Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2004, 04:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Marysville Review

I just got home and I'm tired so this is going to be a really short review. The crowd seemed good tonight and security was easygoing about letting people go up to the stage. The concert was the same as usual but there were a few new dedications. Stevie dedicated Landslide to Lindsey's sister-in-law, Cory's mom. And then surprisingly Lindsey had a very emotional Say Goodbye dedication to his father. He said that driving from Sacramento to the venue made him realize that even though the world has changed greatly, there are still rural areas that haven't really changed at all. This realization made him think of his father who had grown up on a farm around Sacramento. Lindsey also mentioned that his dad died thirty years ago. This very touching dedicaton made both Lindsey and Stevie about ready to cry. I thought that this was one of the high points of the show because Lindsey was actually saying something from his heart and it wasn't one of his speeches that he's said a hundred times.

I also think Mick's solos are getting crazier and crazier. I actually understood a few of his words this time though. At one point he was talking about spending the night alone in bed and being lonely or something. Very strange.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great review! Are you Deborah? If so it was really nice to meet you again (for a few seconds :/) and I'm *so* sorry we ran out of there so quickly. We were following friends and didn't want to lose them. Hope to see you tomorrow night in Concord!

Lindsey's dedication was really touching. He was very emotional and took the rest of the song to compose himself. His voice would quiver and his eyes would well up; it was strange to watch... I've never seen Lindsey that way before. You could tell Stevie was trying very hard not to cry herself. She kept wiping her eyes and looking at the floor or at Lindsey with this pained expression on her face. Most of the audience was not so collected -- lots of sniffling and smeared mascara. A neat moment, considering we often joke about how rehearsed they all are in their speeches and movements. He got really choked up again during Beautiful Child and completely avoided looking at either Stevie or the audience until the song was over. Someone behind me kept telling me to take pictures and even tried to grab my camera (dude, back off) but it seemed like such a private moment, I didn't feel right about snapping photos.

Stevie has taken to vogueing (sp?) at the end of GDW. We saw Jess riding around on a little scooter before the show. He looked well. I swear Mick's solo gets longer and longer every night. Overall, another fantastic show, fun crowd, and for a change... good sound! I'll get some pictures uploaded in a bit.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

That's exactly what I called it (vogueing) after the Cleveland show. I thought that was a pretty awesome end to GDW! Shadow...Shadow...Shadow....

Don't just stand there, lets get to it, strike a pose, there's nothing to it.....
Old 06-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Golden Braid and Tiff! It sounds like it was a special night for them both. I'm sure being up in Northern California always makes them think about their past and their families. These shows often seem to be very special.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedSLN
Great review! Are you Deborah? If so it was really nice to meet you again (for a few seconds :/) and I'm *so* sorry we ran out of there so quickly. We were following friends and didn't want to lose them. Hope to see you tomorrow night in Concord!
Yes. Look forward to seening you tonight.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Thank you

It must have been a very special moment.
And it sounds like a wonderful concert.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy Dangit!

Reading about that dedication and their demeanor is making ME tear up!! LMAO!! It's so rare to hear something non-rehearsed and I pray someone got that on tape or video. How wonderful!

Thanks for the reviews!! Seems like they trickle in these days.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks so much for sharing with us. It sounds like it was a beautiful and very touching show
Old 06-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Junior Ledgie

Great review,Thanks for sharing!!

Old 06-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The California shows, particularly the Northern California shows often bring out the tears for Lindsey. Thanks for sharing the story (and the pictures, Tiff!)
Old 06-28-2004, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the review. I wish Lindsey would talk off the cuff more frequently during performances. Those are the things folks remember.

- Jake