The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure this show will keep my attention. I'm not really finding any of the peeps to keep my interest, except Toby.

like Curtis said, they are all freaks...like...all of them. it's like Hot Topic exploded.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Paula, it's on at 9 Eastern/8 Central. You can see everyone's performances on rockstar.msn.com. Click "vote," roll your mouse over their faces to get the pop-up menu and then watch. I normally use Mozilla, but Explorer works better for me on that site. They also have the reality clips posted, all the stuff that goes on at the mansion. About 20 minutes worth for each week.

They keep all the performances up throughout the season too.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually liked Dilana this week. Storm, Patrice, Lukas, and Toby also did ok. I still think Dana has a good voice but she's just not a fit for the band. The rest of the group basically suck.

My prediction is that Zayra will go tonight. She was just awful and rude.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

I missed the first show, but watched last night. From what I heard they all pretty much suck. I will probably continue to watch just for the Dave and Tommy eyecandy. Loved Tommy calling that guy a bitch due to the lack of Mick "moves."
Old 07-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

I really wanted to enjoy the show this year, but I am finding it almost intolerable.

Last year's gang had character and personality. As did the INXS guys. This year, everyone is cold and plastic.

Dilana was awesome and I would just cancel the season and give her the gig. It's amazing what an influence Stevie continues to have. If there were no Stevie, that performance would have been completely different.

Toby is handsome and talented and makes a good runner-up. Phil would have made a good candidate for the INXS job.

Outside of that, I felt like I was watching karaoke. Were these really the best 15 out of the auditions?
Old 07-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt
Dilana was awesome and I would just cancel the season and give her the gig. It's amazing what an influence Stevie continues to have. If there were no Stevie, that performance would have been completely different.
Dude, ITA. Just give it to her - she's talented, she can sing, she's hot & she fits in great with the band. And I was thinking the same thing about her vocal similarity to later Marianne Faithful. Whoever said that (Livia) is spot on.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid
My prediction is that Zayra will go tonight. She was just awful and rude.
Yes, she was, but I thought the band was rude to her first. They blasted her for supposedly not knowing what they are looking for, but she was right when she said that they haven't said what they want. Instead of trying to do all the canned rocker moves and sounds like 80% of them, she did something different.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, I was able to see half of the performances (for some reason it only gave me half of them.) I still like Dilana, but wasn't blown away. It was more the arrangement that I disliked rather than her. Her performance was extremely Stevie-esque, in a good way.

Jill - WTF. Not a good idea to totally copy/imitate the original artist. Love Violt, love Hole, but she wasn't great.

I also caught Patrice & Storm, both pretty good. Zayra sucked. The boys I saw were not very memorable.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Dude, ITA. Just give it to her - she's talented, she can sing, she's hot & she fits in great with the band.
Dilana is awesome but for some reason I think Tommy is leaning towards Lucas.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Has this been mentioned yet? It's a crappy name anyway..

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...07-11-21-29-23

Band Sues CBS Show Over Supernova Name
By SANDY COHEN
AP Entertainment Writer

Jul 11, 9:29 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- What happens when two Supernovas collide? Lawsuit. A Southern California rock band called Supernova has filed a complaint against Mark Burnett's CBS reality show "Rock Star: Supernova," saying it had the name first.

The complaint, filed June 27 in U.S. District Court, claiming unfair competition and trademark infringement, seeks to bar the show and its participants from using the Supernova name. It is also asks for compensatory and punitive damages.

"Our clients believe they have the superior right on the mark Supernova," the band's attorney, John Mizhir, told The Associated Press Tuesday, adding that the band "has a long-standing common-law trademark right to the mark."

The group first performed under the name Supernova in 1991, according to the lawsuit. The band released several singles and three full-length albums under the name, the lawsuit says.

The CBS show using the name first aired July 5. "Rock Star: Supernova" follows 15 contestants who aspire to become the lead singer of Supernova, a new rock band that includes former Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee, former Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke and former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted. The winner will tour with the band and appear on its album.

According to the lawsuit, representatives for Mark Burnett Productions ("Survivor," "The Apprentice") filed seven U.S. trademark applications for the name Supernova and two for "Rock Star: Supernova."

Gary Hecker, an attorney for Mark Burnett Productions, said the company has the legal right to the name.

"The complaint is without merit," he said.

© 2006 The Associated Press.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Eh...

I don't really care about this since I won't be going to see this band in concert anyway. LOL Just saw INXS with JD....mmmmm....JD....and they were frickin' amazing!

Is it wrong that I think Phil is hot? Because...if it's wrong...I don't wanna be right. His voice leaves something to be desired though.

Dilana will probably win this thing.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Is it wrong that I think Phil is hot?
Not wrong at all.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Toby is handsome and talented
you got that right!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
you got that right!
He deserves better than to play in this supernova band, imo. I get the feeling the three guys don't like one another very much and a year from now there will be no supernova.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He deserves better than to play in this supernova band, imo
he could always pose for playgirl

I'm just sayin'