The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2004, 11:00 AM

Default DVD: Any decent audio copies yet?

All right, before I go through the trouble of doing this myself, I figured I would ask:

Has anyone made audio copies of the DVD songs yet? And if so, are they in stereo?

If not, well, I guess I'll have to do it, for I simply must have all those songs in my iPod, particularly, Never Going Back Again, Say Goodbye, Tusk, Second-Hand News, etc.

I have the audio editing software that will allow me to make pretty decent files of these songs, but I have to get the proper cable so I can connect my audio receiver to the computer and then spend the several hours it will take to copy the songs. I'll be happy to share the files if someone wants to post them. Of course, it's going to take me a while to get to this. Those of you whom I have promised audio files in the past know how long it takes me to get this stuff done. But, hey, my time is limited.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well over here we have to wait until august for the release of the DVD and it seems the CD won`t be there like in the US. I am very much looking forward to hear the live version of Come, so Carne if you manage to make a mp3 of this one it would be highly appreciated!
Old 06-16-2004, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
Well over here we have to wait until august for the release of the DVD and it seems the CD won`t be there like in the US. I am very much looking forward to hear the live version of Come, so Carne if you manage to make a mp3 of this one it would be highly appreciated!
Stefan, that one I already have. I got if from the audio CD. I can e-mail that to you. I know you sent me your e-mail address at one point, but I didn't keep it. When I saw that someone had given you the files you were looking for, I think I deleted it.

To e-mail it to you, I may have to reduce the audio quality to 128 bits or something like that. But it will be better than nothing.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've only been able to rip the audio from Disc 1 so far, so I have The Chain through Landslide in .wav form on my computer. And yes, they're in stereo. I'll be ripping the second disc soon, so let me know if I can send some of them your way.

Edit - I can convert them to other file formats. So you won't get .wavs, most likely.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
I've only been able to rip the audio from Disc 1 so far, so I have The Chain through Landslide in .wav form on my computer. And yes, they're in stereo. I'll be ripping the second disc soon, so let me know if I can send some of them your way.

Edit - I can convert them to other file formats. So you won't get .wavs, most likely.
Oh, dude, would you do that!!?? I would be eternally grateful. I was dreading the idea of sitting there trying to copy these things. Because I know I'm going to get totally Lindsey-perfectionist-freaky on it and end up tearing what's left of my hair out.

When you get it all done, let me know. We'll talk.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Ledgie

Ledgies,

If anyone has the show (or any of it not on the CD) ripped to MP3, I can and will gladly host them on my site if someone wants to post them but doesn't have space to do so.

I want to convert the show myself, but the equipment I have to work with is not that good any my DVD-rom freezes every few minutes.

Just e-mail me at Kev4711@aol.com
Old 06-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Aaaaaalrighty. I just finished splitting it all up into tracks. The setup of it's going to bug me, since on all my other SYW boots I have Say Goodbye ending Disc 1. But since this fades out on Landslide and I'm too lazy to do a crossfade, I just left it the way it is on the DVD.

I have webspace, but not nearly enough to host all the files (I'm about to convert them to 128kbps mp3), and I'm trying to save up so I can upload a bunch of LIB screencaps (I have 30 for BC & GDW alone!).

I *could* email it to NowSounds up there, and maybe he could post them. Let me know!

EDIT: Alright. I just tried to burn it to Audio CD for myself, and it seemed that I had to crossfade & add Say Goodbye & WTWCT to Disc 1. Disc 2 (with SG & WTWCT) ended up being around 90 minutes. So the only fades now are at the beginning & end of the concert.

Last edited by DeadliestPoison; 06-16-2004 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: I needed to update, etc.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well over here we have to wait until august for the release of the DVD !
Stefan, I just ordered the DVD at play.com, they deliver for free and this way you can see the thing about a month earlier, half of july. Euro 31.99, though....and if I'm correct, it's a region 2 disk, so i suppose we can watch that in all of Europe....

could you please change your avatar in van nistelrooij?

Your team played very tight!

Old 06-17-2004, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default bugger,bugger,bugger!

I just checked play.com I ordered last week, the releasedate was July 17th.
Now it says: August 30th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So don't bother....by that time you can buy it in a German store, too......

Old 06-17-2004, 07:25 AM
Ledgie

No prob, DeadliestPoison, just send them along to me and I'll put them, then I'll put up a page or let everyone know where to find them.

Kev4711@aol.com
Old 06-17-2004, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I too have space on my website to host some of these files. Let me know by e-mailing me at khowz2018@yahoo.com
Old 06-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
Stefan, I just ordered the DVD at play.com, they deliver for free and this way you can see the thing about a month earlier, half of july. Euro 31.99, though....and if I'm correct, it's a region 2 disk, so i suppose we can watch that in all of Europe....

could you please change your avatar in van nistelrooij?

Your team played very tight!
Gerald, it's very annoying but I have finally accepted that we have to wait that long for the DVD. I don't see proper reasons for that long delay but since nobody asked me about it it doesn't seem to matter I also have to buy a DVD player in order to see that thing, so FM leads me into the broad world of new technologies...

Van Nistelrooj- nah. Of course I have to admit that he is one of the best in the world and that was a freaking incredible goal. But I didn`t like what he said before... Btw Wörns better should have tried to alter the balls direction in the situation leading to the goal instead of making love to Van N. but all right. And Roy is on there because he was the only Bayern player (that was the point) this year to show top performances all through and still remained a sympathetic guy. Let`s see what happens on Saturday, I guess it will be thrilling to see NL versus CZE also!
Have fun
Old 06-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I received my...

copy of the DVD yesterday (As I was leaving to head to the Dallas show last night), And will in the next day-or-so burn it straight to CD-R using my TDK DA-3826 burner (Won't be either mp3 or wav) so I should have a great sounding version of this show afterwards...

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Van Nistelrooj- nah. Of course I have to admit that he is one of the best in the world and that was a freaking incredible goal. But I didn`t like what he said before... Btw Wörns better should have tried to alter the balls direction in the situation leading to the goal instead of making love to Van N. but all right. And Roy is on there because he was the only Bayern player (that was the point) this year to show top performances all through and still remained a sympathetic guy. Let`s see what happens on Saturday, I guess it will be thrilling to see NL versus CZE also!
Have fun
Did you see him say that? I simply cannot believe that he did. Ruud is as modest and respectful as Roy is. Are you sure it wasn't Bild-zeitung who wrote that?

And, yes, it was an unbelievable goal, I'll be sweating carrots next saturday . Good Luck against the Lets!

You see: I try to avoid the confrontation with the ridiculous waitingtime for the DVD...., to kill some time, we HAVE to meet again in the final!

gerald

Old 06-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Well...

I finished making my 2 CD-R copy earlier tonite and it sounds great (As I explained on another post I used the 2 Channel Linear PCM Stereo in favor of the 5.1 mix because I heard some things with the 2 differents mixers that were used for the DVD that bothered my ears...)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."