Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2002, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac concert on cable

They are talking about this Fleetwood Mac concert that is going to be shown on cable tv. Supposedly this is not the Dance show again, but something new. Anybody know anything about this?
Old 12-08-2002, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last week (before Thanksgiving) I caught the end of a commercial for a Mac concert on one of the Cable Local Access Channels...and it looked like they were going to show the Mirage concert video. I caught a very small piece of the commercial and it was toward the end of GYOW from that show. I set my VCR as it was supposed to be on 11/30 at 8PM or something, but while I was away for the holida, the power went out! Stupid crappy power...
Old 12-09-2002, 02:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is this being shown the UK as well?
Old 12-09-2002, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know. Go to Mick's site and look in Mick's chat, there's a topic about it. http://www.mickfleetwood.com
Old 12-09-2002, 09:41 AM

I made the mistake of following that Mick Fleetwood link and made myself sick. Mick's self-promotion annoys the crap out of me. In his news and events section, the site said Guitar Center "honored" him. What a crock. They put up an interview with him on their site. That's almost as good as the "artist of the millenium" award Michael Jackson received at the Grammies.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
...That's almost as good as the "artist of the millenium" award Michael Jackson received at the Grammies...
loll! Yes, that was quite funny...what exactly happened again? Britney said something like "The award goes to MY artist of the millenium"....and then he came on stage and said "If I knew that I would one day be standing here receiving the artist of the millenium award..."......lol......!!

Poor guy, I really feel sorry for him. The most tragic case of "career going down the toilet" of all time....

Old 12-11-2002, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just saw the commercial tonight!!! So maybe they are showing it again! How exciting! I almost died when I saw Mirage Lindsey on tv!
Old 12-11-2002, 10:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
loll! Yes, that was quite funny...what exactly happened again? Britney said something like "The award goes to MY artist of the millenium"....and then he came on stage and said "If I knew that I would one day be standing here receiving the artist of the millenium award..."......lol......!!

Poor guy, I really feel sorry for him. The most tragic case of "career going down the toilet" of all time....

Hmmm. dont u just hate it when people get things so hideously WRONG about your fave bands and artists? As well as being a huge FM fan, I'm an even bigger MJ fan, the incident at the MTV awards (no, not the Grammys) wasn't a mistake, he was referring to the artist of the millenium award he received about a month earlier at the World Music Awards.

I'm not about to start speaking badly of FM here coz i'm a huge fan, but they are no more popular than MJ, so u can hardly say his career is "going down the toilet".
Old 12-11-2002, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by goldustboi
Hmmm. dont u just hate it when people get things so hideously WRONG about your fave bands and artists? As well as being a huge FM fan, I'm an even bigger MJ fan, the incident at the MTV awards (no, not the Grammys) wasn't a mistake, he was referring to the artist of the millenium award he received about a month earlier at the World Music Awards.
WHATT!!!????

Surely you're joking. Where did you get that information? It has been well documented that he grabbed the so-called trophy in the back, walked on stage and pretended to have received the so-called trophy as an artist-of-the-millenium award.

Look, spin is spin. And we get bombarded with it from all corners these days. So the last thing we need is more of it here. The guy is a freakin' subhuman flake who is so uncomfortable in his own skin that he has to keep bleaching it. Have you ever wonder why he has to bleach his skin? Could it have anything to do with wanting to wash it off of all the accusations of child molestation? [And I say "accusations" for legal reasons] He is an affront to good taste and decency, and the corporate f**cks who still put him in front of cameras for public consumption should be prosecuted and hanged upside down from fourth-story windows.

What, you probably also think that when he dangled his baby from the fourth-floor (or was it sixth?) it didn't really happen? Did we misinterpret that too?
Old 12-11-2002, 11:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

and of course, Stevie Nicks is a witch who casts spells on people is she?
u obviously haven't got a mind of your own if the entire content of ur brain is fed by tabloid newspapers.
And anyway, what has THAT got to do with the quality of his music? coz thats what I was talking about.if you are so caught up in what goes on in his private life then that makes me wonder how boring and uneventful your life must be.

Basically, I'm a fan of MJ coz of his quality of music and to be honest, he can have as much plastic surgery as he wants, that doesnt change the fact that he's extremely talented.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:09 PM

Quote:
u obviously haven't got a mind of your own if the entire content of ur brain is fed by tabloid newspapers.
And anyway, what has THAT got to do with the quality of his music? coz thats what I was talking about.if you are so caught up in what goes on in his private life then that makes me wonder how boring and uneventful your life must be.

Basically, I'm a fan of MJ coz of his quality of music and to be honest, he can have as much plastic surgery as he wants, that doesnt change the fact that he's extremely talented.
I have enough of a mind to know when somebody is talking utter nonsense. I don't even go near tabloid newspapers, but that's neither here nor there. I could tell you more about how news is gathered and disseminated than you could ever hope to know in a lifetime. The reports of this tremendous faux pas came from varied enough sources for an independent thinker with a keen analytical sense to know that it was indeed a stupid stunt that your freaky idol was trying to pull.

Look, you are welcome to waste your time with whatever ****ty music you want to clutter your mind with. That's your business, and I don't discuss musical tastes. But if you're going to come here and try to distort the truth or rewrite history, expect to be called on it. I couldn't possibly care less about Michael Jackson and his demented life style. But when behavior transcends from merely bizarre to criminal and life threatening (dangling a child from a balcony), then that is an insult to us all. He can do whatever he wants with his freaky self, but when he is on camera endangering the lives of children and allegedly molesting them, that should offend us all. Because that is an injury to the human community as a whole.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ummmmm..........
Don't you just love the smell of newbies being raked over the coals?

Carry on, Carne!
Old 12-11-2002, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca

I couldn't possibly care less about Michael Jackson and his demented life style. But when behavior transcends from merely bizarre to criminal and life threatening (dangling a child from a balcony), then that is an insult to us all. He can do whatever he wants with his freaky self, but when he is on camera endangering the lives of children and allegedly molesting them, that should offend us all. Because that is an injury to the human community as a whole.
Hey CV, I really wish one day you would just tell us what you really mean!

I do, as usual agree with you though.

...And may I add that anybody that reads the nonsense in the tabloids, do you REALLY know who has the final say in what you read? You may be surprised.

...And

Michael Jackson's outward appearance seems to be a result of what is going on inside. I wouldn't like to be inside his head. My Little Demon to say the least!

That's enough for me.

Last edited by madformac; 12-11-2002 at 01:57 PM..
Old 12-11-2002, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Look, it doesn't matter what Micheal Jackson looks like and it doesn't matter what his career is doing.

I totally lost the tiny percentage of respect I may have had for him when he dangled the baby over the balcony.

He's lost his mind. I feel pity for him but I also feel his children need to be taken away from him until his mental health is healed or at least proven OK.
Old 12-11-2002, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm not about to start speaking badly of FM here coz i'm a huge fan, but they are no more popular than MJ, so u can hardly say his career is "going down the toilet".
Goldustboi,

I didn't mean to offend you (or any MJ fan) in any way. Regarding the "artist of the millenium" award, I stated what I read, yes, in tabloids, but also in broadsheets, MTV news, the main channel news, websites, and radio. You obviously heard a different story from a different source.

And I distinctly remember him coming on stage and saying "If I knew that I would be here TONIGHT receiving the arist of the millenium award...". I'm not sure how that could be interpreted in other ways, but maybe it can.

Additionally, between the years of 1987 and 1994/5, I could have sworn that I was one of the biggest Michael Jackson fans in the world..."Bad" is my third favourite album of all time, and "Thriller" is in my top ten. I knew "Moonwalker" probably by heart, scene by scene, frame by frame....that's how much I loved watching it. I stood in line at Wembley Stadium for 16 hours on a very hot summers day in 1993 to watch him during the Dangerous tour. I still think that he is one of the greatest talents the world has ever seen, and will ever see.

HOWEVER, in my very humble opinion, the man has gradually over the past decade totally lost his mind. He has had accusations of child abuse brought against him, he has destroyed his face to the extent where he no longer looks human and public performances are literally scary to watch, he gave into greed and made the worst mistake of his life in turning against Sony...an insane battle which he could never have won: the result...his massively anticipated album, "Invincible", may as well have been named "Unlistenable" - the first single sounded like a demo from "Dangerous", and the video looked like "Smooth Criminal" gone wrong. The rest of the songs were, in one word, boring. They were of the quality that one would expect from somebody on "Pop Idol"...they went nowhere, and all sounded like material he had previously released between "Off The Wall" and "Dangerous". The same artist set the BENCHMARK and FRONT LINE OF MUSICAL ORIGINALITY when he released OTW, Thriller, Bad, and Dangerous. The album's chart positions imply that I am not the only one who holds such an opinion.

So, I will say it again, but this time insert the words "relatively speaking", his career has gone down the toilet.