User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Yes, it is on that. Mick and LB are talking about the fact that CM sent flowers.
wow I thought I knew that dvd front to back... hmmm...guess I will have to watch it again. thanks.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
wow I thought I knew that dvd front to back... hmmm...guess I will have to watch it again. thanks.
I think it was on that. Didn't they have the section at the end about the first concert and how it was sold out, with footage backstage. I think it showed LB holding La Nicks hand walking up the stairs to the stage.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, it is on that. Mick and LB are talking about the fact that CM sent flowers.
Lindsey is all "awww shucks" when he says that Christine sent a card, saying: "Love the new album." And Mick says something like: "A real class act, that one." IT'S SO CUTE. Little did they know she really meant: "Too much guitar."

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Lindsey is all "awww shucks" when he says that Christine sent a card, saying: "Love the new album." And Mick says something like: "A real class act, that one." IT'S SO CUTE. Little did they know she really meant: "Too much guitar."
Yea - I took it that way. Some people took that aw shucks in a different way. They thought he was being snarky.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it was on that. Didn't they have the section at the end about the first concert and how it was sold out, with footage backstage. I think it showed LB holding La Nicks hand walking up the stairs to the stage.
Right, there was the dressing room prior to the first show...Lindsey lingering in the bathroom...Lindsey pumping up Mick "feel like god"...Lindsey's kisses on Stevie's hands...the walk to stage...then the fade to black. I do not recall any discussion of flowers from CM. I will watch it again as I would be interested in any flower from CM comments.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
weirdness...I don't recall. thanks for the deets...I will find lateron.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
I read (somewhere) a similar quote, but it went on to say that she sold her house in California and moved to England because the earthquakes made her nervous. The *burned her bridges* meant, she ain't coming back to the USA to live.
Yes, when he elaborates he does say that that is what he means. Divorce, selling her house, moving. Although, the fact that he keeps using the phrase "burned her bridges" implies to me that he is being deliberately devilish. He must know its connotations.

I think Lindsey and Christine had a good relationship through the Dance. Then, during the SYW discussions, maybe they had words. Mick said he heard them on the phone talking and never said what they said -- but I don't think that Lindsey had a good reaction to Chris not being involved in SYW.

They never said they had words, but I perceive both of them as taking digs at each other after that time. Christine, probably in response to Lindsey's 'testosterone, 30% more room, she never was that exciting live' schtick. I don't think he was happy she didn't take part and not because of the money either. I think he made more money getting 25% of the take than he would getting 20%, but he just wanted her.

I think they may have had words in 2003, but am sure they love one another and would no doubt kiss and make up, if they ever saw each other for more than 5 minutes at a stretch. It is hard to mend bridges across continents.

Michele
Old 08-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Too much California guitar. When she talked about Dan having an Englishman's sense of guitar playing so much, I really had to start laughing.

Michele
Old 08-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
Right, there was the dressing room prior to the first show...Lindsey lingering in the bathroom...Lindsey pumping up Mick "feel like god"...Lindsey's kisses on Stevie's hands...the walk to stage...then the fade to black. I do not recall any discussion of flowers from CM. I will watch it again as I would be interested in any flower from CM comments.
The flower comment is on the VH-1 All Access, not on Destiny Rules. Lindsey asks Mick if he saw the card and flowers from Christine and then says, "Class Act" to which Mick agreed. I believe it was Lindsey who said that.

On the testosterone percentage, seems like Stevie also made those comments.

They are all so funny to me.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

Oops - I forgot about that one

Old 08-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, when he elaborates he does say that that is what he means. Divorce, selling her house, moving. Although, the fact that he keeps using the phrase "burned her bridges" implies to me that he is being deliberately devilish. He must know its connotations.

I think Lindsey and Christine had a good relationship through the Dance. Then, during the SYW discussions, maybe they had words. Mick said he heard them on the phone talking and never said what they said -- but I don't think that Lindsey had a good reaction to Chris not being involved in SYW.

They never said they had words, but I perceive both of them as taking digs at each other after that time. Christine, probably in response to Lindsey's 'testosterone, 30% more room, she never was that exciting live' schtick. I don't think he was happy she didn't take part and not because of the money either. I think he made more money getting 25% of the take than he would getting 20%, but he just wanted her.

I think they may have had words in 2003, but am sure they love one another and would no doubt kiss and make up, if they ever saw each other for more than 5 minutes at a stretch. It is hard to mend bridges across continents.

Michele
I've wondered at the being paid 25% thing. On the Destiny Rules DVD, Lindsey says that the label will only pay for 12 songs. I've wondered if he didn't take a huge hit on the other six songs. I can't imagine Stevie would forego money to make room for Lindsey's creativity. I'm speculating he got absolutely raped on the money end of things and that's why he sold his house.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the time, there was huge speculation regarding LB's finances. The general conclusion was though he may have lost come money on SYW, he was vastly richer than the other members of FM and could afford it. As for seling the house, that came out of left field. I think K just wanted a new home and a fresh start. Remember, that new house on the hill was built on LB's bahelor pad, which has been badly damaged in an earthquake. So, it is likely the insurance money paid for much of the new house. Then, they go and sell it. Finally, it was speculated that the Stevie and LB likely made $100,000 each on average per concert, esp. when you count the merch. So, I cannot imagine he was so broke as to sell his house. But, I guess ionly he knows for sure and it certainly is possible.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
I've wondered at the being paid 25% thing. On the Destiny Rules DVD, Lindsey says that the label will only pay for 12 songs.
In the kitchen when Lindsey is teasing John, he says the additional costs for mixing the song will be $9000 and John says how much will that cost him and Lindsey says to split $9000 4 ways. I think that was for EFO, so they were sharing that equally. I have wondered about the apportionment of costs on the additional 6 songs too. Michele
Old 08-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Registered

Quote:
I think K just wanted a new home and a fresh start.
Lets not forget another Town & Country feature either- I'm sure there's hopes for that too. (Why the hell was Kristen on the cover anyways?)

Quote:
Remember, that new house on the hill was built on LB's bahelor pad, which has been badly damaged in an earthquake. So, it is likely the insurance money paid for much of the new house. Then, they go and sell it. Finally, it was speculated that the Stevie and LB likely made $100,000 each on average per concert, esp. when you count the merch. So, I cannot imagine he was so broke as to sell his house. But, I guess ionly he knows for sure and it certainly is possible.
He's not only not broke, he's ridiculously wealthy. He wouldn't be touring the country by private jet out of his own pocket- playing concerts where the gate barely covers all of his other expenses- if he was hard up for cash, either now or even in the recent past.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Lets not forget another Town & Country feature either- I'm sure there's hopes for that too. (Why the hell was Kristen on the cover anyways?)
I know. All I can figure is K is a photographer and likely knew someone that way at a magazine. Also, it is very common for a real estate agent to arrange for a spread of an exclusive home to appear in a prestifious magazine prior to the listing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
He's not only not broke, he's ridiculously wealthy. He wouldn't be touring the country by private jet out of his own pocket- playing concerts where the gate barely covers all of his other expenses- if he was hard up for cash, either now or even in the recent past.
I think so too, which is why I was taken aback a little at LB's worrying about money on the SYW doc. Seemingly he was talking about relatively very little money compared to his actual wealth.