Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I remember the green cup but what was it about? I know I found the Ledge because of the Dance - actually the MTV airing first and I went and did a google search for Fleetwood Mac cause that "Lindsey guy" looked familar to me! LOL!

I found Chili D who was a wealth of info and a few others that are still here (although many are gone) and we all had quite a good time learning about Fleetwood Mac, speculating about Stevie and Lindsey....

From the Dance I remember us girls tried to figure out if Kristen was in the front row and what she looked like. We tried to figure out if Stevie and Lindsey were together, especially cause of "Landslide" and "Silver Springs". When the CD came out I believe there were TWO versions of the "no one falls into a special set of labels" speech, right? Depending on when you bought your CD.

Those are my memories. I don't recall us picking it apart really. I think we were sooo happy to have it on CD and DVD!

Lauren
Old 06-24-2004, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default green cup

I don't think there is too much of a "story" to tell about the green cup but I guess some people were a bit annoyed or maybe amazed, that Christine had that NEON green cup sitting right next to her. It does stick out like a sore thumb, although Chris always had cups next to her at shows..soooo.

Another thing I remember being discussed was Stevie's bangs/hair. She has much straighter, flat hair one night and bigger, fuller hair with no bangs the last night. You can really notice the difference during a song like Everywhere, Stevies hair looks nothing like it does in Silver Springs.

I remember discussing all the celebrities in the audience, Edward Norton, Winona Ryder, Tom Cruise, Courtney Love..um, I can't remember who else. Tickets were IMPOSSIBLE to get as they mostly went to industry people, as you can see by the mellow audience.
There was a bunch of debate over the "girl shown clapping" after GDW..is it Kristen or not?

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 06-24-2004, 08:49 AM
Junior Ledgie

I thought that was Courtney Love...? Am i Wrong?
Old 06-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Ledgie

As mentioned before, I think for those who have been fans for years (for me since the 70's) it was just a miracle to see those 5 together again, something I thought I would never hear again or see live again. Oh yes, and the green cup, I forgot about that.

Terri
Old 06-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Ah, the days of (and leading up to) The Dance...

The Ledge was a WWWBOARD script...

There was no such thing as a "Ledgie" yet...

I emerged from the haze of a Pat Benatar/REO Speedwagon/FLEETWOOD MAC show...

To find that the five fireflies were coming back.

Sweet, sweet days they were.

These days, we don't realize how blessed we are. What a cool place to hang out online. What a cool thing to have something new from FM to look forward to pretty much constantly (!!!!!!!). What a cool band we follow.

~JamieSPC
Old 06-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought that was Courtney Love...? Am i Wrong?
I thought that was Courtney Love too.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
There was a bunch of debate over the "girl shown clapping" after GDW..is it Kristen or not?
Unmistakably Courtney Love.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

These editing comments are cracking me up...Stevie and her magical tambourines (is it impossible for her to have just picked up a different one during the show?! ) and Dave Mason & Lindsey!

I'm not denying the editing, but I remember Stevie saying something about them "not being happy with the footage from the first two nights" and that they knew they "had to make the last night the best it could possibly be" and that's what they ended up using.

Some of the things mentioned, like Stevie's change of hairdo are possibly not editing. I just assumed she re-groomed and changed her outfit (it is a different blackdress beginning with Landslide, no?) during Big Love.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No there was a flash of a girl that was Kristen I guess. I guess it was in the beginning. It was nothing to do with Courtney, who was also there.

I came to the Ledge in 1997, but I'm a Dance fan so I came knowing nothing, just some "green" 19 year old. GOD. That was a long time ago!

I think most of us were romantics. We wanted so much for S/L to be together ( and prayed that WASN'T Kristen in the video!) we were romantics and made up stories...again, many many moons ago.

But I know the Dance was a huge deal. If it got to me, it got to a lot of people. At the time I was a die hard...ABBA...fan. It sure as hell diverted my attention!

Green cup! Someone made up email cards and one of them said Green Cup on them LOL! That was funny.

Tusk lover as well...that's another story.

Yeah, it was really exciting around here. Everyone urgently awaiting concert reviews. Did Lindsey LOOK at Stevie? Did Stevie touch Lindsey at all? At least I was hopeless, I know alot were back then before marriage and babies.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I'm glad to hear us complaining about audio and video stuff in the Boston video rather than the color of cups...whew!

It didn't look odd to me the hair thing either...just when she comes out for Landslide she HAS bangs they are just pushed over to the side, not very hard to figure out...

Chris
Old 06-24-2004, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No there was a flash of a girl that was Kristen I guess. I guess it was in the beginning. It was nothing to do with Courtney, who was also there.
Oh... I think I know the one you are talking about... The one smiling, right? You're right it looks like Kristin.

But the one clapping after GDW was Courtney Love, wasn't she?
Old 06-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think that's Kristen during "Tusk" - I know me and some others analyzed the video to death to see if we could figure out who was her. Now that we know what she looks like, I do believe that's her during "Tusk" - front row - near Lindsey of course!

Yes, Courtney Love was there too but not to be confused with Kristen!

Lauren
Old 06-25-2004, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Courtney Love

Obviously Courtney can be seen too, I thought that most people would recognize her and I would not have to make a distinction..I guess I should have. There is another blonde, maybe it is before GDW??, who many were asking about..she is seen clapping as well and smiling and there was alot of speculation AFTER the baby was born as to whether this was actually Kristen. It looks like her to me.
As far as Stevie's hair goes, it certainly did not matter to me whether is was full or straight but I remember people discussing it.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 06-25-2004, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink Well, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren
IWe tried to figure out if Stevie and Lindsey were together, especially cause of "Landslide" and "Silver Springs".
Some things never change.

Old 06-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i know for most of us elders (fans that go back to at least the Tusk tour) we were shocked and amazed - but mostly happy that Stevie had finally gotten a vocal coach and redeemed her spot as the reigning queen of rock and roll.

Silver Springs was a big surprise and to see her "hit it out of the ballpark" (i hate sports metaphors) was the icing on the cake. I wasn't all that thrilled with all the extra players - one local newspaper here in LA called it "the fleetwood mac orchaestra" - but you take what you can get.