User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
I rarely drink Coke anymore. Usually I drink water or Seltzer now. I've also cut back on Coke. Trying very hard to get into green tea. But no am I drinking it without sugar. I'll vote for Kerry before I do that!

I don't like soda, for some reason. I hate that feeling of the carbonation in your nose. And it's loaded with carbs.

Old 01-21-2004, 03:30 PM

Oops, I meant I cut back on coffee.

By the way, Dissention, somebody else has center-channel mixes on her site. What's up with that? What is your site again?
Old 01-21-2004, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My server shut down. I'm too broke right now to pay anymore money for anything.

Old 01-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My vote is going to a third-party candidate if he gets the nomination. I feel betrayed by John Kerry.
I have few feelings about Kerry - except that I call him Frankenkerry. The resemblance is remarkable. Regardless, if I feel anyone has a chance to get the evil empire out of the White House, I will vote for them. I have never seen the country in such a hodge podge mess as it is now.
I am trying to be optimistic, but I think Bush will win - and that may be just fine, as his presidency will almost certainly implode with a second term. People will wake up as his policies do further damage to our wallets, our private lives, and every living thing on earth.
I better get back to being a gay guy now, and focus on singlehandedly destroying the institution of marriage just by existing.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.dubyaspeak.com/theologian.shtml

Here are a ton of Bush's Lord-lectures. Enjoy!

Old 01-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
She could take Bush in a heartbeat. Next to bush, she's the most "admired" person in the country and she'd get so many endorsements that we'd all be agape.
I have to disagree. I like her, and a lot of other people like her. However, she inspires in certain people (mostly women) a brand of hatred and vitriol I have rarely seen. For whatever reason. I don't think much of it is based on facts so much as personal issues. Her tough demeanor intimidates weak men ( I won't even go into that one) and infuriates traditional, conservative women.
I'd vote for her, but I don't think she could win.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
http://www.dubyaspeak.com/theologian.shtml

Here are a ton of Bush's Lord-lectures. Enjoy!
See - I read those and recognize that W is very religious and there is nothing wrong with that. Moreover, in those W repeatedly refers to other religions (Jews, Muslims, etc.) and respsects them except when people kill in their name. Although he speaks of hearing a call from God, he does not say God speaks to him and the "call" is just a general reference used by many to thank God for the path in their lives. In sum, I do not think it is a good thing for W to refer constantly and exclusively to the Christian God because I think it alienates other religions; after all you do not have to be a Christian to be an American, etc. But, I do not think W is a religious fanatic like OBL, who killed more than once in the name of his religion (which most Muslims denounce as a false religion) or Robertson and his ilk (who hate everyone but heterosexual, male WASPS).

Having said that, W and the far religious right (which is not all Christians by any means) are trying to force Christian values downthe throats of Americans through the marriage stuff currently going on. I think that is horrible, but it is far from fanatic. In fact, most polls indicate it is mainstream.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sparky
I have to disagree. I like her, and a lot of other people like her. However, she inspires in certain people (mostly women) a brand of hatred and vitriol I have rarely seen. For whatever reason. I don't think much of it is based on facts so much as personal issues. Her tough demeanor intimidates weak men ( I won't even go into that one) and infuriates traditional, conservative women.
I think she'd get almost every Democratic vote, actually. The far-left liberals would vote for her just to get even with ChimpCo and his cohorts.

Old 01-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sparky
I agree. I mean it is as if some women hate her just because she is successful. Granted, she and her husband are not the most honest people in the world, but what politician is. I even saw something last week where callers were calling in and saying how refreshing it was to have a housewife first lady again. I was like Steppford Wife anyone Note: I do not think LB is a Steppford Wife.

Old 01-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
See - I read those and recognize that W is very religious and there is nothing wrong with that. Moreover, in those W repeatedly refers to other religions (Jews, Muslims, etc.) and respsects them except when people kill in their name. Although he speaks of hearing a call from God, he does not say God speaks to him and the "call" is just a general reference used by many to thank God for the path in their lives. In sum, I do not think it is a good thing for W to refer constantly and exclusively to the Christian God because I think it alienates other religions; after all you do not have to be a Christian to be an American, etc. But, I do not think W is a religious fanatic like OBL, who killed more than once in the name of his religion (which most Muslims denounce as a false religion) or Robertson and his ilk (who hate everyone but heterosexual, male WASPS).

Having said that, W and the far religious right (which is not all Christians by any means) are trying to force Christian values downthe throats of Americans through the marriage stuff currently going on. I think that is horrible, but it is far from fanatic. In fact, most polls indicate it is mainstream.
Sorry, but I have no patience or tolerance for Chimp going over to foreign countries and climing our country is blessed by God, the Almighty, the lord, the divinity. Here are some of the most offensive:

"It's also important for people to know we never seek to impose our culture or our form of government. We just want to live under those universal values, God-given values."

"Well, first of all, you got to understand some of my view on freedom, it's not American's gift to the world. See, freedom is God -- is God given."

"It's so inspirational to see your courage, as well as to see the great works of our Lord in your heart. "

"If I may, I'd like to remind you what I said at the State of the Union. Liberty is not America's gift to the world, it is God's gift to each and every person. And that's what I believe. I believe that when we see totalitarianism, that we must deal with it."

"One of the great things about this country is a lot of people pray."

"And we base it, our history, and our decision making, our future, on solid values. The first value is, we're all God's children."

He can have his personal beliefs, but spouting them like gospel is too much. It's offensive. He should not be expressing his beliefs with American tax dollars.

Old 01-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry, but I have no patience or tolerance for Chimp going over to foreign countries and climing our country is blessed by God, the Almighty, the lord, the divinity. Here are some of the most offensive:

"It's also important for people to know we never seek to impose our culture or our form of government. We just want to live under those universal values, God-given values."

"Well, first of all, you got to understand some of my view on freedom, it's not American's gift to the world. See, freedom is God -- is God given."

"It's so inspirational to see your courage, as well as to see the great works of our Lord in your heart. "

"If I may, I'd like to remind you what I said at the State of the Union. Liberty is not America's gift to the world, it is God's gift to each and every person. And that's what I believe. I believe that when we see totalitarianism, that we must deal with it."

"One of the great things about this country is a lot of people pray."

"And we base it, our history, and our decision making, our future, on solid values. The first value is, we're all God's children."

He can have his personal beliefs, but spouting them like gospel is too much. It's offensive.
Agreed - but it is not fanatic to me or at least how OBL set the bar for fanaticism. Also, as you know, we really agree in the end because I think govt. has no place at all ever in religion and I am a religious guy.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-21-2004 at 04:18 PM..
Old 01-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Is it just me, or does green tea taste like grass?
I like it but then again, I drink wheatgrass.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I like it but then again, I drink wheatgrass.
lawn mower clippings - EEEEWWWWWW - but considering the toxins I put in my body, that is a great anti-toxin

Old 01-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I don't like soda, for some reason. I hate that feeling of the carbonation in your nose. And it's loaded with carbs.
I gave it up about 7 years ago. I can't stand the taste of it now.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Agreed - but it is not fanatic to me or at least how OBL set the bar for fanaticism. Also, as you know, we really agree in the end because I think govt. has no place at all ever in religion.
Yes, we agree. However, Bush is a fanatic. There are varying degrees of fanaticism, OSB being the most extreme. but Bush is still a fanatic who's trying to push his Lord-agenda on everyone.

He has a higher calling like I have buns of steel.