it into the interviewer's hands).

B. Audience members will actually get to stand and ask LB questions!

I suspect they will go with Option A, but would die and go to heaven if it were Option B.

I can't IMAGINE that Lindsey wouldn't play a song or two.

They may have a merch table set up, and there may be an opportunity to have him autograph stuff.
On the other hand, they may just whisk him out after the interview.

It's a nice, cozy wood-paneled venue, and in my opinion, there's not a bad seat in the house.

I think it's gonna be an awesome night.

And I have a free spare ticket to prove it. PM me.
Please be sane and cool.

P.S. (Totally not related to anything).
Holy $#@!. I just looked at my join date and realized I've been on The Ledge for 11 years.

Last edited by Gypsy; 11-03-2011 at 08:18 PM..
Old 11-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was thinking about getting tickets for this today! I read something on the site about the event being moved to some other Hall and it was General Admission...that is not true is it??
Old 11-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
I was thinking about getting tickets for this today! I read something on the site about the event being moved to some other Hall and it was General Admission...that is not true is it??
It looks like they are still selling reserved seats today; they were in the third row. Really? Is anyone going to this thing? I am convinced that there will be no more than 30 people attending tonight. Everyone should bring a covered dish and just call it a potluck dinner party.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i just called and i'm very MAD right now!

"go your own way" just started playing too! *sucks teeth extra hard!!!!*
Old 11-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This was pretty cool. Most exciting is that he actually played "Rock Away Blind"! He was clearly planning on playing a different tune from SWS but his guitar wasn't tuned properly so he amended his choice and played this for what he said was the first, and later said was the last, time. It's always awesome to see his fingers on guitar strings, it's fascinating! He also played "I Am Waiting" at request of Anthony DeCurtis, following some talk about why he enjoys that era of Rolling Stones tunes and later, "Big Love," which was fantastic, as always.

As for the discussion, it was entertaining but nothing particularly ground-breaking was said. He was a little snarkier than I expected, definitely expected some reading into his tone or would make a face after he said something to drive home his point. I was surprised so much time was spent on the dynamics of the band circa Rumours, considering I'm sure DeCurtis himself is well versed in that history and I doubt anyone in the room was particularly lacking in it, but it's still entertaining to hear, especially with some new asides thrown in. There was talk of his musical influences as a child with extra emphasis on The Beach Boys, some talk about how having a wife and family has changed his process, a little talk about Buckingham Nicks and future LB/SN projects (though when people started clapping, he quickly shut it down, which to me made it seem like it's nowhere near actually happening) and again, a lot of talk about the "failure" of Tusk, which. We've heard before. But all in all pretty entertaining! He was in a fun mood and only said "small machine" once and I don't think I heard the word "cycle" or "organic" at all!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had so much fun! Maybe because I had lower expectations since...well, we've heard so many Lindsey speeches. But, he was funny! And even when he mentioned something ala the concerts, he changed it up a bit so there was more insight and it seemed different and new.
Good job, Lindsey! I wish they would have asked a few more of the audience questions but...
I can't believe he noticed that the label on the bottled water was covered up. And he was so relaxed and into the whole thing once he got maybe one or two questions out of the way. I think he knew the people who were there were with him 1000%.
All in all, a fabulous time. Plus, I got to talk to him again for a few seconds because he did a CD signing! I have several copies but...hey, I got another. I told him to please come back again in the spring since he made this autumn so exciting. He said he would (but, I'm going to be like him with BNII and say there's nothing written in stone;-) He also said a whole sentence that I just didn't get or automatically blocked out. I think it was something like "it's nice to see so many familiar faces" but I could definitely not swear to it. It might be my mind filling in the blanks for going total fangirl on him and giggling like a ninny instead of actually hearing words.
But, (eeeeeeee!) I got to see him again! It's been a fun tour!

Oh, and I met a whole bunch of Ledgies while waiting on line. And, of course, my partner in crime, Farrah!

P.S. He had this really big bodyguard who kept trying to chase me away by saying "thank you" and gesturing toward the door. But, Lindsey wasn't, so...I finished my little speech. Hey, if I have to sit through his, he has to sit through my two sentences. And when I stood looking down at him signing, he's soooo thin. Made me feel like Brunhilda the Wonder Warrior or something.

That is all.