Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-17-2021, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'd bet band management, ie Azoff
yep, no doubt. it was just a matter of time!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-17-2021, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Seems like Stevie's plan. Live off your "legendary" status and just get lots of stories that pop up in the press to keep your name out there and create the impression you are doing something. Stevie will NEVER, EVER, EVER publicly say she is "retired" because, let's face it, she defines her whole existence on the planet by her career. Chris saying Stevie won't tour again with FM takes Stevie off the list of top-touring acts and that will.not.do. She can't have #1 albums anymore but dammit she can still be in a top-grossing act.

That's what's frustrating about LB-- he's the one who actually seems to WANT to keep creating, and certainly can without the band, and isn't.... If he has any remote dreams that yet another LB solo album can morph into a big FM project/album he needs one of his wife's horses to give him a swift kick. Get on with it already.
please stop saying stuff like this. we do not need another [original] Gift of Screws repeat. no more rolling solo projects into Mac. one GOS tragedy was enough.

no matter how much some people here seem to be clamoring and insisting that Lindsey needs Mac, or Mac members, he doesn't. sure for friendship, but not for his career or his legacy.

he's not Mick and doesn't need money, plus his last few solo tours have been making money anyway. he needs artistic fulfillment. he needs to add albums to his legacy, the ones he has completed or in the making. what he doesn't need is to wait. so i'm with you there. that album needs to start getting out slowly - start releasing singles.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 02-17-2021 at 08:14 PM..
Old 02-17-2021, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd bet band management, ie Azoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yep! and Mick's gotten a call from SN/mgmt. how do you mean? Stevie Nicks would NEVER break / leave / insert your verb FM!
If she got a call from anybody, it was only to clarify this person‘s or that person’s standing with the band, not lecture her. Christine is almost 78, has been a part of Fleetwood Mac to some degree since April, 1968, and has written most of their hits. Stevie isn’t in a position to lecture her. THIS is why:

Quote:
Seems like Stevie's plan. Live off your "legendary" status and just get lots of stories that pop up in the press to keep your name out there and create the impression you are doing something. Stevie will NEVER, EVER, EVER publicly say she is "retired" because, let's face it, she defines her whole existence on the planet by her career. Chris saying Stevie won't tour again with FM takes Stevie off the list of top-touring acts and that will.not.do. She can't have #1 albums anymore but dammit she can still be in a top-grossing act.
The implication of this suggests that since the big touring days are over, Mick, Christine, and Mike now have the power, not Stevie. It was one thing during the LBCM days when Fleetwood Mac still had at least one more huge payday tour in it. That’s not the case anymore. If I were those three, I’d give her an ultimatum to make an album or be fired. Have the termination letter and a press release ready ahead of time. Stevie would be publicity humiliated, lose an income stream outside of her solo career, and Mike could threaten to bar her from any Heartbreakers reunion/tribute show.

Food for thought.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 02-17-2021 at 08:55 PM..
Old 02-17-2021, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
please stop saying stuff like this. we do not need another [original] Gift of Screws repeat. no more rolling solo projects into Mac. one GOS tragedy was enough.

no matter how much some people here seem to be clamoring and insisting that Lindsey needs Mac, or Mac members, he doesn't. sure for friendship, but not for his career or his legacy.

he's not Mick and doesn't need money, plus his last few solo tours have been making money anyway. he needs artistic fulfillment. he needs to add albums to his legacy, the ones he has completed or in the making. what he doesn't need is to wait. so i'm with you there. that album needs to start getting out slowly - start releasing singles.
Sure, his last few tours made money. One was him and a karaoke machine, one was with Christine, and the last benefited from his firing from Fleetwood Mac.

Whether or not Lindsey needs the money is irrelevant. Lindsey is in business and making money is a priority. Why do you think he’s been waiting to release it when he could tour behind it? He needs to promote it. If it was just about the art, he wouldn’t have signed to a label.

History has shown that whenever Lindsey teams up with Mick, his music gets much more attention than if he goes it alone. And, with Mick gushing about him in recent interviews, what’s the single easiest way for Lindsey to promote his music at this point?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-17-2021, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
History has shown that whenever Lindsey teams up with Mick, his music gets much more attention than if he goes it alone. And, with Mick gushing about him in recent interviews, what’s the single easiest way for Lindsey to promote his music at this point?
right, like BuckVie? Mick was on it and gushing about it.

the main sales it had was because of Christine and BBC advertising the sh*t out of it in the UK, where it was like #2 or something on the charts for a good long time. and they were stupid enough not to tour there.

Mick's presence and gushing about it did absolutely nothing for BuckVie album. and if he was on the tour with them, it would have been the same.

what history has shown is that Fleetwood Mac is a brand.

Old 02-17-2021, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
right, like BuckVie? Mick was on it and gushing about it.
It still charted in the Top 20 (#17) in the USA, which is significantly higher than any of his solo albums.

L&O was his highest (#32), driven by his Top 10 hit, “Trouble,” and we remember who played drums on that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-17-2021, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine was speaking honestly in that BBC interview. Her comments were very likely based on conversations she has had with various band members.

It is equally likely that Irving Azoff and Mick blew gaskets for different reasons. Azoff is looking out for the viability of his start client (Stevie). Fleetwood refuses to let the Mac torch die, no matter how low the flame burns to the wick.

I’m sure Stevie was pissed by Christine’s comments, too.

I, in turn, applaud Christine for being the same candid, and occasionally loose-lipped conversationalist she has always been.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
You could argue that Fleetwood Mac as an intact (ALL '75 members) actively recording band has been dead since 1997 due to Christine's absence for Say You Will.

They've been able to contractually agree to which venue, which city, and when they all need to show up at for concert dates (in various lineup configurations) and that's about it.

Lindsey was able to "heard the sheep" into a room for various sessions that came to be the E.P and then again with Christine's return that became Buckingham McVie.

It's such a shame so much time/energy was wasted kissing somebody's a$$, when so much other ground could of been covered before age became a factor.
One thing should be noted. According to Stevie, Christine was willing and eager to work on SAY YOU WILL, but was not willing to tour. Mick and Lindsey argued that this would not bode well for the band’s future. If they’d toured live without her new music, fans might get pissed. They had a point: if they were to survive the retirement of Christine McVie then they had to go full bore without her. But just imagine how awesome SAY YOU WILL would have been had she been allowed to participate!
Old 02-18-2021, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think you need to go back and re-read what I wrote, because what I was saying was exactly what you are saying...

I said that if he thinks he can hang on and turn his solo project yet again into a FM project, he needs to get a kick from one of his wife's horses.... as in, a kick in the head, as in, bad idea. As in, release your damned solo album already.

Here's a direct cut and paste:

"That's what's frustrating about LB-- he's the one who actually seems to WANT to keep creating, and certainly can without the band, and isn't.... If he has any remote dreams that yet another LB solo album can morph into a big FM project/album he needs one of his wife's horses to give him a swift kick. Get on with it already."

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-18-2021 at 12:29 AM..
Old 02-18-2021, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
One thing should be noted. According to Stevie, Christine was willing and eager to work on SAY YOU WILL, but was not willing to tour. Mick and Lindsey argued that this would not bode well for the band’s future. If they’d toured live without her new music, fans might get pissed. They had a point: if they were to survive the retirement of Christine McVie then they had to go full bore without her. But just imagine how awesome SAY YOU WILL would have been had she been allowed to participate!
The album actually would have been listenable and enjoyable! Seriously, cut that bloated POS down to 12 songs, with 4 of those being Chris songs.

I actually agree with Lindsey and Dick's argument. IF they had a hit, how could they go tour it without THE hit maker?

They should have let her record, and talked her into a SHORT 15-20 date tour, with no extensions.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I think SYW would have been much better with Christine’s 3/4 songs...and I like SYW as it is !!
they could have toured without her....they toured without Lindsey, didn’t seem to make a lot of difference to the average concert goer..
Old 02-18-2021, 04:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If she got a call from anybody, it was only to clarify this person‘s or that person’s standing with the band, not lecture her. Christine is almost 78, has been a part of Fleetwood Mac to some degree since April, 1968, and has written most of their hits. Stevie isn’t in a position to lecture her. THIS is why:

The implication of this suggests that since the big touring days are over, Mick, Christine, and Mike now have the power, not Stevie. It was one thing during the LBCM days when Fleetwood Mac still had at least one more huge payday tour in it. That’s not the case anymore. If I were those three, I’d give her an ultimatum to make an album or be fired. Have the termination letter and a press release ready ahead of time. Stevie would be publicity humiliated, lose an income stream outside of her solo career, and Mike could threaten to bar her from any Heartbreakers reunion/tribute show.

Food for thought.
Why would that 'publicly humiliate' Stevie? And she hardly needs an income stream after the publishing deal she signed. So they could try that gambit, but it would likely blow up in their faces
Old 02-18-2021, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
This is probably VERY close to the truth.

And thanks for mentioning the old scumbag selling Biddy's old panties.
Christine called Mick back after the clarification comments.

Christine to Mick: If there's been a fool around, its got to be me. Why are you so right when I'm so wrong. Everything you do is just alright. And I cant walk away from you if I tried
Old 02-18-2021, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
Why would that 'publicly humiliate' Stevie? And she hardly needs an income stream after the publishing deal she signed. So they could try that gambit, but it would likely blow up in their faces
The headline “Fleetwood Mac Fires Stevie Nicks” would humiliate Stevie, to be sure.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-18-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
The headline “Fleetwood Mac Fires Stevie Nicks” would humiliate Stevie, to be sure.
Agreed, her bloated ego would burst all over the newspaper. (because she doesn't use internet)