Gypsy 20 32.26%
Little Lies 7 11.29%
Thrown Down 1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default NOMINATIONS: Favorite Rumours Era Song

Here are the nominations for Favorite Rumours Era song...

Rhiannon - winner of Favorite Song from '75 White album
You Make Loving Fun - winner of Favorite Christine Song
Go Your Own Way - winner of Favorite Lindsey Song
The Chain - winner of Favorite Song from Rumours
Sara - winner of Favorite Song from Tusk
Gypsy - (double hitter) winner of both Favorite Song from Mirage and Favorite Stevie Song
Little Lies - winner of Favorite Song from Tango in the Night
Thrown Down - winner of Favorite Song from Say You Will

Nominate 2 songs. The top 4 songs will move on; the others will be out of the battle.

Silver Springs will be the Tiebreaker/arbiter.

Nominations close in 4 days on Sunday.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess you mean Rumours lineup, not era. I've always seen a defined era conformed by the White Album- Rumours - Tusk .

Mick described it so, when he tells about the Tusk tour end:
Three days later, in front of a sold-out audience at the Hollywood Bowl, Lindsey leaned into the mike and announced, "This is our last concert . . . for a long time." I'll never forget Stevie's "Landslide" that night, the way she sang about growing older in her scratchy, uncertain voice. It was an ineffable moment. After the show, we had a classic locker-room victory celebration kisses, hugs, champagne, intense feelings of relief mingled with fatigue. To me it felt like the end of an era. And it indeed turned out to be exactly that.

Mirage and Tango belong to a different era, defined by a new decade, a 5 years interval between albums, and the presence of solo works. The late 70s Fleetwood Mac era is far different.

Last edited by Villavic; 12-15-2010 at 04:41 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You've got to be kidding me. This is possibly the hardest decision I've ever had to make, haha.

I got bored, this was the result:

Old 12-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here on the Ledge, there are 3 eras - Pre-Rumours, Rumours, and Post-Rumours. Where besides Rumours era would Mirage, Tango, and SYW go?
Old 12-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ridiculously hard choice.

I went for Rhiannon and Gypsy though. No Rhiannon = No Stevie Nicks.

Gypsy is simply a masterpiece.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Had to go with The Chain and Go Your Own way.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Rhiannon" & "Go Your Own Way" for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Here on the Ledge, there are 3 eras - Pre-Rumours, Rumours, and Post-Rumours. Where besides Rumours era would Mirage, Tango, and SYW go?
Since Mirage, Tango & The Dance have the same personnel as the Rumours album, they're DEFINITELY Rumours era.

TECHNICALLY, SYW should go "Post-Rumours", since Christine is gone. If you count SYW to be Rumours-era without one member from that era, then you might as well count BTM as Rumours-era since only one member from that era is gone, as well. Yeah, that's what I thought.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

Since Mirage, Tango & The Dance have the same personnel as the Rumours album, they're DEFINITELY Rumours era.

TECHNICALLY, SYW should go "Post-Rumours", since Christine is gone. If you count SYW to be Rumours-era without one member from that era, then you might as well count BTM as Rumours-era since only one member from that era is gone, as well. Yeah, that's what I thought.
I'd probably agree with you here. Tusk, Mirage, Rumours and so on are most definitely Rumours Lineup/Era. Behind The Mask (Tango In The Night tour if we're nitpicking), Say You Will and any future project would be post Rumours. But if we were nitpicking to such a degree, in the same breath we'd have to cut them down even further. So there would have to be a Peter Green era, a Bob Welch era and such. To save confusion and just to make an otherwise overly complicated lineup history more simple, Pre, Rumours and Post are the easiest to stick to and pretty much differentiated by a missing link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
You've got to be kidding me. This is possibly the hardest decision I've ever had to make, haha.

I got bored, this was the result:

If I were able to vote at the present moment, I would vote for Rhiannon and Gypsy. But my favourite songs are ever mercurial so that could change in as little as an hour hehe.

Last edited by Silver Springs; 12-15-2010 at 05:33 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But if you do that then you might as well count Rumours era as Pre-Rumours since only one member (Bob Welch) was gone.

The standard here seems to be SYW is Rumours era. So I guess it goes Pre-Rumours, Rumours, Post-Rumours and then Rumours minus 1...maybe they can create another forum dividing 75-87 and 97-2010.

Actually the '75 FM album could be counted as Pre-Rumours since it came before Rumours!!

But back on topic, these 8 are all great songs. Its gonna be hard for me to pick my two, not that it's easy for you guys!!

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 12-15-2010 at 05:37 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted for The Chain and Gypsy

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Ledge define forums, not necessarily eras, I guess.

Quote:
Since you "friendly" say DEFINITELY, and in uppercase (shouting according to some internet/email standards), I'm afraid to answer... but... who cares...

I still feel Tango and Mirage from different eras. Even with the divorces/breakups nightmares during Rumours, Tusk, those albums (with the band) seems more from a strong band.

During Mirage and Tango, members had their own lawyers, interests, agreements. They had grown. They were in their late 30s. Impossible to be on the same "swing". It is "definitely" a different era to me. A strong group still, but some chemistry was being lost.

As the Beatles, always the same personnel but different haircuts, lyrics,. The first albums (circa 1962-66) contains songs about a crush on a girl, being in love, pop sound, etc. The late albums (1967-70) are more of the hippie era, long haircuts, the flower power, peace & love, some deep lyrics, maybe LSD or diamonds , etc.. "Definitely" different eras. But the same personnel

So why not 2 different eras during the Rumours lineup?
Old 12-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
The standard here seems to be SYW is Rumours era.
Which irks me to no end, because it ISN'T. No Christine, NOT Rumours era. To me Rumours-era is: Mick, John, Chris, Lindsey, Stevie...as a unit. Hence, '75 album, Rumours, Tusk, Live (1980), Mirage, Tango In The Night, most of tie 1988 Greatest Hits, The Dance.

Behind The Mask, Time, Say You Will, & Live In Boston (2003) are POST-Rumours era albums. Since not all of the qualifying 5 members are involved. Ok, those may argue that "Christine makes an appearance or two on SYW", well, so does Lindsey on both BTM & Time...but those aren't considered Rumours era.

A proposed compromise: If SYW is to be considered Rumours-era, then the Rumours forum name should be changed to "Buckingham & Nicks-era". That would be the only way SYW could qualify. But, as is, the criteria of being the 5 members who were on Rumours, it doesn't and shouldn't.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Please don't kill me or put me down in any way when i say this.

I kinda consider SYW to be Rumours era part 2 cause, sure you're missing a member, but it is essentially the same lineup and it sounds pretty close musically to my ears, almost an updated version for the new millenium.

When someone says post-Rumours, I immediately have visions of Rick and Billy and BTM and Time, not SYW

Old 12-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Which irks me to no end, because it ISN'T. No Christine, NOT Rumours era. To me Rumours-era is: Mick, John, Chris, Lindsey, Stevie...as a unit. Hence, '75 album, Rumours, Tusk, Live (1980), Mirage, Tango In The Night, most of tie 1988 Greatest Hits, The Dance.

Behind The Mask, Time, Say You Will, & Live In Boston (2003) are POST-Rumours era albums. Since not all of the qualifying 5 members are involved. Ok, those may argue that "Christine makes an appearance or two on SYW", well, so does Lindsey on both BTM & Time...but those aren't considered Rumours era.

A proposed compromise: If SYW is to be considered Rumours-era, then the Rumours forum name should be changed to "Buckingham & Nicks-era". That would be the only way SYW could qualify. But, as is, the criteria of being the 5 members who were on Rumours, it doesn't and shouldn't.
..... In your opinion.

The board has developed a long standing concensus without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Please don't kill me or put me down in any way when i say this.

I kinda consider SYW to be Rumours era part 2 cause, sure you're missing a member, but it is essentially the same lineup and it sounds pretty close musically to my ears, almost an updated version for the new millenium.

When someone says post-Rumours, I immediately have visions of Rick and Billy and BTM and Time, not SYW
I agree. Completely my own opinion, and I apologise to anybody who doesn't share it, but personally the term "Post Rumours" is synonymous with dip in quality and standards. Say You Will is a return to the mentality that made the Rumours era so great, so should even be an honorary member despite Chris' regrettable abscence.

Last edited by Silver Springs; 12-15-2010 at 06:32 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
..... In your opinion.

The board has developed a long standing concensus without it.

I had to give it to you Bee. Couldn't have said it any better

*Runs and hides for cover in case war breaks out*

Last edited by MissLadyLoki; 12-15-2010 at 06:30 PM..
Closed Thread