Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Reno tix for sale

I ended up with two more tickets than I needed for the Reno show this Thursday.

Section FLR 1 Row 27 Seat 1,2

I paid $170/ea. for them, but I'd let them go for $100/ea. PM me if you are interested.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:42 PM

Default Reno

24 Karat Gold Tour resumes in Reno

After a two month break, Stevie Nicks resumed the 24 Karat Gold Tour, kicking off Leg 2 in Reno, Nevada on Thursday night. Stevie admitted she was nervous and uncomfortable after being off for so long, but she thanked the crowd for being so supportive, calling them “Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!”

Producer Keith Olsen (Buckingham Nicks, Fleetwood Mac) was at the show. Stevie first mentioned him during the band introductions, crediting him for introducing her to guitarist Waddy Wachtel, her “best friend” and “confidant” of more than 45 years. Stevie brought Keith out onstage at the end of the show for the final bows.

Like on the previous leg, Stevie first prepared the crowd for eclectic mix of songs (deep cuts) coming their way.

“What I did was I went back through the, like…what do you want to call it? You know, the years! I went back through the years and back to the catalog and I found all the songs that I really love that for whatever reasons that did not go on records because not because they weren’t good enough, but because I didn’t like the way they were done. And as a strong woman, I said at the very end, ‘I don’t like it, you have to fix it!’ So these are some of those songs. There are some other things. Anyway, it’s a journey, it’s a trip. Come with me on my journey, all right? Let’s go!”

While the tour mainly picked up where it left off in December, with the set list unchanged, Stevie added new drummer Drew Hester to her band, replacing outgoing drummer Scott Crago. She thanked Drew profusely for being able to pick up the drum parts in just two weeks’ time. “Our new favorite drummer” has “come in and saved our life,” Stevie told the crowd.

Stevie continued to tell long stories about the songs in the set list to the joy — or frustration — of the audience, depending on their desired concert experience. But her band introductions were noticeably shorter and succinct.

Fellow Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee The Pretenders, led by singer-songwriter Chrissie Hynde, accompanied Stevie once again, opening the show as the support act. As expected, Chrissie joined Stevie on the stage for another lively rendition of “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around.” Humble and playful, Chrissie told the crowd how much she adored Stevie.

Set List
  1. Gold and Braid
  2. If Anyone Falls
  3. Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around
  4. Belle Fleur
  5. Gypsy
  6. Wild Heart
  7. Bella Donna
  8. Enchanted
  9. New Orleans
  10. Starshine
  11. Moonlight (A Vampire’s Dream)
  12. Stand Back
  13. Crying in the Night
  14. If You Were My Love
  15. Edge of Seventeen
  16. Rhiannon (encore)
  17. Landslide (encore)

Touring Band

Lead vocals Stevie Nicks
Guitars/Musical Director Waddy Wachtel
Hammond Piano Ricky Peterson
Drums Drew Hester
Grand Piano Darrell Smith
Bass Al Ortiz
Guitars Carlos Rios
Backup vocals Sharon Celani
Backup vocals Marilyn “Minnie” Martin

Transcriptions:

If Anyone Falls
What I did was I went back through the, like…what do you want to call it? You know, the years! I went back through the years and back to the catalog and I found all the songs that I really love that for whatever reasons that did not go on records because not because they weren’t good enough, but because I didn’t like the way they were done. And as a strong woman, I said at the very end, “I don’t like it, you have to fix it!” So these are some of those songs. There are some other things. Anyway, it’s a journey, it’s a trip. Come with me on my journey, all right? Let’s go!

Belle Fleur
So you probably know this is our first show. We’ve been off since the 18th of December. So we did 28 shows, Chrissie Hynde/Stevie Nicks. So this is the first time I’ve actually seen here since the 18th of December. I know, it’s all…it’s all rather shocking and amazing! So if I seem a little bit discomboobled, it’s because I just haven’t been onstage in so long that I’m kind of asking myself, ‘What you doing up here?’
OK! So anyway, this song, this next song could have been written in 1981, or whenever it was written, which could’ve been written by Chrissie Hynde or me, it’s about… When I first joined Fleetwood Mac, I had a Toyota. It was the…and it had no reverse. And did I mention I was a waitress and a cleaning lady? And so when I joined Fleetwood Mac, the first thing that I got, like two weeks into it, was I was picked up by a limousine, and I got a first class ticket on a plane. So this was really different than what I used to. So I always to this day have this picture of this long black limousine driving up in front of my house to pick me up. But what happened was that that started to become the picture of the limo coming to get me to take me away. So if I had a boyfriend, it was goodbye, but it might not be goodbye forever, but it usually was because if you go on tour, you usually don’t know how long you’re gonna be out. This (24 Karat Gold) tour was supposed to end on the 18th of December, and here we are two months later. So the fact is you can never actually give somebody a real answer. So the limousine started to become to me the thing that came to take me away. So this song was written about the big black limousine that comes to take you on tour and basically that relationship is over. Sad, but nevertheless, over. It’s called ‘Belle Fleur.’

Wild Heart/Bella Donna
Well, I have a story about this song, these two songs. Bella Donna was only done..it was a very short tour because I made that promise to Fleetwood Mac that I would only be gone for a little while. So we made the record, we did like a couple of weeks, and then I was off to Paris to do Mirage. So it was my promise, I kept it. I’m still keeping it…even after all these years. So anyway, Bella Donna ended up being very successful…lucky, lucky, lucky. However, many times when an artist walks away from a really big band, then makes a solo record, and it’s successful, then what is said about that is that it was a fluke. I was terrified that they would think that Bella Donna was a fluke.
So when I was off making Mirage and doing the very, very long Mirage tour, I was writing Wild Heart and setting myself up to hit the ground running the second I got home, which I did. It’s like…go home, unpack, straight into the studio. So we made Wild Heart. It was not as organized. It took a lot longer than three months. But it ended up to also be very, very crazily successful, which proved that Bella Donna was not a fluke, and therefore, my solo career was not a fluke.
This made me very happy because I even knew even way back then that for me, the Gemini that I am…the two personalities, the person that gets bored…it’s like I needed both of those tours to be happy. I wouldn’t have been happy to be in either one all the time. So that’s my Wild Heart and Bella Donna story.

This cape is on the back of the Bella Donna album, and it has been with me since 1981, and I’m gonna show you.

The interesting thing about this is that, you know…you don’t know this…but my mom, Barbara, was very frugal, even though my dad was very successful. And certainly they were very poor, and they worked very hard, and he made a lot of money, and then she didn’t have to be frugal anymore, but she never learned how not to be frugal, and she pounded that into me. So when I started doing all this stuff, this little number here cost like $2,000. And that [inaudible] a lot of money. So my mother would have like fallen dead on the floor if she’d known. And so I’d always think that if she was standing right here, she would look at this and go, ‘Well, Stevie, you made a very good decision on the fabric because it’s silk chiffon, and you know that’s what they make boat sails out of, and that was why it is in perfect shape 30 years later.’ So thank you, Mom, for teaching me to be frugal.

Gold Dust Woman
Thank you. “Gold Dust Woman” has been done in every show, really, since the very beginning, since the beginning of the Fleetwood Mac, all the way through the beginning of Bella Donna, all the way through from those two records, all the way up to now. This song has never been dropped in the set, never once. So it’d always have its way. It morphs into a different… Depending on who’s playing, our vibes, it goes in and out of its own story. It changes every single time we do it on stage. So thank you for that.

Edge of Seventeen
Thank you, everyone. You have been a completely rockin’ audience! And whenever you do a first show, it’s always frightening because you’ve forgotten some things, you’re a little uncomfortable, and you’re little out of…you know…out of whack in your head. And so you always, when you walk in, you go, “Oh my God, I hope this is an audience that’s really gonna just roll with us and like kind of hold us up a little bit,” and you did that, you really did that. Thank you so much! I will be able to go on from here and feel like we did a good show, and now we can go on and we can be back to where we were when we stopped in December. Thank you so much for that, it means the world! You’ve been awesome! So awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Triple awesome! Thank you!

Videos and Twittersphere here on the main page: http://stevie-nicks.info/2017/02/24-...sumes-in-reno/

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-25-2017 at 05:07 PM..
Old 02-24-2017, 03:49 PM

First videos on Youtube:

Starshine:

Gold Dust Woman:

Edge of Seventeen:

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-25-2017 at 08:27 AM..
Old 02-25-2017, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One correction... There's a new drummer, Drew Hester.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
One correction... There's a new drummer, Drew Hester.
Thanks, I've updated and added another video.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-25-2017 at 05:29 PM..
Old 02-25-2017, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for posting. I have been laughing at Stevie's stories at this show. My statement analysis training was buzzing about her comments about keeping promises to Fleetwood Mac. She talks about her short Bella Donna tour and keeping her promise to Fleetwood Mac to make it to Paris to record Mirage (actually she was under contract to do so). She went on to say that she is still keeping promises to Fleetwood mac today. That tells me she feels a bit guilty about not recording with them or to the people that would ask her why she chose not to record with them.
I also had to laugh when she said she went on the road for a very"Long" Mirage tour. Mirage was only 18 cities or something and was the shortest Mac tour ever.
Gotta love her though
Old 02-25-2017, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for posting. I have been laughing at Stevie's stories at this show. My statement analysis training was buzzing about her comments about keeping promises to Fleetwood Mac. She talks about her short Bella Donna tour and keeping her promise to Fleetwood Mac to make it to Paris to record Mirage (actually she was under contract to do so). She went on to say that she is still keeping promises to Fleetwood mac today. That tells me she feels a bit guilty about not recording with them or to the people that would ask her why she chose not to record with them.
I also had to laugh when she said she went on the road for a very"Long" Mirage tour. Mirage was only 18 cities or something and was the shortest Mac tour ever.
Gotta love her though
yes! This totally jumped out at me too. She's a clever cookie and that was definitely a Stevie "spin" on the band's current events. ; )
Old 02-26-2017, 05:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yes! This totally jumped out at me too. She's a clever cookie and that was definitely a Stevie "spin" on the band's current events. ; )
She is in the middle of persuading herself, this is how things are.
By May she will feel totally guilt free...
Old 02-26-2017, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She went on to say that she is still keeping promises to Fleetwood mac today. That tells me she feels a bit guilty about not recording with them or to the people that would ask her why she chose not to record with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
She is in the middle of persuading herself, this is how things are.
By May she will feel totally guilt free...
Not me. I see that as SN keeping her 'tour every 3 years' promise to FM, nothing to do with recording an album.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:59 PM

Rock and silk: Pretenders, Stevie Nicks shine in Reno

Stevie Nicks and Chrissie Hynde surely glistened when the 48-stop 24 Karat Gold Tour reconvened in Reno.
The Pretenders, which opened the Feb. 23 show at the Reno Events Center, carry the aura of a hard-working underdog band. Hynde made clear from the beginning she is not content being confused at all as a nostalgia act.
Larry Sabo / Tahoe Onstage
Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders win over audience in Reno.
Hynde epitomizes the word fierce. She strutted, sauntered and prowled across the stage, alternating between guitar and straightforward vocal duties. Her voice has every bit the edge and grace from the band’s 30 year-old records.
Larry Sabo Tahoe OnstageAfter a prompt 7:15 p.m. start, the Pretenders played to a still-entering and tepid crowd. Alternating aggressiveness with borderline tenderness, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band was clearly in the midst of an “on” performance. Reno’s slowburn response grew noticeably with each song.
Hynde told the sellout crowd of more than 7,000 the musicians enjoyed their time in Reno gearing up for this leg of the tour, shouting out the name of a midtown vegetarian restaurant, Great Full Gardens (Hynde, notably vegetarian herself, has owned restaurants), laughing they’d been visiting “twice a day,” along with Recycled Records and the Peppermill. The guitarist showed off his T-shirt sporting the name of one of Reno’s vintage clothing stores, Dick Diamond’s Golden Jackal.
When the band hit the second half of its set and the radio songs began to flow, the predominantly Nicks crowd response was summed up by the girls next to me who said, “I knew all those songs but never knew it was the Pretenders.” A string of upbeat songs followed: “Don’t Get Me Wrong,” “Talk Of The Town” and “Middle Of The Road,” ending with Hynde commanding the width of the stage while belting out the harmonica parts. The highlight was the lone ballad, “I’ll Stand By You,” when the quieter instrumentation at one point gave way to the collective singalong sound of the crowd.
Fiery but friendly, Hynde and the Pretenders concluded to an eruptive response. The band, even down to its simple hanging textured backdrop, chose chops over frills and showed plenty of chemistry and presence in an hourlong set.
Nicks, Fleetwood Mac’s former frontwoman, promised a more deep-track flavored selection, saying “We didn’t want to give you the same Stevie Nicks set you’ve been seeing for years.” The set carried no air of needing to be earned.
Larry Sabo / Tahoe Onstage
Stevie Nicks headlines the show.
The lace dresses and off-the-shoulder frocks lining the rows of attendees showed who the crowd had come to see. In contrast to the Pretenders’ urban strut and rockabilly dress, Nicks’ eight-piece band wore vests with button-down shirts and slim dresses. Nicks addressed the crowd with a jumpy and off-the-cuff manner, recalling stories and memories to go along with most songs in her set. Nicks’ unabridged memories touched on how songs and albums came to be, insights into how she chooses to communicate her ideas in poems, and she mentioned 40-year-old vaulted demos that are seeing their first live performances this tour. Her storytelling further endeared her to the crowd.
A brief collision of the night’s polar directions occurred shortly into the set when Nicks began to sing her Tom Petty duet, “Stop Dragging My Heart Around.” A few bars into the song, Hynde emerged from backstage to handle Petty’s vocals, with the two locked eyes and were all smiles throughout the song. It was the first spike in a set that would include a few.
Nicks knows well it takes only for her to twirl with outstretched arms, flash an image of friend and past-collaborator Prince on the digital backdrop, or move across the stage with her tambourine to elicit a roaring response from the crowd. Her vocals have noticeably lost a bit of their range over the years, but in a two-plus hourlong set, she went as far back as pulling from her 1973 “Buckingham Nicks” record to a solo selection favoring her earlier “Bella Donna” and “The Wild Heart” albums.
She also played the standard, much-anticipated hits “Gold Dust Woman,” “Rhiannon” and “Landslide.” And rousing seizure-tempting displays for “Stand Back” and “Edge of Seventeen” charged up the lulls following costume changes.
It was a night of contrasts but also of cohesion.
-Shaun Astor

http://www.tahoeonstage.com/stevie-n...-hynde-review/
Old 02-27-2017, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Adventures in Reno (or how I got Stevie Adjacent again)

Before there was Anthony Lower, and before even Ronnie Reeves, there was my mother, Janet Chick Baker playing the Bella Donna album around the house when I was maybe 8 years old. That was my first memory of Stevie Nicks. How that became my full blown obsession, I can’t tell you. People ask me all the time ‘What is it about Stevie?’ There are plenty of reasons: her songwriting, her image, the message she crafts, but the one reason that really matters, I cannot fully articulate. Stevie is to be Experienced, not Explained.

Mom texted me in early December to tell me that Stevie would be in Reno, and that I should come up and take her to the concert. It was said in fun, and I don’t think she really thought I would. I knew the minute she asked that this was something I should do for her. Like many mothers out there, my mother gives of herself so much, and works to make sure those around her are taken care of and happy. She sacrificed and worked hard to provide for her children. it was time for her to be rewarded.

Most of my time with mom is just for the two of us, but I will tell you all about the concert. I, of course, brought my Erica Palay original Stand Back scarf, both for Erica and also for Anthony, so that he was with us in spirit. I also added my new top hat from my Austin trip a few weeks ago. In fact, I wore the same exact outfit I had worn in Dallas with Anthony. I just added the hat. Not to be outdone, mom brought her hat, and a lovely silvery scarf, and a black blue with crystal appliqués. We were stopped several times and complimented on our duds (especially the hats).

(The Pretenders took to the stage. They were amazing. Moving on.)

And now it’s time for Church. Stevie took to the stage looking radiant and fabulous. This is the first time I’ve seen two shows from the same tour, so I’ll refrain from a song by song critique. I will say how much Stevie seems to be enjoying herself. Both times now, I have seen her at the beginning of the tour, and she is vibrant, energetic, so talkative, and in excellent voice. I of course, sang along with every song. My mother is the more casual fan, but I could see her enjoying even the songs that were new to her (later, she would tell me it was just as much fun to watch me watching Stevie as it was for her to watch Stevie).

The highlights from the show were again Moonlight and the Wild Heart/Bella Donna medley. Stevie seriously needs to re-record Moonlight.

As the show would down, Stevie performed Landslide, which has become something of a crowd sing along. For me, it’s not cheesy at all. It’s Stevie leading her followers in hymn. I wrapped my arm around my mother and we swayed to the music as I sang and thought about this marvelous woman beside me, and all she’s done for me. One concert isn’t enough to pay her back, but it’s a start. That is the image I will always remember from the show.

The show is over and we walk back to the hotel where we parked. It’s only a block, but it’s also only 25 degrees outside. I of course, refused to bring a coat, as I didn’t have one that matched my outfit. I mean, that’s reasonable. We get to the hotel and wait around for the valet to bring the car, with about 30 other concert goers. It’s so cold, we all wait inside. So every 5 minutes, I go outside to see if the car has arrived. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd time, I walk out. No car. I turn around to go back in when I see a large group headed to the doors of the hotel. Being the gentleman I am, I held the door open for them. As the get closer, I see Sharon Celani, Stevie’s backup singer. Immediately, my mind flashed to my awkward encounter with Lori Nicks back in Dallas. “Keep it together, Ham!” I admonish myself, and as the ENTIRE BAND walks through the door, I say: “You sounded great, Sharon! Hey, Carlos, great guitar. New Drummer Guy! You were fantastic! Marylin, such a beautiful voice!” They all thank me and walk though, as I’m congratulating myself for being so cool...and then remembering I have on my top hat. Marilyn even says, ‘Nice Scarf.’

This time, I decide it’s not stupid to ask for a photo, so I scramble back up to Sharon and politely ask her to pose with Marilyn. She says ok, and I say, “Great! Let me go get my Mommy!” Sharon and Marilyn are gracious, and so sweet. We take the photo and they walk on, as I try to keep from fainting.

I think to myself how lucky I am, and that this tour will always be extra special, as I got to see one show with my bestie and one with my mother. Both times I even got to meet backup singers. How could it possibly get any better? I ask myself as I drift off to sleep.
The next morning, Shannon Rusnack calls me.
To be continued...
Old 03-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Ledgie

Can anyone tell me about new merchandise that's been added since last year? Looking at the pic posted here it looks like there's a black long-sleeved Wild Heart shirt that I didn't see last year, as well as that blue shirt off to the right. What is the $20 thing to the right of the long sleeved shirt that looks like a cube? Are the tambourine necklaces still for sale? They didn't have that yet at the shows I went to and I'm dying to get one. Does anyone have a photo?
Old 04-15-2017, 05:48 AM

Good new and long video of the first night of the second leg of the tour, it includes:

Gold and Braid/If Anyone Falls/Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around/Belle Fleur