The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Joe Walsh on Howard Stern this morning (06-04-12)

Did anyone catch the full interview?

Heard parts on the way to work this morning. Howard tried to get Joe to talk more about his relationship with Stevie Nicks at least twice during the interview.

If I remember correctly, Howard was pretty amazed that they were a couple and seemed to think really highly of Stevie and how she said that he was the love of her life. Howard also mentioned something to the effect the she is/was one of the greatest songwriters. When he asked Joe about it, there was nothing but silence.

Howard asked Joe about the relationship a few minutes later mentioning again how Stevie considered Joe the love of her life. I got the feeling that Joe didn't want to say to much about their relationship because he is married now. Joe did mention that Stevie "helped" him with the Confessor album. He did mention a specific song, but I missed the title. He also mentioned that she wrote a song about him, and after about 10 seconds got close to the actual song title which of course was Has Anyone Written Anything For You.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Ledgie

Mu husband mentioned to me that he was on and talking about Stevie but he couldn't tell me anything specific..he said it was just chit-chat. I am going to see if they re-play it on sirrius. I want to hear it.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Joe Walsh is an insufferable turd blossom. I wouldn't p*** on him if he was on fire.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Found it! Go here.

19:40 - 21:39
41:41 - 42:18
47:21 - 50:29

Last edited by Nickingham; 06-04-2012 at 11:20 PM..
Old 06-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They start talking about Stevie around 19:40.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

he pretty much says it was a road relationship. it happened and it worked for the summer they were together (he says it was just the summer) because they were touring together, and they were both lonely, and they spent all that time together on the road. Once they got off the road, they went their separate ways.

When Howard calls her a great songwriter, Joe totally blanches and won't agree.

He also totally avoids answering the question "Did you love her?" although Howard tries to get him to answer it several times.

When asked if Stevie was one of the people he had to make amends to (12 Steps) he said yes.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't it last much longer according to Stevie, like 2 years?

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 06-05-2012, 04:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

When Howard calls her a great songwriter, Joe totally blanches and won't agree.
Even on her worst day, she's ten times the songwriter he is. I know you can't choose who you fall for, but I hope with every fibre of my being that she is totally over that excuse for a man.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Something else that really shocks me about Walsh is why he is so loath to deny Stevie any dignity or status at all? It's not as if she went around pointing out that she dumped him, the way she did with Lindsey after they split. The things Stevie has said about Walsh would make most men just nod and smile and say something non-comittal that left the subject in the realm of 'it wasn't to be' or 'life's like that'. But he seems to have a real nasty streak about her that makes me think there's either something important that we don't know - or he's just a really, really nasty piece of work. Even now. Sober.

Ugh, he's making me feel nauseous. Enough!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Didn't it last much longer according to Stevie, like 2 years?
I think the key is when he says they were monogamous for that one summer. I took that to mean they were still 'involved' for longer than that. I think many of Stevie's relationships had that feature of not ending cleanly, but rather petering out in a stuttering way over months or even years.

Really must stop posting in this thread, but it's pushed my buttons!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He is a douche and was never good enough for her....end of story...
Old 06-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Ledgie

I'd like to think that he feels bad about the years of trashing her, so maybe he now just keeps his mouth shut or says nothing at all. But, I could be wrong.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He doesn't sound to healthy.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
Something else that really shocks me about Walsh is why he is so loath to deny Stevie any dignity or status at all? It's not as if she went around pointing out that she dumped him, the way she did with Lindsey after they split. The things Stevie has said about Walsh would make most men just nod and smile and say something non-comittal that left the subject in the realm of 'it wasn't to be' or 'life's like that'. But he seems to have a real nasty streak about her that makes me think there's either something important that we don't know - or he's just a really, really nasty piece of work. Even now. Sober.

Ugh, he's making me feel nauseous. Enough!
Their situation reminds me of James Taylor and Carly Simon, who divorced presumably due to James' out-of-control drug problems. Carly today is mostly open to talking about their marriage and she has even expressed a willingness to maintain some kind of a relationship with him; after all, he is the father of her children. By sharp contrast, James wants nothing to do with her whatsoever. He has pretty much refused to communicate with Carly, let alone speak about Carly in interviews or acknowledge that they were ever even together. When Carly was on the Howard Stern show a few years ago, she mentioned that when her daughter Sally got married at James' house, she wasn't even allowed to go inside; Carly had to use the port-a-potty. Howard quipped that she should have taken a big **** right on the front lawn. Oh, how I love Howard and Carly...

The common theme here seems to be drugs. My *theory* is that, in the process of recovery, addicts take inventory of the people in their lives and determine who to keep and who to toss out. In the trash heap, theoretically, would be the enablers, the hangers-on, the triggers, etc. who can be perilous to one's recovery. In addition, there are those who have witnessed the addict's rock bottom, which can be a very, very dark place. Perhaps Joe has some kind of lingering resentment for Stevie because she was an enabler or she just couldn't/wouldn't save him from himself; after all, Stevie herself pretty much said that their addictions were spiraling out of control together. And who knows what Stevie witnessed when Joe was scraping along the bottom; perhaps he is so mortified by his own behavior that he has effectively blocked that period of time out of his mind. I suspect something similar must be going down with James Taylor...
Old 06-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Ledgie

Thanks for posting this. I am listening now. He's not perfect by any means, but at one point, he does say, "Stevie is special." That was kind of nice. But he definiely does deflect on other questions about her.