User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Ah! good info. Although whether her heart was in it or not, I think she was miscast in Anna and the King.
Yeah, Contact was pretty ok. I mean, she was okay, the movie was medium.
I agree about the romantic lead, and Kinski, although I thought she did a great job with Richard Gere in that Return of Martin Guerre thing (forgot the new title).
People are critical of that movie, but I thought she brought a lot of subtelty and truth to it, including the love scenes. When she shaves him? Nice. Those moments were very good, IMO.
Oh yeah "Sommersby I thought she was underrated in that definately one of Gere's better performances too.She turned down Demi Moore's part in a Few Good Men which had been written with her in mind. to do that one.All her Oscar nominations have been films with no male romantic lead though .Unless you count Hannibal Lecter and Travis Bickle as romantic leads.

Old 09-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3
Unless you count Hannibal Lecter and Travis Bickle as romantic leads.
Oh, crikey. When Hannibal (the book) first came out, I was saying to myself "Jodie Foster had better turn this crap down or I'll lose all respect for her." I mean, Clarice taking up Lecter's fondness for human flesh, shacking up with him, and then escaping with him? I threw the bloody book across the room, no lie. Thank the stars they changed that ending for the movie.

Old 09-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Oh yeah "Sommersby I thought she was underrated in that definately one of Gere's better performances too.She turned down Demi Moore's part in a Few Good Men which had been written with her in mind. to do that one.All her Oscar nominations have been films with no male romantic lead though .Unless you count Hannibal Lecter and Travis Bickle as romantic leads.
Oh, my. I'm kinda sad you told me about that, actually. A Few Good Men is one of my top favorite movies, and I like Demi. Also, I like how her and Tom Cruise are twins in that movie.
But - Ms. Foster could've brought so much more.
Actually, I'm glad she didn't do it, it's not enough part for her.
yeah, she does better as the star. My very favorite has always been...The Accused.
Ha, I forgot she was in "Maverick", too. That movie was pretty funny. She was good, even though we don't generally think of her as having comedy chops.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Oh, crikey. When Hannibal (the book) first came out, I was saying to myself "Jodie Foster had better turn this crap down or I'll lose all respect for her." I mean, Clarice taking up Lecter's fondness for human flesh, shacking up with him, and then escaping with him? I threw the bloody book across the room, no lie. Thank the stars they changed that ending for the movie.
I'm still glad she turned it down anyway.And to think Thomas Harris spent all those years trying to get the psychology of the character's just right.Odd one he is.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm still glad she turned it down anyway.And to think Thomas Harris spent all those years trying to get the psychology of the character's just right.Odd one he is.
Odd is an understatement. I'm convinced it took all those years because he didn't know what to write. I was pleased with the movie because I adore Moore and was happy they removed that insulting ending, but I was also disappointed they completely removed Mason Verger's bodybuilding sister from the plot.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I actually loved the book. I hated what that pr*ck Ridley Scott did with the movie. But then I usually hate was he does, with Alien being the one exception.

I do adore Julianne Moore and Anthony Hopkins though.

Last edited by CreepingDeath; 09-11-2005 at 11:51 PM..
Old 09-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Flightplan sounds a great movie, I'm curious to see it.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 09-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think the Gere movie is called "Sommersby." I saw it in the theater with my grandma when I was in my early teens. Hated it, but hey, I was a teen boy.
Yes, it was Sommersby. And I think that I was the only person who liked that movie.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath
I actually loved the book. I hated what that pr*ck Ridley Scott did with the movie. But then I usually hate was he does, with Alien being the one exception.

I do adore Julianne Moore and Anthony Hopkins though.
I am NOT a fan of Scott in the least, but I thought Hannibal was exceptional. Very elegant in certain sections and I loved the way he directed the "dinner scene." I enjoyed the book for the most part until the end. The ending just rang completely hollow. Drugged or not, Clarice put up no resistance when she woke up and the first thing she did upon awakening was eat Krendler's sauteed brains with Lecter. Then Lecter starts sucking her breasts all of a sudden? Then they have torrid sex? Then they escape together and, when the drugs wear off, she still wants to stay with him? Then they go after Barney at the opera? I couldn't swallow any of it, it made no sense.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's on "Letterman" right now and she looks GREAT!!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBlackScarf
She's on "Letterman" right now and she looks GREAT!!
Thanks I didn't realize she was going to be on I 'll watch it when it comes on out here.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Letterman seemed very besotted with her this evening. And she's quite charming and of course, intelligent. Must be a breath of fresh air from the types he usually has on! Remember how Stevie gets him going!!? Same effect.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBlackScarf
Letterman seemed very besotted with her this evening. And she's quite charming and of course, intelligent. Must be a breath of fresh air from the types he usually has on! Remember how Stevie gets him going!!? Same effect.

I can't wait till it's on here! Jodie is one of my "Stevie" movie stars. ie, I love her. She is so smart and so cool. I'm glad letterman loves her, and I love Stevie with letterman, too.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-14-2005, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber

I can't wait till it's on here! Jodie is one of my "Stevie" movie stars. ie, I love her. She is so smart and so cool. I'm glad letterman loves her, and I love Stevie with letterman, too.
Damn! you love Jodie and Stevie and don't have a cell phone.Now why can't you be a gay guy!

Old 09-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
:
Damn! you love Jodie and Stevie and don't have a cell phone.Now why can't you be a gay guy!
Exactly. It's the pain of the straight girl. Sesly, though, you should come over here and come to the whitehorse with me. We could chat. No big.

Anyways!!! my point is, I'm watching Jodi right now, and she looks and is just as spectacular as always. Plus? I love her simple black dress with a fabulous neckline!!! (it's the joy of the flatchested girl with great collarbones and nice arms.)
She is so smart. I know she's a Scorpio, and has the same birthday as Meg Ryan, but I've always been smitten. (I'm pretty predictable with liking Scorpios. Exceptions include Julia Robers and Winona Ryder).
Jodie is just greatness. I could (and have) fallen in love. You know what's weird? Her smile/teeth are disarmingly cute. She's all uber smart, and serious, and cold intelligent eyes, and severe cheekbones and face structure...and then she smiles, and she has these cute little teeth. And her eyes light up. Totally different Jodie.

Now I understand when people tell me I'm totally different when I smile. Jodie is totally different when she smiles. It goes from super serious to supercutie.

Oh.My.God. They showed her as Becky Thatcher. Good god, has there ever been a better child actress? (No!)
One of my favorite movies is "The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane".

Okay, I'm totally ridiculous right now, but I really love JF, always have, and i'm soooo excited to see her back.<3333333333333
*dork*

Last edited by amber; 09-14-2005 at 02:27 AM..