Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Oscars

Didn't someone post here recently that the song Stevie did for The book of Henry got an oscar nom? And I swear I remember actually seeing that somewhere in the news, but I'm pretty sure it was not nominated. Did anyone here see anything about it?
Old 01-24-2018, 06:16 AM

The thread was this one: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57240
I checked now and the song's not been nominated.
However I don't know any of the songs nominated this year.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Proof the national news is hyperbole.
Fake news.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Proof the national news is hyperbole.
Fake news.
Alternative facts.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:21 AM

No, simply the song performed by Stevie was among the 40 chosen ones from which the final 5 nominations would be picked, but didn't end up among these ones.
However really, are you guys familiar with the songs that have been nominated this year? I didn't really catch any of them on the radio even once, it's strange.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
No, simply the song performed by Stevie was among the 40 chosen ones from which the final 5 nominations would be picked, but didn't end up among these ones.
However really, are you guys familiar with the songs that have been nominated this year? I didn't really catch any of them on the radio even once, it's strange.
I made the mistake of seeing The Greatest Showman and it was the worst movie I've seen in years... Mostly because it was a musical with poorly written, cliche, autotuned, forgettable music! So I'm astounded that a track from this horrible excuse for a musical won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Oscar!

If anyone has seen the movie Coco, the song "Remember Me" is enough to bring tears to your eyes. That is the song that I think should win.

Stevie's Book of Henry song is lovely but I don't think enough people saw the film for it to be nominated. Sadly this wasn't the case with The Greatest Showman...
Old 01-27-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I made the mistake of seeing The Greatest Showman and it was the worst movie I've seen in years... Mostly because it was a musical with poorly written, cliche, autotuned, forgettable music! So I'm astounded that a track from this horrible excuse for a musical won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Oscar!

If anyone has seen the movie Coco, the song "Remember Me" is enough to bring tears to your eyes. That is the song that I think should win.

Stevie's Book of Henry song is lovely but I don't think enough people saw the film for it to be nominated. Sadly this wasn't the case with The Greatest Showman...
I've just listened out of curiosity to the tune in question and I understand, it's a pretty classic musical song, it didn't strike me in any particular way. I can't judge the movie because I haven't seen it, but I want to say that last time I went to the cinema I refused to see it because I realized that it's starting a Circus theme revival in Hollywood and it puts me off because I already know that in short time we'll be over saturated with productions about Circus and the likes.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post

I think Mystery of Love from Call Me By Your Name should win. There is a montage in the movie set to the song that’s beautiful. However I Think Remember Me will win. The song is sort of important to the plot of the movie and it’s also strikes an emotional chord in the movie. I will say this. I thought both movies were great and I know those songs have to be the front runners. I have seen a lot of movies and the music is especially important in these movies. The Greatest Showman got crappy reviews too. Doubt anything from it will win.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree...."Mystery of Love" SHOULD win....."Remember Me" probably WILL win!
(Or, God forbid, "This Is Me!").