The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Aye!!!! What a great album that would be. So much more interesting than anything that's come out under the name "Fleetwood Mac" in a long time.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Aye!!!! What a great album that would be. So much more interesting than anything that's come out under the name "Fleetwood Mac" in a long time.
thats for sure!
Old 07-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The way record companies re-hash FM stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to compile something Greatest Hits wise that's like Stevie's Crystal Visions. Maybe the best of Christine w/ Fleetwood Mac & then her solo hits. I know there was that yellow promotional CD compilation (forget name of company that released it) but I don't believe that has any of her solo work on it. It would be nice if she got her due with a combined Greatest Hits. Same ol' stuff-repackaged, but I'd buy it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 07-19-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
The way record companies re-hash FM stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to compile something Greatest Hits wise that's like Stevie's Crystal Visions. Maybe the best of Christine w/ Fleetwood Mac & then her solo hits. I know there was that yellow promotional CD compilation (forget name of company that released it) but I don't believe that has any of her solo work on it. It would be nice if she got her due with a combined Greatest Hits. Same ol' stuff-repackaged, but I'd buy it!
Christine Perfect got her due with a package!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
There was some buzz last year, about a Chris CD coming out, and it turned out to be nothing. While I certainly HOPE it's true, I sincerely doubt it is. The sales of ITM were pretty dismal, and I doubt she puts out another CD. I pray that I'm wrong.
Sales aren't the sole motivation for an artist to release a record. In Christine's case, money isn't even main factor. In a likely senario, perhaps she's written some songs in her spare time and wants to release them -- with a reasonable expection that it will reach a small group diehard fans.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Sales aren't the sole motivation for an artist to release a record. In Christine's case, money isn't even main factor. In a likely senario, perhaps she's written some songs in her spare time and wants to release them -- with a reasonable expection that it will reach a small group diehard fans.
However, there is no evidence whatsoever that such a project is (or will be) underway.

On the other hand, I think a "Christine McVie Anthology" would be something that might happen. It would include representative samples of her early blues work, her Fleetwood Mac stuff before the California duo joined, as well as some of her solo material, and hopefully dig up some unreleased material that we haven't heard a million times. MAYBE Chris could be motivated to contribute one or two new tracks to such an anthology.

I just have a feeling that's the best we can hope for, and even that probably isn't all that likely.

I hope I'm wrong.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Ledgie

Hello Joanne & all: Add my vote to the blues quartet with Mick, John, & Peter. Certainly a Mac cd for the ages. Also love the idea of a Christine anthology package w/Chicken Shack, FM, and solo works. Not sure how realistic this dream is, but so wonderful to think about! Best regards, Madelow.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe its selling in england..... i mean idk

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 09-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First off, while the Upcoming Releases section at Pause & Play could be updated/cleaned up, it is, WITHOUT DOUBT, the best site on the internet for new release information.

As for Christine ever recording again, I doubt it. I'd love to see it....but I doubt it. I bet she doesn't even have a manager or agent any more.....just an accountant!!!