Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac reuniting again

I've heard it all before...

http://music.msn.com/music/article.a...7058&GT1=28102

Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks has confirmed the band will reunite next year. The group last toured in 2009 and their most recent album, "Say You Will," was released in 2003.

The singer and her bandmate Lindsey Buckingham are both busy working on solo material, but they plan to resurrect the band in 2012 once they wrap up their side-projects -- and Nicks reveals they are considering recording a new album.

She tells Perez Hilton, "When [my new] album and Lindsey's album come to a stop then Fleetwood Mac will gather again and we'll either make another record or we won't and we'll just go on tour."
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 05-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If there is an element of truth, for the love of Buddha let it be a new album with a tour tied in with it. A new tour of old songs probably wouldn't cut the mustard anymore, sadly.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
If there is an element of truth, for the love of Buddha let it be a new album with a tour tied in with it. A new tour of old songs probably wouldn't cut the mustard anymore, sadly.
Agreed. I'd rather have the new album than the tour - but both would be wonderful!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 05-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a tour wouldn't be so bad, who knows maybe they'll acknowledge the fact that they have albums other than Rumours this time.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It really is time for Fleetwood Mac to get back together. Both Stevie and Lindsey have done their respective solo albums/tours. Remember its been 8 years since Say You Will. So 2012 should be the "Year of the Mac"!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
Just a tour wouldn't be so bad, who knows maybe they'll acknowledge the fact that they have albums other than Rumours this time.

After it's just reentered Billboard and been covered by Glee? Um, I don't think so...
Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be neat if they did a 20 song set, devoting the first half to material from Mirage and earlier, and the second half to material from Tango, Behind The Mask and Say You Will.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think (hope) SN quote was taken from Perez interview - where she said that after she / LB are done with their solo activities FM will reconvene, maybe for an album, and if nothing else for a tour. in that interview, she didn't say they will tour in 2012, although that was NME article title.

i really hope it will not be a recap of 2009 (tour but no album). although, i never saw FM live, and wouldn't mind seeing them tour sooner rather than later i guess (and they did take several years to put out SYW). maybe w/ DS at the helm / keeping peace in the house they can finish new album in a year?
Old 05-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
After it's just reentered Billboard and been covered by Glee? Um, I don't think so...
Hence "... "
Old 05-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
So 2012 should be the "Year of the Mac"!
Yep, so it will be "45 Years ~The Chain"
Old 05-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is what I said about the same thread in the Stevie forum:

This article is using an offhand comment from another interview for the basis of their summation that Fleetwood Mac will indeed reconvene next year. I wouldn't pin my hopes on this info, guys.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
This is what I said about the same thread in the Stevie forum:

This article is using an offhand comment from another interview for the basis of their summation that Fleetwood Mac will indeed reconvene next year. I wouldn't pin my hopes on this info, guys.
yes. see message #8 above.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I agree that a new album and then touring it would be the preferred option. Tour would not probably then be until at least well into 2013 if it takes them their usual long time to cut an album.

However if they just toured I think it would still be wonderful - Unleashed was a massive success and I think another hits tour would still do just as well. I'd still love it anyway!
Old 05-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I agree that a new album and then touring it would be the preferred option. Tour would not probably then be until at least well into 2013 if it takes them their usual long time to cut an album.

However if they just toured I think it would still be wonderful - Unleashed was a massive success and I think another hits tour would still do just as well. I'd still love it anyway!
Either way, if a tour happens we can meet up and catch Lindsey as he leaves through the back door of the venue We stand a better chance of meeting him if we group together haha.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love an album but I wouldn't mind just a tour. I'd take anything really.