The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:25 PM
Registered

Thanks to elle and bombaysaffires for the additional info, I can't get Sirius where I'm at
Old 04-28-2018, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Lindsey doesn't seem to be sensitive to this issue.

He doesn't seem willing to accept the fact the FM tour needs to be planned around Stevie's tour schedule.

This is probably this last FM tour that will include all four of the remaining members. I'm sure all four are quite anxious to have this tour begin as soon as possible. Every delay, increases the chances that someone's health will fail.

Lindsey is in good health. He can record solo albums and do solo tours for the next 20 years.
And why does FM tour need to be planned around her schedule? But this kind of comments only reinforce the notion of many of us that indeed she was the instigator in Lindsey's firing, because everything has to be done around her needs.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I can’t listen to the interview right now, does she actually say she can’t work with him again?
The 2019 story doesn’t make sense to me, in interviews for Buck McVie, both of them said they were hitting the road with FM in 2018
I didn't hear her say she can't work with him exactly but she may have, I had to tune her obnoxious voice out a few times because she just droned on and on

I never heard 2019 though...she said he wanted to wait for rehearsals until "next November" which in order to translate you'd have to ask her to say the year specifically in question. Technically 11/2018 is the "next November" but most people would call that "this November" or "this coming November" (but who could dare question the use of English by Bob Dyl...Stevie). Again, maybe I missed the mention of 11/2019 because I was sick of her crap and stopped processing her words.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m listening to the interview right now and Stevie will NOT stop talking!
Old 04-28-2018, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. the vote seemed to have been Mick and Stevie talking John into it. 3 of them talking a lot, according to Mick. not even trying to consult Christine. until they had 3 votes and it was done. then they "explained" it to her and now she "fully understands". it seems John was not as quick to "understand," but they "worked" on him. at least he had a say.
Well, I'd also like to believe that she wasn't consulted because they knew she would be against it, so they waited to convince John and voila, Christine's vote wasn't needed anymore.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-28-2018, 01:31 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I didn't hear her say she can't work with him exactly but she may have, I had to tune her obnoxious voice out a few times because she just droned on and on

I never heard 2019 though...she said he wanted to wait for rehearsals until "next November" which in order to translate you'd have to ask her to say the year specifically in question. Technically 11/2018 is the "next November" but most people would call that "this November" or "this coming November" (but who could dare question the use of English by Bob Dyl...Stevie). Again, maybe I missed the mention of 11/2019 because I was sick of her crap and stopped processing her words.
In the Rolling Stone article if I recall correctly they had 2019 in brackets, so I guess they had as hard a time interpreting Stevietalk as we do. But she said in the CBS interview he wanted it pushed back a year, which is April 2019, not November. So Stevie is having her usual difficulty with the truth.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As much as I like the band (the five of them), I hope he NEVER goes back again. After this stunt and the crap way they are handling it, even if Mick were penniless living on the street with a reformed Rumors-era Mac as his only saving grace to earn some coin to live his last years with some dignity, that Lindsey would tell them all to GFY's. He'd have to require some sort of formal apology and it won't happen.
That's what I'm hoping too, but knowing Lindsey's devotion to fans (in fact he's the only one that cares about FM fans) he'll do it one last time. They will manipulate him, and that makes me hate them even more.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:35 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, I'd also like to believe that she wasn't consulted because they knew she would be against it, so they waited to convince John and voila, Christine's vote wasn't needed anymore.
I'm actually surprised that it wasn't stated in their contracts that everything must be by unanimous decision. That's what I would have done.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Stevie talking over everybody? Surprise

I doubt he or the band hit a brick wall literally, "literally" being a word than is very often misused.
It's literally misused

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-28-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
The tour will sell out because the casual fan doesn't know the difference. They are hiding what happened with a red penguin. The concert will be fine , but missing Lindsey's magic, but Stevie will be reveling (secretly) in the fact that she got Lindsey kicked out and it is now basically her band. No more discussion of Lindsey on stage, but now it will be her discussing how much she missed Tom. SURE the tour will sell fine, but how do these freaking people SLEEP AT NIGHT!
#whoarethesepeople

BTW I'm pretty good judge of character which has been proven over and over again in my personal life. My love of Stevie didn't turn the last couple of years for NO reason. I picked up on her increasing bitterness, arrogance, and self important diva behavior.
This is what I truly can't understand! This wasn't just a business decision. I have to believe they all cut any kind of personal ties with Lindsey, a band member they have known for the past 40/50 years. How do you go on after this? You don't. Certainly Stevie carefully thought her revenge plan and what was at stake before executing it. A cold hearted woman indeed.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This setlist thing is mind boggling. The Queen has played almost the same damn songs on every Fleetwood Mac tour going back to 1990. They certainly used the extra space with Christine's absence to add Say You Will songs in 2003 and Stevie resurrected Sara/Sisters/Beautiful Child/Storms at different times along with Seven Wonders on the OWTS tour. But she isn't exactly lighting it up with her choice of rarities. She hasn't gone without Dreams/GDW/Gypsy/Landslide/Rhiannon/Silver Springs since The Dance. And Stand Back was dropped for the first time in 27 years in 2014.

For her to suggest Lindsey is the problem there is a joke. They are ALL a problem with the boring setlists. Chris hasn't touched her pre-75 output since when...1977? But now suddenly Stevie always wanted to do Station Man (Chris wrote it...or didn't...maybe she sang on it...wait it wasn't your song Chris? Whatever) and with Lindsey gone they can. This woman is exasperating.

Can't wait to hear about all the chiffon heads running for the Bud Light line when the Queen bolts the stage for a cape change during Rattlesnake Shake or Oh Well.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:41 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
That's what I'm hoping too, but knowing Lindsey's devotion to fans (in fact he's the only one that cares about FM fans) he'll do it one last time. They will manipulate him, and that makes me hate them even more.
It will be horrible if they yet again turn his new solo album into a "Fleetwood Mac" album
Old 04-28-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In the Rolling Stone article if I recall correctly they had 2019 in brackets, so I guess they had as hard a time interpreting Stevietalk as we do. But she said in the CBS interview he wanted it pushed back a year, which is April 2019, not November. So Stevie is having her usual difficulty with the truth.
Judging by the last three weeks, I'm starting to wonder if she ever told the truth in her life.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:44 PM
Registered

Quote:

Can't wait to hear about all the chiffon heads running for the Bud Light line when the Queen bolts the stage for a cape change during Rattlesnake Shake or Oh Well.
I can imagine what would be going through the minds of the average chiffon head when they pay attention to the lyrics of Rattlesnake Shake I highly doubt Stevie had even listened to the song when she brought it up as a potential for the new setlist.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It will be horrible if they yet again turn his new solo album into a "Fleetwood Mac" album
Well, it certainly won't happen now, if it ever happens. So it's safe to say his solo album won't be ruined by "these people" (that's how I call them now)