Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I'm sorry, maybe? But really, I'm not

I think if you saw my music collection, you would chuckle. It's all cheese. Thank goodness I'm not lactose intolerate.
Have we ever had a thread in which we listed all (or most) of the performers we liked besides FM? It seems like we might've, but then I guess another one wouldn't hurt. What do y'all think?
Old 01-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I could never get into Rage Against the Machine or the Red Hot Chili Peppers...

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 01-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Oh - that's how I feel about Evanescence - don't know why - I HATE Them...so many people though are like.."Oh man - they're awesome..." They're SO not my cup of tea...
You can count me in on that one too! I hate Evanescence!

Also, I never got into Led Zeppelin, Queen, Boston, U2, ANY bubble gum pop like Brittany Spears, Ashlee Simpson, Debbie Gibson, New Kids on the Block, etc. (I didn't like it as a young person, and I don't like it now.), or Nirvana. I guess I just never saw all the fuss about any of these people.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 01-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The first band that I can think of is U2. I like maybe a few songs by them but I can't see any big deal about them.

It seems that so many Mac fans love them but I am not one of them.

I am not really a fan of The Rolling Stones. Pink Floyd, or The Who either.

Oh I know Bruce Springteen and the E Street Band. I never got into 'The Boss" too much.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Oh I know Bruce Springteen and the E Street Band. I never got into 'The Boss" too much.
Me either.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
and I liked Stairway to Heaven and Love Hurts but.. never a fan of Led Z.
I think Nazareth did Love Hurts. So that means you only like one song by Led Zep! Blaspheme!!
Old 01-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never got into any of the boy bands like New Kids, Backstreet Boys, or N'Sync, thank god. I never really liked much mainstream pop music either. I was more into heavy metal but I didn't like some of the really poppy metal bands like Winger and KISS.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Dreammms
This message has been deleted by Dreammms.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

These will get some screams:

Bob Dylan (over rated and voice annoys me)
Janice Joplin (annoying)
Later beatles stuff (eh)
John Lennon (Basic Cult figure, I find kinda bland)
Any Heavy metal bands from 80's (some of the guitarists are good, but mostly just noise)
Whiney, twangy country (especially if they feel they have to "talk" in the song)
Any Rap/Hip-Hop - They don't play instruments so just bad poetry and stolen samples. CAN"T STAND ENIMEM. Haven't watched MTV for over a decade - can't stand the music (Could go on for pages...but won't)
Nirvanna - mostly crud, over rated. and Cobain was NOT the voice of a generation.
Use to like Sting - then I met him in person and he is such a piece of work, can't listen to him anymore.
Babs Streisand - Another nut case. Her exploits in person should have comitted her
KISS - Gene Simmons is a bigger horses A** Than sting (if that is possible)
Gun and Roses - Axel - another major horse pucky. His ego destroyed that band
The rico Sauve guy...I think that needs no further explanantion

I will think up some more, those came to mind first

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss
These will get some screams:

Bob Dylan (over rated and voice annoys me)
Janice Joplin (annoying)
Later beatles stuff (eh)
John Lennon (Basic Cult figure, I find kinda bland)
Any Heavy metal bands from 80's (some of the guitarists are good, but mostly just noise)
Whiney, twangy country (especially if they feel they have to "talk" in the song)
Any Rap/Hip-Hop - They don't play instruments so just bad poetry and stolen samples. CAN"T STAND ENIMEM. Haven't watched MTV for over a decade - can't stand the music (Could go on for pages...but won't)
Nirvanna - mostly crud, over rated. and Cobain was NOT the voice of a generation.
Use to like Sting - then I met him in person and he is such a piece of work, can't listen to him anymore.
Babs Streisand - Another nut case. Her exploits in person should have comitted her
KISS - Gene Simmons is a bigger horses A** Than sting (if that is possible)
Gun and Roses - Axel - another major horse pucky. His ego destroyed that band
The rico Sauve guy...I think that needs no further explanantion

I will think up some more, those came to mind first
What was Sting like? Details, please.

Did you meet Gene Simmons too? He gives me the willies, eww. He will be the next celebrity Judge on American Idol.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
What was Sting like? Details, please.

Did you meet Gene Simmons too? He gives me the willies, eww. He will be the next celebrity Judge on American Idol.

I use to work in the recording industry and met Stink ...er Sting backstage one night. He was one of the most arrogant little men I have ever met. He treated his staff like crap and was acting hollier than though. (I think there was a thread on here sometime ago with a few other ledgies who met him also and had the same experience...so wasn't an isolated case). I managed to piss him off by just ignoring him and not caring or smoozing with him. I had more fun talking to the roadies.
If I had to choose the biggest A**Hole in music, it would have to be Gene Simmons. He is under the impression that every women in the world wants to sleep with him, and that if they don't, they are Lesbians or soon to be Lesbians. He did an NPR interview on FreshAir promoting his book and was such the piece of crap to Terry Gross. She has done literally hundreds if not thousands of interviews with almost everyone famous at one time or another. (She knows what she is doing) and he kept saying she wanted to sleep with him, and she wasn't having any part of it. That had to be the nightmare interview from hell. Everytime I have seen him in anything he is an A**Hole. Was in the same room as him at a function, didn't want to meet him, and didn't care. He acted like an idiot, and managed to piss off a few people. He reminds me of that Guy "The BRAd" in the TV commercial. Thinks he is god's gift to the world.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's see, popular music that I'm not crazy about (or in some cases that I hate)-

Just about any group or solo artist that is female or has a female lead singer

Just about any teeny-bopper pop group or singer

Just about any rap/hip hop/r&B artist

Just about any metal artist

Just about any country artist

Just about anything labeled "cutting edge"

Am I forgetting anything?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Ahhh... I can finally say it.

Nirvana. Never got it. And til now, always thought I was the only soul on the face of the earth who didn't get it. Nice to be among friends.

I do like Blondie!!

Others I never liked:

John Mayer (again, just don't get it)
Guns n Roses
Michael Jackson
Kylie Minogue (what is that about anyway?)
Jay-Z (is that his name? The guy who does Crazy in Love with Beyonce?)
Any of those "cool" "The-" bands of the 80s - The Pixies, The Pogues, The Psychedelic Furs, The (insert name here). I don't think anyone ever liked them; it was just cool to say you did.
Culture Club
Corey Hart (and I'm Canadian! ) You can actually be stripped of your Canadian citizenship for saying that.

I'm sure I'm forgetting many.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark
Ahhh... I can finally say it.

Nirvana. Never got it. And til now, always thought I was the only soul on the face of the earth who didn't get it. Nice to be among friends.

I do like Blondie!!
A cat after my precious heart.

Nirvana bugs the **** out of me. If I wanted to hear someone scream for five minutes straight, I'd tape myself and save $10.

Old 01-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Why do ya...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss
If I had to choose the biggest A**Hole in music, it would have to be Gene Simmons.

Everytime I have seen him in anything he is an A**Hole.
think he named his recent (failed) solo release A**hole? Self-advertisement if ya ask me...

Now A**hole Gene is trying to start up a TV network!!! Gee, just what we need MORE BULL****!!! Yo Gene, Kiss is OVER, Go home and stay the f**K locked up inside so we, the proud American metal heads won't have to hear your newest "Get Rich Quick" scheme! (I lost respect for Scheme-Gene when he filed lawsuit against King Diamond because of King's makeup...Yeah, that's right, I guess if ya play metal ya cant wear makeup or those flabby out-of-touch with the 70's when it's 2005 f**ks in Piss, I meant Kiss will sue ya...To which I say HORSE-HOCKEY!!!)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Gene Simmons

He's so gross and he's going to be the next celebrity Judge on American Idol. I hope Paula doesn't have to sit next to him. I have heard interviews with him where he says skanky stuff, it's just not hot. I'm glad the NPR person was like, "um, no" to him. What the hell is he going to add to the AI judging panel? Ewwwwwwwww...

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
think he named his recent (failed) solo release A**hole? Self-advertisement if ya ask me...

Now A**hole Gene is trying to start up a TV network!!! Gee, just what we need MORE BULL****!!! Yo Gene, Kiss is OVER, Go home and stay the f**K locked up inside so we, the proud American metal heads won't have to hear your newest "Get Rich Quick" scheme! (I lost respect for Scheme-Gene when he filed lawsuit against King Diamond because of King's makeup...Yeah, that's right, I guess if ya play metal ya cant wear makeup or those flabby out-of-touch with the 70's when it's 2005 f**ks in Piss, I meant Kiss will sue ya...To which I say HORSE-HOCKEY!!!)