The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Every Day is one of my favorite songs on the album and when I first heard this version (after not having listened to the original in some time) I couldn't tell any difference, but now having played both back to back this one seems so much more full and lush sounding. Is it just me or do you guys hear it too?
Old 04-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can anyone share tips on how to burn this to a CDR? I can't play it, nor have I been able to convert it to a recordable file. I'm completely clueless when it comes to these things, but I've never had any problems before. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Can anyone share tips on how to burn this to a CDR? I can't play it, nor have I been able to convert it to a recordable file. I'm completely clueless when it comes to these things, but I've never had any problems before. Thanks.
Use the link Karma/Mathew provided instead. The songs are individually linked and you can DL them one at a time if you'd like, and they automatically go to your iTunes.

USE the link BELOW, provided by Mathew:

KarmaContestant
Addicted Ledgie

Here's the full acetate, lossless. A surprise gift from someone who would prefer to remain a mystery.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nqb9mk70f6pe5
Old 04-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

If you downloaded the WAV files, you can use something like iTunes or another similar program to import them into your library, and then burn them to CD as a music disc. Windows Media Player may work, as well.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 04-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for your help. It's much appreciated!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Thanks so much!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The one thing I don't understand is how this Thrown Down can be considered a part of TISL. I know it was demoed for it but the Wall of Sound version that people keep referring to is the one on this TISL acetate but I don't know how. I hear Lindsey on it prominently plus his guitar work and other nuances that make this an alternate outtake from the Say You Will album and not TISL.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You're wrong on several accounts.

THIS VERY VERSION of "Thrown Down" is ABSOLUTELY 100% an outtake of Trouble In Shangri~la, and was on the 16~track CD of TISL that certain people received at Stevie's Arizona Benefit in September 2000. Let me repeat: September 2000.

Before the album's release, Stevie took "Thrown Down" off of the record in order for Fleetwood Mac to record it for their new album, which began work in mid~2001, well after THIS VERY VERSION of "Thrown Down" was recorded.

Yes, Lindsey plays on this TISL version of "Thrown Down" ~ he ALSO plays on "I Miss You", which is on TISL, too. And Mick plays drums on the TISL "Thrown Down", just as he did on "Sable On Blond", but that doesn't make "Sable On Blond" an "early" Tango track. Mick and Lindsey BOTH play on Stevie's new album, In Your Dreams. That doesn't make those songs "early" recordings of the next Fleetwood Mac album. Stevie's bandmates played on this version of "Thrown Down" which was specifically recorded for her solo album. When she had to cut a few songs from Trouble In Shangri~la, she took off this "Thrown Down", so that Fleetwood Mac could record a new version for their record.

To repeat: This version of "Thrown Down" is included on the acetate of Trouble In Shangri~la BECAUSE it's from Trouble In Shangri~la, not an "early" Say You Will track.

Last edited by mikebise; 04-14-2011 at 06:20 PM..
Old 04-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone did not randomly add this version of "Thrown Down" to the TISL acetate ~ it's ON THERE! THIS VERY VERSION!!!!!!!

It's not a Say You Will recording. It was on the 16~track CD of TISL that Stevie handed out in September 2000.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Always wondered if anyone had the actual file of the acapella intro of TISL (the song) that played on the tour... would LOVE to have that.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebise View Post

THIS VERY VERSION of "Thrown Down" is ABSOLUTELY 100% an outtake of Trouble In Shangri~la, and was on the 16~track CD of TISL that certain people received at Stevie's Arizona Benefit in September 2000. Let me repeat: September 2000.

Before the album's release, Stevie took "Thrown Down" off of the record in order for Fleetwood Mac to record it for their new album, which began work in mid~2001, well after THIS VERY VERSION of "Thrown Down" was recorded.

Yes, Lindsey plays on this TISL version of "Thrown Down" ~ he ALSO plays on "I Miss You", which is on TISL, too. And Mick plays drums on the TISL "Thrown Down", just as he did on "Sable On Blond", but that doesn't make "Sable On Blond" an "early" Tango track. Mick and Lindsey BOTH play on Stevie's new album, In Your Dreams. That doesn't make those songs "early" recordings of the next Fleetwood Mac album. Stevie's bandmates played on this version of "Thrown Down" which was specifically recorded for her solo album. When she had to cut a few songs from Trouble In Shangri~la, she took off this "Thrown Down", so that Fleetwood Mac could record a new version for their record.

To repeat: This version of "Thrown Down" is included on the acetate of Trouble In Shangri~la BECAUSE it's from Trouble In Shangri~la, not an "early" Say You Will track.

Dude, I think you need to calm down ---they're just demos and alternates.

They are all neat to hear though

"We looked out the window as we watched the cars fly by...
I looked at you and I start to cry
What you did was, you saved my life
...I won't forget it."
Old 04-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebise View Post

So this is hella random, but I was wondering this the other day. Lindsey always has Mick and John and Chris on his solo albums, but has he ever had Stevie on any of his solo stuff? With him being on her last two albums, I think it'd be neat if he asked her to do some backing vocals on a song on his new album.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for posting this acetate.
I am currently listening to the alternate version of Bombay Sapphires, and it brought tears to my eyes.
I have always loved the album version, but, I find this version, deeper emotionally.

Thank you again, for making my night!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieSPC View Post
Always wondered if anyone had the actual file of the acapella intro of TISL (the song) that played on the tour... would LOVE to have that.
I've wanted that for ages. To my knowledge it's never surfaced.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All of the links in this thread seem to be broken. Does anyone have a copy of the acetate they'd be willing to share?