Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

I have another problem with Say You Will: it just sounds so studied & humorless. I guess you could call Come kind of witty, but then why is it so long? There's bad judgment all over Say You Will. Rumours & Tusk also have that very charming devil-may-care quality -- they give the impression of being spontaneous & casual. But Say You Will is portentous & kind of plodding. I don't think Fleetwood Mac is very good with such serious pop art -- they should be breezy & casual & witty. That's Stevie's & Lindsey's failing, too, as solo album writers & singers. Lindsey's first album was so dang cute because it was so goofy, but what happened to that Lindsey? I think he just got pissed off.
I think FM is great at making breezy and casual songs that can also be very meaningful to people. Like Louie said, they lost their "bridge" (Christine) which makes SYW sound very different from their albums. Sure they don't have as many casual pop songs but I also think that has to do with them growing older and having a different outlook on the world.
I find Lindsey's first album so goofy that it's hard for me to listen to it. For example, Johnny Stew? I get that it's just a fun, goofy song but hearing him growl and scream during the middle of it is just strange and not what I want to here.