The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Carrie should play Stevie in a movie (I wonder if she can do the voice though???). She even looked like Stevie a couple of years ago at the Grammy's when she sang a duet with some country band. She was wearing black and did a perfect Stevie move with her hands in the air playing the tambourine while kicking up a knee.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

oops...yes, well, when we suggested he might like to wear a white shirt for the SYW tour, we forgot about him getting all hot and sweaty!!!
Actually, methinks, black rather suits him better, makes him look
Old 08-28-2007, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Carrie Underwood is that cheesy American Idol winner, right?
The Skechers girl?

Edit: OMG it is!

yeah. Carrie Underwood. She barely digests any food.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Can I vomit now or do I have to wait until after the performance?

I completely dislike Carrie Underwood. She's not a very nice person from what I hear. (Actually, it kind of depends on who she's in the presence of. She's doesn't like the common folk but she's alright with the industry people.)

And one of the most annoying things about her is the fact that her label is bleeding her one and only album dry, squeezing every last sell out of it before they make her put out another one. Corporate music at it's finest. I swear to god if I turn on CMT or GAC and see another new video for one of her songs, I might just walk into the Arista Nashville office and slap someone.

Twitter me
Old 08-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually like Carrie Underwood just fine. (She's no Stevie, granted.) (Or Chrissie Hynes.) (She might not even be a Sanjaya.) (But she's a good singer.) Still, these posts are cracking me up. And thank you all for the 411. It's not my ideal duet either, but I'm happy for any excuse to see Lindsey. Besides, this might bring more attention to the Mac/Buckingham. I have the feeling they're gonna be the highlights of the evening.

Hmmm who would be the ideal Lindsey duet among contemporary female singers???

I think Lindsey and Morrissey should join forces. But I'm weird that way.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I think Lindsey and Morrissey should join forces. But I'm weird that way.
I think that this would be cool too.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The girl's no groundbreaking artist, she's straight forward pop country. But she can actually sing. I am baffled at the match though (although, she is a hot blond......)
Old 08-28-2007, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will officially guess that they'll do GYOW. It'd be cool if they did something else, but I just don't see it. Unless they do one of her songs and he just plays and sings back up.

And I'd like to add that I actually enjoyed the CMT Crossroads performance. The people in Little Big Town were totally stoked and giving mad props to Lindsey's genius, and he seemed excited to play with them. The performances were lively and energetic... I didn't see anything wrong with the show at all.

I think it's good for the man to get a little exposure without FM and show off his skills to new audiences. Are they gonna rush out and buy his disc? Probably not.

As far as Carrie Underwood goes... I don't care for her music, because I'm not into country, but freaking A. Give the girl a break. Her album is the biggest selling country debut ever, and as far as sales and marketing go, she's the bigger ticket in this duet at this point in time. She'll probably have more viewers tuning in to check out her performance with Lindsey than Lindsey will have tuning in to check out his performance with her. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things... but crucifying people just because they dare to work with Lindsey is ridiculous and uncalled for. You haven't even heard the damn thing yet and you're already acting like it sucked and was a total abomination in the name of Fleetwood Mac.

I, for one, hope it kicks ass. I have faith that Lindsey wouldn't do it if it sucked.

Last edited by Sarah; 08-28-2007 at 11:06 AM..
Old 08-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I will officially guess that they'll do GYOW. It'd be cool if they did something else, but I just don't see it. Unless they do one of her songs and he just plays and sings back up.

And I'd like to add that I actually enjoyed the CMT Crossroads performance. The people in Little Big Town were totally stoked and giving mad props to Lindsey's genius, and he seemed excited to play with them. The performances were lively and energetic... I didn't see anything wrong with the show at all.

I think it's good for the man to get a little exposure without FM and show off his skills to new audiences. Are they gonna rush out and buy his disc? Probably not.

As far as Carrie Underwood goes... I don't care for her music, because I'm not into country, but freaking A. Give the girl a break. Her album is the biggest selling country debut ever, and as far as sales and marketing go, she's the bigger ticket in this duet at this point in time. She'll probably have more viewers tuning in to check out her performance with Lindsey than Lindsey will have tuning in to check out his performance with her. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things... but crucifying people just because they dare to work with Lindsey is ridiculous and uncalled for. You haven't even heard the damn thing yet and you're already acting like it sucked and was a total abomination in the name of Fleetwood Mac.

I, for one, hope it kicks ass. I have faith that Lindsey wouldn't do it if it sucked.

Very well said. I agree. I loved the LBT performance because it was something new and different. Seemed like Lindsey/LBT loved doing it too. I'm looking forward to seeing him play in whatever capacity. If anything, I'm curious.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Very well said. I agree. I loved the LBT performance because it was something new and different. Seemed like Lindsey/LBT loved doing it too. I'm looking forward to seeing him play in whatever capacity. If anything, I'm curious.
Yay! Agreed!! Though I've not seen the LBT performance and I missed when SOTW posted them. gr. oh well. The point is: any Lindsey is good Lindsey.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
The point is: any Lindsey is good Lindsey
Absolutely. LB is a fantastic showman. I can't wait to see what he and Underwood do. I think it's a smart combo, actually. Will introduce him to many who may not know who the hell he is and it's a feather in her cap to say she performed with this legendary dude. I think it's cool.

rbs
Old 08-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
You haven't even heard the damn thing yet and you're already acting like it sucked and was a total abomination in the name of Fleetwood Mac.
Well, I don't know who the you in your post is, but I was having fun with this choice of Lindsey. Ofcourse it can be a surprise. I just see some conflict in how he likes to describe himself and the choices of big CMT-names to cooperate with.

BTW, you'll all know that he can't do much wrong in my book, but if he makes choices that wouldn't be mine I just like to overstretch that too.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well, I don't know who the you in your post is, but I was having fun with this choice of Lindsey. Ofcourse it can be a surprise. I just see some conflict in how he likes to describe himself and the choices of big CMT-names to cooperate with.

BTW, you'll all know that he can't do much wrong in my book, but if he makes choices that wouldn't be mine I just like to overstretch that too.
Nobody in particular. Just a general "you". I should have clarified that, but it really didn't occur to me.

I don't know how the duet choices come about. But if I had to guess, I'd say the team putting on the show scopes out their label and management contacts and pick up some preliminary OKs from artists willing to participate. Then, with that list... it's probably stressful to try to set out who is going to do what duet with whom. Obviously, some styles just will absolutely not work together, and some others will come together easily. Carrie's a vocalist with a range that can suit Lindsey's music as well and she doesn't play an instrument to speak of, so, when you aren't considering their different audiences, ages, or whatever, it's an okay fit with a guy like Lindsey, who, right now, is showing off his use of "busy" guitar parts. They'll probably have, what, one day to practice with each other? So choosing the duet isn't a task I'd want.

I think they said on the CMT thing that there was only one day of practice with LB & LBT. And didn't Lindsey say that where-ever it was.. some dude's house.. he could sit there and play like that forever? When it comes down to it, these days, Lindsey is showing himself off more and more as a folk musician, and tbh, that's not that far from country. I think it'll work out just fine. I loved the LBT harmonies on Not Too Late. Maybe Carrie will be adding something like that to one of Lindsey's pieces. Maybe even the type of harmony that Stevie did on the late show performance of Big Love back in the day.

(p.s. every time i think of that particular big love performance, for the next little while, every time i hear the song i can still hear her doing those parts.)
Old 08-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Wow.

It's a good thing he knowns how to swim.

It's almost as bad as Stevie singing a song by that dude from Poison.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 08-28-2007 at 06:32 PM..
Old 08-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I keep hearing about Lyric jeans doing a line of clothes that will contain Fleetwood Mac lyrics. I wonder if that will come up during this "fashion rock" show. If so, then "go your own way" is a natural lyric for the Lyric Culture clothes and a natural song for the show.

I don't mind Lindsey performing with Carrie Underwood, but that wouldn't be the song I want them to do together. On the other hand, every review I've read about Sara Evans' version of GYOW says it is stellar. In fact, I read one that said it puts Fleetwood Mac to shame, which would be going just a little too far.

Michele