The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lincoln Ne Cancelled For Tonight!

cancelled just after 6 pm today, guess there were issues with the venue so he isn't playing! oh well I have Stevie tix for red rocks and I would be way more dissapointed in not seeing her than lindsay!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Damn, I would be pissed...

David was heading to this one right?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Ledgie

Oh my God, it was lame! The radio said nothing of it at six and we got to the theatre at 7:08 or something, and the doors opened at 7 and the show as to start at 8. Anyway, it said Lindsey Buckingham CANCELLED! They would not open the doors and there was absolutely NO explanation. The only thing said was there will be refunds.
Obviously, I'm angry/sad because of this. This is the first LB show I was going to see, and I was really excited .
Old 04-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy That sucks...

for Ledgies who were on their way to this show.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just spoke with David. Here is what he has told me.

When David arrived at the venue earlier they (Lindsey & crew) were having some sort of sound issues with the venue. David went back to the hotel. When he returned for the show it was cancelled. What he has reported is that there was a huge argument between Lindsey & venue regarding the sound system. The venue demanded that Lindsey utilize their sound equipment not his own. There was some back and forth arguing with Lindsey not going forward without his system. There was also an issue with the venue only allowing a certain decibel (sp?) to be used. I am guessing that is why they wanted their equipment used? Anyway, Lindsey said they (venue) would have to cancel the show. Then there was the argument that they (venue) wouldn't be cancelling the show he would have to (paraphrasing: "it's on you!")...there was also the issue of fines if he decided to cancel due to the equipment issue. Apparently Lindsey said "f*ck this" and cancelled.

craziness... David did say when he was there earlier that there was a weird twilight zone vibe about that place.

and yes brian...peeps upset...mad and crying.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

This is terrible! I feel so bad for everyone going to the show. I think how close we were to being canceled in Tulsa because of a buzz in the guitar rig. We were so lucky that it got worked out. But a fight with the venue? Man, you'd think they'd have more respect.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaMINI View Post
This is terrible! I feel so bad for everyone going to the show. I think how close we were to being canceled in Tulsa because of a buzz in the guitar rig. We were so lucky that it got worked out. But a fight with the venue? Man, you'd think they'd have more respect.
I feel terrible for those who were to attend too. Apparently, they were extremely rude throughout. Another thing, they wouldn't let the crew even begin to offload...a disaster from the start.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I feel terrible for those who were to attend too. Apparently, they were extremely rude throughout. Another thing, they wouldn't let the crew even begin to offload...a disaster from the start.
When I got there, which was around when the doors were supposed to open, they were packing the trailer back up with all the equipment.

I only live thirty minutes away from the place, and normally the Rococo is a nice place. This is extremely odd.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
When I got there, which was around when the doors were supposed to open, they were packing the trailer back up with all the equipment.
hmmmm...I am pretty sure David said they couldn't offload...but then he left for the hotel so maybe some unpacking did take place. I really don't know as I wasn't there. If I have incorrectly reported what David said. Maybe he can fill more in when he returns from tour. Since you are a local maybe you will have some additional details to report as well.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That really sucks. I feel bad for anyone who had planned on going. I really feel bad for people who travel to see LB shows like David. Thankfully I decided to pass on this show. It does make me a bit nervous about attending future LB shows, however. Now shouldn't this sound system issue been something that LB, the band and the crew already have known about?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
Oh my God, it was lame! The radio said nothing of it at six and we got to the theatre at 7:08 or something, and the doors opened at 7 and the show as to start at 8. Anyway, it said Lindsey Buckingham CANCELLED! They would not open the doors and there was absolutely NO explanation. The only thing said was there will be refunds.
Obviously, I'm angry/sad because of this. This is the first LB show I was going to see, and I was really excited .
That is incredible! I am from Nebraska and thought that this would be THE show to go to...small venue, college town, etc. etc.

Hey "Doc" can you drive the 10 hours to see him in Boulder?? I saw him in Denver last November, and he is worth it!

As a word of warning to those coming to Boulder, Colorado...we do have the possibility of a snow storm for Monday...the weather people are all over the story...a storm tomorrow night (Thursday) and one predicted for Monday. If DavidMN is coming to Boulder, please warn him. He has already been in one snow storm this tour, and missed a show....right?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Yep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
If DavidMN is coming to Boulder, please warn him. He has already been in one snow storm this tour, and missed a show....right?
he missed the Tulsa show.

I thought about going when it was first announced but logistics didnt work out for me and I passed on it - glad I did because the weather turned bad the day of the show.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default From lindseybuckingham.com

LINCOLN, NE 04.11.2007

A note about the show cancellation

Lindsey Buckingham’s show tonight at the Rococo Theater in Lincoln, NE has been cancelled do to technical difficulties related to sound. The venue has its own in-house sound system but today, when Lindsey’s sound engineers assessed the quality of this system, they determined it to not be adequate for Lindsey’s show to be properly presented. When it was suggested to the venue by Lindsey’s audio team to allow them to bring in additional sound-reinforcement gear from Lindsey’s truck, the venue turned them down. The venue clearly stated to Lindsey’s tour manager that Lindsey must use the existing sound gear as is. Even when Lindsey’s tour manager explained to the venue that the sound system in the building was not what was represented to Lindsey’s audio technicians when doing their "advance" on the show; they still refused to allow the additional gear to enter the building. Lindsey was at the venue when all of this went down and ended up returning to his hotel.

This is the first time this has happened and Lindsey has been on tour promoting his new album "Under The Skin" since October 2006 and this is the first and only date that had to be canceled. Lindsey is very upset that his fans in Lincoln, NE will not get to see his show. Lindsey prides himself on delivering the very best performance and production for every show but in this case he wasn’t able to do so. Lindsey hopes his fans in Lincoln will understand and he looks forward to returning to Lincoln but under much better conditions.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well. I'm certainly impressed with the fast response from Lindsey's team through his site! Good job!

I can totally see why Lindsey would stand his ground and cancel if he thought their sound system wouldn't present him in the proper light... He would not have been happy up there, and the show would have suffered.... Now what's worse, putting on a crap show or cancelling?

Sorry for the folks in NE
Old 04-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Ledgie

I'm going to call the Rococo tomorrow morning to find out what they're doing about refunds/rescheduling. I'm actually moving out of Lincoln in 27 days, so maybe he'll reschedule within the month?

As much as I will likely continue to think that Lindsey is the greatest musician ever, this was incredibly disappointing on his part, because they were setting up all day, and didn't cancel until an hour before. I feel bad for those who traveled far.

Well, as a gentleman in Yia Yia's carrying a Buckingham Nicks album said to me about an hour ago, $40 was too good to be true.

at Lindsey for now, will probably forgive him when I listen to Under the Skin a few more times.