Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default setlist change for 11-4 show?

there's a video of stevie doing Dreams up on youtube and its almost certainly from this year. So she definitely changed the set. I'm just unclear what was removed, if anything, although i would assume it wasn't just an addition. Also did she also do Outside the Rain? My guess on the dropped song would be she decided she can't actually handle doing SDMHA, although thats 100 percent a guess.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 11-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
there's a video of stevie doing Dreams up on youtube and its almost certainly from this year. So she definitely changed the set. I'm just unclear what was removed, if anything, although i would assume it wasn't just an addition. Also did she also do Outside the Rain? My guess on the dropped song would be she decided she can't actually handle doing SDMHA, although thats 100 percent a guess.
Are you sure it's not from early in the tour? Didn't she start out with Dreams in the set and then swapped it out for Gypsy?
Old 11-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It says it's from last nights show

He Will Burn You Down
Old 11-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like she dropped new orleadns and added outside the rain and dreams

He Will Burn You Down
Old 11-04-2017, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Looks like she dropped new orleadns and added outside the rain and dreams
I guess that makes sense, since she's no longer in the United States.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:43 AM

Review of Stevie Nicks and Pretenders’ Chrissie Hynde at Adelaide’s Botanic Park
Stevie Nicks and The Pretenders
Botanic Park

WE got a lesson in rock and roll last night, delivered by two women in their 60s.

The prospect of watching Chrissie Hynde play before Stevie Nicks was an exciting one, and the shows they delivered to a 10,000-strong crowd at Botanic Park (a great outdoor venue) lived up to the promise.

Hynde is a star, stick skinny and oozing rock attitude, and while her band might only contain one original Pretender (drummer Martin Chambers) the musicians she’s assembled do a great job of recreating that spiky, post-punk sound.

Kicking off with a couple of tracks from new record Alone (the title track, and the tough Gotta Wait), Hynde was in fine form, moving around the stage and seemingly enjoying the late afternoon sunshine.

There’s very little of the now obligatory phone filming going on - perhaps the berating she delivered to the crowd in Dubai a couple of weeks ago scared people into leaving their mobiles in their pockets, or perhaps they just paid heed to the sign asking people to “experience the show, not film it”. You can see her point.

Hymn to Her slows things down a little, with just Hynde and her keyboardist working through the ballad, before she straps on her silver Telecaster again and rips through Chain Gang and Stop Your Sobbin’, originally a Kinks number, but one The Pretenders made their own.

I’ll Stand By You is a great showcase for Hynde’s still-amazing voice, while Brass In Pocket - their best-known song - ends things on a high note.

By now the sun has set, and the crowd is eager to see the woman they call The Queen of Rock and Roll.

Kicking off with the early eighties funk of Gold and Braid, it was clear straight away that Nick’s voice had lost none of its distinctive timbre and that the band - led by legendary session guitarist Waddy Wachtel - was as tight as a drum.

This was only Nicks’s second show since the death of close friend and collaborator Tom Petty, and it was a touching moment when Hynde reappeared from backstage to sing Petty’s parts on Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around.

Nicks tells a story (one of many for the night) about consulting with a “spiritual friend” who told her that Petty would’ve wanted her to continue her 24 Karat Gold tour.

“We’re just gonna pretend that Tom’s out there rockin’ on the road somewhere,” she tells the crowd, many of whom are wearing Heartbreakers t-shirts in tribute.

Fleetwood Mac hit Gypsy goes down a treat, as does a mesmerising version of Stand Back, a song, Nicks tells us, that she “kind of stole” from Prince, with his blessing.

According to Nicks she was on her honeymoon when she first heard The Purple One’s Little Red Corvette, and knew instantly that she needed to write a song of her own based on the backing music. She goes on to tell how she tracked Prince down in LA and convinced him to play keyboards and guitar on the song.

“Forty-five minutes it took him, then he was gone,” she laughs.

Every song is accompanied by a monologue, but they’re all delivered with that trademark wide-eyed enthusiasm and they never get boring.

The end of the set sees things ratchet up a notch. The Mac’s Gold Dust Woman, already a cracking tune, is transformed into a trance-like epic, while Edge of Seventeen has the crowd in raptures.

An encore was called for and delivered - two Fleetwood Mac classics in Rhiannon and the touching Landslide - before a collective bow is taken and a promise is made to “see you all next year”. Let’s hope so.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entert...ec36fc32eab2f1
Old 11-05-2017, 06:44 AM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Review of Stevie Nicks and Pretenders’ Chrissie Hynde at Adelaide’s Botanic Park
Stevie Nicks and The Pretenders
Botanic Park

There’s very little of the now obligatory phone filming going on - perhaps the berating she delivered to the crowd in Dubai a couple of weeks ago scared people into leaving their mobiles in their pockets, or perhaps they just paid heed to the sign asking people to “experience the show, not film it”. You can see her point.
No I can't see her point actually. I'm so sick of this attitude. If people want to preserve a little memory of your show which they have paid a lot of money to see, what's it to you? You're blessed that people want to do that.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
According to setlist.fm she played Dreams yesterday ...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/stevi...-73e35a0d.html
Old 11-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What happened in Dubai? Enquiring minds...

Kevin
Old 11-05-2017, 04:34 PM

You can read about it here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Pretenders’ Chrissie Hynde Tells Fans Filming Concert To “Stick Your Phone Up Your Ass”

Pretenders’ frontwoman Chrissie Hynde has cracked it at a crowd in Dubai for filming their concert.

As The Sun report, Hynde stormed off the stage after calling the crowd “c**ts” and told them to “stick your phone up your ass”, appearing annoyed at everyone pulling their phones out to film the gig.

She also reportedly said that she didn’t give a “****” because she already had their money. She then walked off stage but not before cocking her leg and saying, “Take a picture of that.”

This week the band will touch down in Australia playing headline shows as well as supporting Stevie Nicks. The first show will be in Perth and upon touching down in Dubai Hynde wrote on Facebook, “Hot and a little jet-lagged but looking forward to Perth!”

After a recent UK tour Hynde took to Facebook to apologise for being “a bit of a bitch when it came to camera phones”.

“I know I’m sometimes not the celebrity you want, but believe me, I suffer for it later that night and wish I could be a nicer person,” she wrote.

The Dubai audience that copped Hynde’s serve were also not treated to an encore which means they didn’t get to hear one of the band’s biggest songs ‘Brass In Pocket’.

The band are yet to speak out about the incident.

Read more at http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/preten...Kypcl836IeH.99
Old 11-05-2017, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks. I had misunderstood and thought they were talking about Stevie. I actually share Chrissie's opinion but if people want to film, they are going to. No point in flipping out like that, especially since it's a given nowadays.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
Thanks. I had misunderstood and thought they were talking about Stevie. I actually share Chrissie's opinion but if people want to film, they are going to. No point in flipping out like that, especially since it's a given nowadays.
I agree with you. However I want to add that that somehow made me like Chrissie more.